Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 15:13   #61
BHPian

You get in lots of places on JC road. Super tyres should be able to get you one which is opp Multi level car parking place. Owner name is Santhosh
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:04   #62
BHPian

Re: How good are Maxxis tires

Hi Guys, Is there any authorised dealer for Maxxis in Goa?

I'm looking for 195/45R14 size tyres for my hatchback. How much would they cost?

thanks
Old 22nd December 2010, 21:09   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
Hi Guys, Is there any authorised dealer for Maxxis in Goa?

I'm looking for 195/45R14 size tyres for my hatchback. How much would they cost?

thanks
No authorised dealer in Goa, but you can get them from Impact in Panjim or the tyre shop at the end of the road near Dr. Arcanjo's hospital in Margao. You could also try your luck at Swadeshi Tyres, Vasco.
Old 22nd December 2010, 21:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

I used the Maxxis on my Lancer. They had brilliant hold. VFM pricing, but I did not keep the car long enough to give an exhaustive report. Though whatever I used them for - they were as good as any other. but then the Lancer did not have much power either.

Cheers
Old 22nd December 2010, 22:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Read on FB that some of them felt it good. The comment were from people who love cars and know about cars.
Old 24th December 2010, 16:30   #66
PPS
Senior - BHPian

I had Maxxis tyres on my Octavia, they are decent tyres. If you have low expectations then you will be satisfied with them. Got them changed recently and now my dad has opted for Apollo Accelere inspite of me telling him to opt for Yokahoma's.
Old 27th May 2011, 10:48   #67
Senior - BHPian

I went to a tyre shop yesterday to check about new tyres for my Santro Xing. Since he mentioned Maxxis, I searched the net and found this thread. I guess it's alright to post our discussion in this thread.

The seller says the Maxxis brand is now OEM on many vehicles, including Tata Ace and Winger. He also says many Qualis owners (tour operators) buy the Maxxis tubeless tyres from him and use them with a tube inside (since their older rims don't support tubeless tyres).

I had enquired about Michelins (155/70/R13) at another tyre shop and was quoted 3250 apiece.
Maxxis (165/65/R13) tubeless were quoted at 3000 apiece.
JK (155/70/R13) tubeless were quoted at 2750 apiece.
JK (155/70/R13) with tube were quoted at 2700 apiece.

For all tubeless tyres, the warranty only covers manufacturing defects, while the JK tube tyres seem to have the most comprehensive warranty (at least that's what the seller told me). Most warranties are 50k or 2 years, whichever is earlier. According to him Michelins are the worst (out of the three brands) when it comes to warranty claims.

I am going to stick to tubeless again, so it is going to be a tough choice between JK, Maxxis and Michelins. I am not looking at race performance, so if the tyres work well for normal road use, that's good enough for me.

The attractive part about Maxxis is they are only available in upsize. Rest all are available in regular size. So if I went for Maxxis, I would also be able to see if the upsize makes a difference.

Any opinions?
Old 27th May 2011, 14:10   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I went to a tyre shop yesterday to check about new tyres for my Santro Xing. Since he mentioned Maxxis, I searched the net and found this thread. I guess it's alright to post our discussion in this thread.

The seller says the Maxxis brand is now OEM on many vehicles, including Tata Ace and Winger. He also says many Qualis owners (tour operators) buy the Maxxis tubeless tyres from him and use them with a tube inside (since their older rims don't support tubeless tyres).

I had enquired about Michelins (155/70/R13) at another tyre shop and was quoted 3250 apiece.
Maxxis (165/65/R13) tubeless were quoted at 3000 apiece.
JK (155/70/R13) tubeless were quoted at 2750 apiece.
JK (155/70/R13) with tube were quoted at 2700 apiece.

For all tubeless tyres, the warranty only covers manufacturing defects, while the JK tube tyres seem to have the most comprehensive warranty (at least that's what the seller told me). Most warranties are 50k or 2 years, whichever is earlier. According to him Michelins are the worst (out of the three brands) when it comes to warranty claims.

I am going to stick to tubeless again, so it is going to be a tough choice between JK, Maxxis and Michelins. I am not looking at race performance, so if the tyres work well for normal road use, that's good enough for me.

The attractive part about Maxxis is they are only available in upsize. Rest all are available in regular size. So if I went for Maxxis, I would also be able to see if the upsize makes a difference.

Any opinions?
If the part in bold above is your requirement, I would recommend you to go for Apollo Acelere. They are jack of all trades - good grip, low noise, long life and very reasonable price. These are used and praised by many forum members. Not sure of prices at your location, in North, these are available ~2500 per tire for 155/70/13. These are also available in 165/65/13 but for that you need atleast 4.5J rims. Santro stock rims are 4J. So if you have not upgraded to wider rims/ alloys, you can't use 165s'.

We have used 3 sets of aceleres on our 2 santros with over 1.5L km's in total. Very happy so far. Just my two cents. May I say whichever other tires you choose, please do not go for JK's. You can search the forum for reasons. Some additional info:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-how-they.html
Old 30th May 2011, 17:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
... These are also available in 165/65/13 but for that you need atleast 4.5J rims. Santro stock rims are 4J. So if you have not upgraded to wider rims/ alloys, you can't use 165s'.
That's a good word of caution. I shall check my manual to confirm which size the rim is. Also your post prompted me to run a search and I found this:

Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4

Towards the bottom of the page there's a rim width calculator. I entered the tyre size 165/65/R13 and it came up with 4.5x13. However when I entered the tyre size 155/70/R13, it still shows me 4.5x13. Does it mean the Santro actually has 4.5J rims?
Old 30th May 2011, 18:00   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
That's a good word of caution. I shall check my manual to confirm which size the rim is. Also your post prompted me to run a search and I found this:

Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4

Towards the bottom of the page there's a rim width calculator. I entered the tyre size 165/65/R13 and it came up with 4.5x13. However when I entered the tyre size 155/70/R13, it still shows me 4.5x13. Does it mean the Santro actually has 4.5J rims?
Stock Santro has 4 inch rims only. You can check this by reading carefully the marking on the rim. It's on the outer side of the rim so you can check w/o removing the rim. There will be numbers like 4J, 13, 100. 100 here is the PCD.

Well, perfect rim size for 155 is also 4.5, hence carbibles mentions that. But 155 also work fine on 4J hence hyundai used that size. But for 165, 4.5J is minimum required. I10 also comes with 155 tyres but comes with 4.5J rims from Hyundai.
Old 19th March 2013, 17:13   #71
BHPian

Has anyone got any feedback on the MA-202s fitted as OEM tyres to hatchbacks? I've got them on my Micra, would like to know what other people think of them.
Old 28th March 2013, 17:07   #72

Any reviews about Maxxis MAZ1 205/60 14?
Old 23rd October 2013, 14:08   #73
BHPian

I have had really bad experience with Maxxis tires. It came as stock on my wife's Nissan Micra. Over 20k km driven now, I have had minimum 20 punctures / valve tube replacements. I am planning to upgrade to a better brand sometime next year. And pls note that the areas which we drive in Maxxis are the same with my other car Skoda's Yoko C drives - and even after 10k km's no issues at all.
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:10   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranknair View Post
I have had really bad experience with Maxxis tires. It came as stock on my wife's Nissan Micra. Over 20k km driven now, I have had minimum 20 punctures / valve tube replacements. I am planning to upgrade to a better brand sometime next year. And pls note that the areas which we drive in Maxxis are the same with my other car Skoda's Yoko C drives - and even after 10k km's no issues at all.
You've probably just been unlucky.

I'm not advocating Maxxis in any way but it's definitely not as bad as you are thinking.
ankitahuja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:20   #75
Senior - BHPian

We were in Sri Lanka recently and toured extensively in a Nissan Vanette which was shod with maxxis tyres. I found them very comfortable and grippy. On asking the driver he said they normally last 70k km, but then the roads in Sri Lanka are super for most part. Noticed too that many vehicles there had maxxis. Thus they are quite popular in Sri Lanka.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks