Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2006, 21:44   #1
BHPian

Suggestion/Solutions 98 PCD Alloy wheels for FIAT(Palio, Adventure)

Need Alloys for Palio in Bangalore, I am not able to find 98PCD alloys for my palio. If any one knows where it is available please PM me. I asked in Hot Tracks and it is not available .
Old 26th November 2006, 07:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

Why don't you go for the stock Palio alloys in this case? They are a bit expensive but will save you the hassle.
Old 26th November 2006, 13:15   #3
BHPian

well need the car to look different
Old 26th November 2006, 13:53   #4
BANNED

100 PCDs can be altered a bit to fit n 98PCD cars.
Some of my friends have done that for their Palios.

And 98PCD alloys are available in the market, but hard to find.
Old 26th November 2006, 15:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think Aura has 98 PCD Alloy wheels for Palio.

Just check-out with any of the Aura dealers OR the distributor in B'lore (M V Enterprises, Ph: 41224690/91).

Last edited by finneyp : 26th November 2006 at 15:07.
Old 26th November 2006, 19:49   #6
BHPian

Sivadas may be of help

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
Need Alloys for Palio in Bangalore, I am not able to find 98PCD alloys for my palio. If any one knows where it is available please PM me. I asked in Hot Tracks and it is not available .
Check with Sivadas, he seems to have done it before. Instead of going for 100 he got 98 PCDs themselves (aura I think).
Old 27th November 2006, 11:25   #7
BHPian

can i have the nos for sivadas
Old 27th November 2006, 11:58   #8
BHPian

Prashanth,
As Finneyp mentioned, you can get it from M.V. enterprises-Kalasipalaya. I got from them only. They had a stall in the recent Vaahan Yatra exhibition. They said that they that can get it on order(if they don't have stock).
And please try to get the 98 PCD one itself. 100-98 PCD adjustment might not be reliable.
Old 27th November 2006, 12:01   #9
BHPian

thank you , i already spoke and they said they can get it adjusted, i have written to neo wheels regarding the same and waiting for reply
Old 27th November 2006, 13:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

U want 13" or 14" alloys....???
I think u will get better design choices in 14".....
Old 5th July 2008, 14:43   #11
BHPian

Alloy for Palio MJD SDX 98 PCD

Hi all

Please help finding 98pcd alloy for palio MJD balck in bangalore

I had checked Neo Wheels and Aura website, both of the site has models having 98 PCD but while I inquired about those with my tyre guy (Sai) I got only Aura one model which doesn't look good on a black palio.

Please give info for the same

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th July 2008 at 15:28.
Old 6th July 2008, 18:25   #12
BHPian

Fiat Adventure - Alloy Upgrade?

Friends,

I need some advice on alloy wheel upgrade for my Fiat Adventure. Due to bad camber, the tires have taken some hit on the shoulder. Moreover I have been on running on differnt profile in the front and rear. I have decided to take my car to a camber adjustment expert and get things sorted out. Not that I haven't been to experts in the past . However, I am sure that once all settings are done and if still there is a drag, people will blame it on tires. So I have decided to upgrade all 5 tires and the alloys.

Stock Tire Profile: 175/80-R14
Stock Rim: 5.5 J, ET 40

I would like to upgrade the alloys to 15". And that's where the whole issue is. There are couple of 98 PCD designs in 14" alloys but the market has virtually no options in 98 PCD for 15" alloys. So how do I upgrade the alloys?

I came across Hub/PCD adapters on PerformanceAlloys.com. They have a adapter (from H&R Germany) for this purpose. I have following questions

1. This adpater will also act as a spacer (20 mm on each wheel). How will this affect the offset? If yes, what should the ET value for my new rims? Should it be ET 20? Will I ever get rims with such a ET value?

2. If I decide to buy them, are they really worth the money? With air frieght and customs, they may cost me almost as much as the alloy themselves.

3. If this is not enough, most of the new 15" alloys have width of 6.5". I believe this will further impact the offset. So if I buy PCD adapter and upgrade to an alloy with a width of 6.5", what should be the offset value?

4. How about PCD variation bolts? Someone from the sales team of PerformanceAlloy.com told me that OZ recommends using PCD variation bolts for fitting 100 PCD alloys on 98 PCD hubs. They are not sold seperately like PCD adapters. Are they available in India?

If changing alloy is going to be too much I am also open to retaining my current alloys and put 195/70-R14 tires on them. However I couldn't find any exciting tires with this specification. The only ones that I could find in market were Michelin XM and Bridgestone Potenza RE88. Both of these are boring tires. I will be happy to the below goodyear tire if it is available

1. Goodyear Assurance - TripleTred

if anyone is aware of additional options in this size, please share them on this thread.

All suggestions would help.

Thanks
Anant

Last edited by akbaree : 6th July 2008 at 18:27.
Old 6th July 2008, 18:26   #13

Do you have original wheels on your car? If you are going to change the wheels too, Fellow Bhpian MichealSchume will be delighted to take them.
Old 6th July 2008, 19:33   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Do you have original wheels on your car? If you are going to change the wheels too, Fellow Bhpian MichealSchume will be delighted to take them.
Yes, I do have stock alloys on my car. Whether I can trade these alloys with MichealSchume will depend on if I can find a solution to put 100 PCD alloys on my car.
Old 9th July 2008, 21:44   #15
BHPian

Folks,

There have been no responses to my questions. If someone can help me in understanding this better, it will be great. It could even be just giving up on upgrading alloys.

Thanks
Anant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
Friends,

I need some advice on alloy wheel upgrade for my Fiat Adventure. Due to bad camber, the tires have taken some hit on the shoulder. Moreover I have been on running on differnt profile in the front and rear. I have decided to take my car to a camber adjustment expert and get things sorted out. Not that I haven't been to experts in the past . However, I am sure that once all settings are done and if still there is a drag, people will blame it on tires. So I have decided to upgrade all 5 tires and the alloys.

Stock Tire Profile: 175/80-R14
Stock Rim: 5.5 J, ET 40

I would like to upgrade the alloys to 15". And that's where the whole issue is. There are couple of 98 PCD designs in 14" alloys but the market has virtually no options in 98 PCD for 15" alloys. So how do I upgrade the alloys?

I came across Hub/PCD adapters on PerformanceAlloys.com. They have a adapter (from H&R Germany) for this purpose. I have following questions

1. This adpater will also act as a spacer (20 mm on each wheel). How will this affect the offset? If yes, what should the ET value for my new rims? Should it be ET 20? Will I ever get rims with such a ET value?

2. If I decide to buy them, are they really worth the money? With air frieght and customs, they may cost me almost as much as the alloy themselves.

3. If this is not enough, most of the new 15" alloys have width of 6.5". I believe this will further impact the offset. So if I buy PCD adapter and upgrade to an alloy with a width of 6.5", what should be the offset value?

4. How about PCD variation bolts? Someone from the sales team of PerformanceAlloy.com told me that OZ recommends using PCD variation bolts for fitting 100 PCD alloys on 98 PCD hubs. They are not sold seperately like PCD adapters. Are they available in India?

If changing alloy is going to be too much I am also open to retaining my current alloys and put 195/70-R14 tires on them. However I couldn't find any exciting tires with this specification. The only ones that I could find in market were Michelin XM and Bridgestone Potenza RE88. Both of these are boring tires. I will be happy to the below goodyear tire if it is available

1. Goodyear Assurance - TripleTred

if anyone is aware of additional options in this size, please share them on this thread.

All suggestions would help.

Thanks
Anant

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks