Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 15:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in

I've bought multiple sets of motorcycle tyres on Amazon from different sellers. I've not really had a problem with delivery schedules. However the biggest issue is the lack of clarity of the manufacturing date of the tyres. There might be seller comments that indicate this, but you can never be sure.

Now the jury is still out on whether tyres really 'age' if stored properly. Probably not, but I prefer to know what I'm getting for added peace of mind. It is also hugely inconvenient to load the tyres up and take them to a tyre shop for installation and alignment. I'd rather go to a reputed shop and get it all done in 30 minutes. The prices online and offline are usually very close.

The only reason to buy online is if you need a set of tyres that are not available in your town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYN View Post
He casually told me... he said Tires today come in 3 qualities.
That doesn't make much sense. Since he is selling tyres, his opinion is biased.
ranjitnair77 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 15:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
Changed my Duster tires yesterday from stock MRF to Yokohoma Geolander HT. The local shop price matched along with free installation, Wheel balancing and Alignement. Was looking to pickup from amazon as well, but didnt know we could contact seller to get the MFG dates. I was mainly avoiding amazon to weed out old stock.
Hi v6kgang,

Just stumbled upon your post now. This is an query.

I am having plans of buying exactly the same ones, the Yokohama Geolander HT (215/65/16). What is your feedback on these tyres? Where did you purchase them from and what was the cost?
Old 8th February 2018, 15:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
What is your feedback on these tyres? Where did you purchase them from and what was the cost?
Hi Nalin, these tyres are whole lot better than stock MRF in terms of grip and reduced road noise. Quality is definitely a notch up, longevity is something i have doubts On, My MRF lasted 70K Kms, have to wait and see if this will go that far. Paid 8.5K (including fitment, alignment and balancing) per tyre in SNLP Pitstop in Varthur Road, Whitefield, bangalore.

Thanks
Krishna
v6kgang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 10:13   #34
BHPian

I am planning to change my tyres on my WagonR VXI 2010 model. The two options on Bridgestone were S322 TL 165/65 R14 79T and B290 165/70 R14. Which option is the best or should I try some other manufacturer. Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 10:31   #35
BANNED

One thing to watch out for. The compounds may not be the same everywhere. The UK tyres are using a softer tread material, with a reduced life. Why, UK has a wetter climate.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 10:32   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrats View Post
I am planning to change my tyres on my WagonR VXI 2010 model. The two options on Bridgestone were S322 TL 165/65 R14 79T and B290 165/70 R14. Which option is the best or should I try some other manufacturer. Thanks
Between these two I would pick the B290, it felt quieter and comfortable, they are not the same size thought, but as far as it fits go for it.

The S322 will Outlast the vehicle but becomes noisy and grip levels are poor, I remember changing them a long time ago into Goodyear GT3 , it's an old model. Ecopia is worth taking a look as well.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 18:29   #37
BHPian

Will you suggest any other brands in the same shape and size. My requirement is 1500 km monthly within city and 2000 km on high once in two months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Between these two I would pick the B290, it felt quieter and comfortable, they are not the same size thought, but as far as it fits go for it.

The S322 will Outlast the vehicle but becomes noisy and grip levels are poor, I remember changing them a long time ago into Goodyear GT3 , it's an old model. Ecopia is worth taking a look as well.
Old 12th June 2019, 11:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

As I was browsing on Amazon.in today I noticed that they are selling Michelin Primacy 4ST Tires and these are marked as Returnable for 10 days.

Name:  MichelinPrimacy4ST.png
Views: 2330
Size:  27.6 KB
Tires on Amazon marked as Returnable for 10 days

One of the main negatives for buying tires online at the time of writing this review was the lack of this option. While I will wait for other BHPians to try out and report if they are actually able to return the Tire so far Amazon returns have been extremely simple and straightforward. This option should encourage online tire buying even more now
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 19:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Here is my bad experience of buying tyres from Amazon.

I decided to change tyres of my Honda City 2017 which has run just 25k kms. The tyres are good to go for another 5-10k kms but I wanted to change them because one tyre has a damaged sidewall which is kept as spare (with tube) in the boot till the time I change all tyres. Also, I wanted to upgrade to 195s.

I was confused (Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)) between Yokohama Earth-1 and Yokohama BluEarth. I decided to buy BluEarth and placed order on 16th July (10% HDFC discount) for two tyres (Amazon did not allow more than two tyres in one order). It was “Fulfilled by Amazon” order. I had planned to place order for two more tyres after 2-3 days with ICICI Bank discount offer. I had a chat on whatsapp followed by phone call with the seller (Online Tyre Trade) and he assured me that I will get May-June 2019 manufactured tyres.

Both tyres were shipped separately and I got them on 19th July. I was not at home when first tyre was delivered. After coming back I saw that it is Yokohama Earth-1 and not BluEarth which I had ordered. I called the seller and he casually said “Ek hi baat hai” (They are same). After explaining more and telling him price difference and different listings, he asked me to send pictures & order number through whatsapp and and then he will get back to me which I immediately sent. He never got back to me.

Few minutes later, 2nd tyre arrived, this was also Earth-1 which I did not accept.

Unfortunately, the tyre was not returnable (the option is there in "my orders" but if we click on it, it says "This item isn't eligible for return"). So, I called Amazon and they were confused like if it is Yokohama and it is 195/60/R15 so what’s wrong. I explained the difference.

The customer care executive told me that he will make a report about this and it will be investigated by their concerned team. I was not happy with the reply so spoke to his senior but he also said that they will investigate and check their CCTV footage of their delivery center, etc., etc. and get back to me in 2-3 days (The mail I got says "I have filled an investigation to check what exactly has happened and our investigation team may contact you for inquiries before 26 July 2019").

As expected no call/mail/resolution from Amazon in last 6 days. This response is to a Prime customer with more than 700 orders since 2013 and few more before 2013 on Amazon.com.

Fortunately, I didn’t loose much from this episode. Just about Rs.500 cost difference between Earth-1 and BluEarth (got refund of the 2nd tyre next day). I am equally ok with Earth-1 tyres, so will get 3 more from a local dealer.

I am sharing this so that BHPians can take precautions while buying tyres from Amazon:

1. Buy from only returnable listings
2. Before accepting, check brand / model / size / manufacturing date and then accept / refuse. It is easier to get refund if you do not accept.

Listing of Earth-1:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01I9TC3CQ

Listing of BluEarth:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07MD5TLQL/

When I placed order, both the listings were from same seller (Online Tyre Trade).

I will update the thread in case I get any communication from Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-1.jpg  

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-2.jpg  

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-3.png  

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 25th July 2019 at 19:46.
mukeshgoel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 13:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

I was planning to change my tyres to Primacy 4ST and with the Amazon Independence Day Sale approaching, I checked for these on Amazon. Tyrewallas was the Amazon Prime Dealer for the size I was looking for. I contacted the seller using the Contact Seller option and asked for details of the tire. He confirmed and said that all tires would be 2019. Upon further enquiry he said the tires he had in stock were Jan 2019.

I felt Jan 2019 was more than 6 months old and hence dropped the option of buying on Amazon and went ahead and purchased tires in a physical store. I got the May 2019 Manufactured tires in the store.
vsrivatsa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 12:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

A friend bought a set of Yokohama Earth1 tyres (185/70 R14) for his Punto. The listed price was Rs 3600/tyre. The effective price worked out to Rs 2900/tyre (after the 10% instant discount on SBI card and 1500 Amazon Pay Balance cashback).

The placed the order with Online Tyre Trade seller and received 2019 August manufactured tyres.

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img20191002wa0023.jpg

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-img20191002wa0025.jpg
Klub Class is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 13:02   #42
BHPian

Bought a set of Yokohama Earth 1 (205/55 R16) tyres for my Elite i20.

Effective price after all the discounts and cashbacks came out to be Rs 4530 per tyre, whereas it was retailing in the local market for Rs 6500 - Rs 6800, checked with multiple shops.

Manufacturing date was 2919, got these installed for Rs 50 per tyre from a local tyre shop.

I'm happy with the purchase
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-20191013_111632.jpg  

Review: Buying Tyres on Amazon.in-20191013_114023.jpg  

daf23 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 15:44   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
As I was browsing on Amazon.in today I noticed that they are selling Michelin Primacy 4ST Tires and these are marked as Returnable for 10 days.
I picked up 205/60 R16 for 6.8K from the nearest official dealer. That includes new valves, fitting and nitrogen top up charges. Why spend more online when you can strike a good deal with authorized dealers.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4624740 (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

Last edited by Samfromindia : 15th October 2019 at 15:46.
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 17:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Effective price after all the discounts and cashbacks came out to be Rs 4530 per tyre
That's a great deal.

Please share the seller's name. It'll help others looking for reviews
Old 17th October 2019, 14:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
That's a great deal.

Please share the seller's name. It'll help others looking for reviews
The tyres were purchased from "Online Tyre Trade" and were shipped from "Surat"
daf23 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed