Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2020, 11:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online

I recently picked up a set of 4 165/70 r14 Continental CC5 tyres for my car from TyreMarket.com.

The order was placed on 13 Oct and I received the tyres on 17 Oct in Bangalore. The tyres seemed well packed and brand new. The best part was all the tyres were manufactured in '3620' - which probably means August or September 2020.

Coming to the cost I paid 2850 per tyre plus and additional 400 for shipping bring my overall cost to 11,800. I thought this price was fantastic considering a Continental tyre dealer here in Bangalore gave me the 'best price' of 3600 per tyre not including the WA and WB.

I would definitely recommend TyreMarket.com.

Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-20201017_164032.jpg
sai_ace is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 12:25   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post

Coming to the cost I paid 2850 per tyre plus and additional 400 for shipping bring my overall cost to 11,800. I thought this price was fantastic considering a Continental tyre dealer here in Bangalore gave me the 'best price' of 3600 per tyre not including the WA and WB.

I would definitely recommend TyreMarket.com.
Brilliant

Thanks for posting. Would also like to know how much you are charged for installation of tyre, wheel balancing and alignment and whether price difference is still there compared to local dealer.

I needed tyre for our family's old Innova and there was some nice savings on Tyremarket.com. However after considering buy back of old tyres, labour rates etc, there was hardly any difference. So opted for the local dealer itself. When bought from dealer, they were offering Rs. 250 per tyre as buyback. When sold as scrap outside, same tyres fetched 50 rupees.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 18:09   #33
BHPian

Thanks Shashi.

I haven't installed them yet - because I am going to be travelling now, and wont be in town for a month at least. It makes sense I install the tyres once I am back.

That said, since I plan to go to Madhus, I have their rates from this thread (Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore).

WA 300
Balancing - Roadforce 500 or regular at 160.
Weights and Tyre installation extra.

I dont see this going beyond 1200 which would total up to 13,000. This is still less than the price of the only tyres I was quoted.
sai_ace is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 09:52   #34
BHPian

I read up on Tyremarket reviews here and decided to get some tyres from there. The online transaction was smooth and their customer service is super responsive on email. They confirmed a manufacturing date of the 44th week of 2020 i.e. October 26 to November 1st, keep in mind that I ordered on the 8th of Nov so I have literally received tyres fresh from the factory.

It took a week for Fedex to get it here which is okay considering the Diwali weekend was in the middle of it and I got them yesterday.

I would definitely recommend tyremarket.com for the prices and customer service.

Also I just checked for superbike tyres - they have a few still in stock so maybe someone can check, I have a set kept in reserve already
tanayr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 21:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
Sharing my experience with Tyremarket.
I wanted to buy a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 for my 2018 Octavia vRS and I tried checking locally but the tyre in my required size was not available in any of the shops in Trivandrum. So a friend of mine suggested Tyremarket and I found the tyre I wanted was listed on their website. I ordered my tyres from their website on 27th June. While checkout I selected the nearby fitting location. And this is what they have mentioned in their webiste.

"Items that are picked up or fitted at one of our Fitment Partner locations
Can take anywhere between 4 to 48 hours before the items can be provisioned
"

So I was expecting to get my tyres in 2 days time. And in 2 days I got a call from them saying that the tyres have reached and I can contact this tyre shop in Trivandrum and i can go get it fitted from them. So next day I call this specific store and the owner of the shop tells me that the tyres are in transit only and he will call me once the tyre reaches. I did not get any update from the shop for a week and I contacted Tyremarket. And they told me that the tyre was not available and the owner of the shop had to order it from someone in Pune. So it is on the way and they will update me once the tyre comes. And afterwards there was a 21 day lockdown in Trivandrum. After the lockdown I called the shop expecting that my tyres might have reached by now. To my surprise the shop owner tells me that he couldn't get the tyres from Pune also, and he is trying to arrange them from someone else in Ahmedabad ! And tells me since it was lockdown he couldn't follow up on it. When I contacted tyremarket, they told me there was some mess up by the shop owner and he ordered Michelin Primacy 4 instead of Michelin Pilot Sport 4. So Tyremarket people is trying to arrange the tyres from some other dealer and will ship to my address directly !

So conclusion : Even after a month of ordering and spending around Rs 50,000 I haven't got my tyres yet ! I really don't understand how they work, initially I thought Tyremarket used to stock these tyres and then ship to their dealers. But first this shop owner says he is ordering the tyres from his contacts and later tyre market says they are speaking with other dealers in India and will try to arrange. I have no clue and still I am waiting to get my hands on my new rubber :(

Hope I get my tyres soon !
"Your best teacher is your last mistake"
Eventhough I had a pretty bad experience with tyremarket last time I ordered Michelin PS4 for my Octavia vRS, I was assured by the people at tyremarket that such an issue wont ever happen again. I wanted a set of Metzeler Karoo 3 for my Tiger 800, so I checked tyremarket and the price looked good, Believing their word I took the plunge and ordered one in tyremarket. The order was placed on 9th November. I selected door delivery and the message said "Get the items shipped to your location for a nominal shipping cost. Takes 6 to 10 days for delivery.". And I waited.
After waiting for one week and getting no update nor the website showing any positive update on my order status I sent them a mail asking for an update for my order. The same day I got a reply saying that their team is working on it and will provide an update soon. The next day on 17th I get a call saying that the item is not available and they will cancel my order and initiate a refund. I was really disappointed after all this waiting they cancelled my order. The next day on 18th November I got a call from a person from tyremarket saying that a dealer in Kolkata has the tyre and today itself they will ship the item to me and I will get it in 6 days. Finally some relief. And again I waited. Since I didn't get any tracking details from them I sent another mail asking for update on my order. On 24th November, the same person who told me my order will be shipped from Kolkata calls me and asks "sir, we received your mail but my records show that your order is cancelled'. I asked him you were the person who told my order was being shipped from Kolkata last week. That time he remembered and suddenly said "yes sir, your order has already been shipped from Kolkata". I asked him to share me the tracking details which he said he will share via Whatsapp in sometime. After sometime he calls me saying that few days back they had accidently refunded the amount to my bank account, so asked me to place an order again in the website and pay again. Upon checking my bank statement I found that I had received the amount few days back. Going to place my order again I smelled something fishy. I called him again and asked him to share the tracking details. He then shared me an invoice copy. And the invoice was dated on 23rd November. Which means the order was processed only a day before and not on 18th. I called him up and asked the same question and this time he said "Sir your order has not been shipped yet, it is packed and ready at the shop and will be sent to the courier office at the earliest". I was in no mood to create a scene and then asked him to cancel my order and I don't want the tyre now. And he happily agreed.

Observations/Things I learned from my experience
1. They don't stock the tyres, nor have an update on what item is in stock. They just list random tyres on the website and it might not even be in stock. When they called me first saying that the tyre is not in stock, I opened the website and selected another tyre which they had listed and asked them to send that instead, and he said "sir , that tyre is also not in stock". If the item is not in stock , why do they list it in the website and take our money ?

2. Lot of miscommunications and LIES ! I was told that my order was cancelled, then next day it was shipped, then after one week again it was cancelled, and the item that was shipped last week was never shipped ! I do not think they have a proper channel for keeping track of orders.

Im happy many people have had good experience with tyremarket. They are really lucky. Some of my friends who have had bad experience like me said never to order from tyremarket again. Two times I have faced so much confusion and miscommunication from them. Tyremarket seems to be a HIT or a BIG MISS. And I guess never I'm gonna order from them again.

"A happy customer tells a friend; an unhappy customer tells the world (through Team-BHP).

Last edited by Mr.Perera : 24th November 2020 at 22:02.
Mr.Perera is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 22:15   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent experience with Tyremarket.com. Highly recommended. Needed tyres for a recently procured beater M800 and Alto K10, owned by a cousin. So we ordered a set of 145/70R12 and 155/65R13. Since they allowed discount only for single purchase, we used two accounts for this.

Paid Rs. 16,000 for these 8 Ceat Tyres, which was epic value and significantly cheaper than what we were quoted in market/amazon. Order was placed on 27th October, and tyres reached my city on 2nd November. However due to Diwali holidays, FedEx couldn't deliver to my place. Had to go and pick them myself, but not complaining since even those courier chaps deserve to enjoy their holidays.

Tyres are as fresh as they can get, all of them are of 3721/3821 batch, which means they are of September 2021 make.

Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-20211105_181311.jpg

Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-20211105_181315.jpg

As long as they maintain quick service and deliver fresh tyres, I see no reason for them to lose clients in the longer run.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 18:39   #37
BHPian

I ordered 4 numbers of Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 2 175/70 R 14 tires from TyreMarket.com on 31/12/2021. Tires were delivered today after 7 days. Got each tire for Rs. 4155 including shipping charges which was a decent deal compared to the prices that local dealers were quoting for tires of the same size.
Their customer care was not able to confirm the manufacturing date of tires before ordering and they could only assure that the tires would be less than 2 years old. I tried my luck and ordered anyway. 3 tires received were just 2 months old and one was 4 months old. Look for deals on their website which offer 5-10% discount from time to time. I would definitely order from them again and recommend them to others.
Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-img_20220107_181047439.jpg
sac23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 20:43   #38
BHPian

Sharing my experience with Tyremarket.com for fellow TBHP'ians.

I ordered a set of 4 Ultramile UM 4X4 A/T Bull tyres with Outlined White Lettering (OWL) in 215/65 R16 spec through them on 6th January 2022. The tyres were listed at 8300/- INR per tyre, but they had some discount offer going on which gave me a 10% rebate on total cost of 4 tyres and free shipping as well (usually costs 100/- INR per tyre). Total bill came to 29200/- INR. Got the delivery at my hometown in Kerala by 16th January 2022. The tyres were manufactured sometime in August/September 2021. Tyremarket.com are online tyre aggregators I believe, based in Bengaluru, don't have their own stockyard (I could be wrong), since mine came from Mumbai where Ultramile manufactures/imports these tyres. I made a YouTube short (below) for a quick intro to these tyres.

The only trouble, if I can call it that, I faced was with respect to tracking. I had to call them twice to know where the product had reached, and to get a tracking number which they should ideally have provided me by default once the product was shipped off. Their courier partner is Delhivery, and I've had nightmares dealing with them on a previous occasion, but thankfully not this time. Everything else was smooth.

Enough of me talking, let the pics do the talking now. I personally loved the OWL and the tread pattern of these.

Check out the link below to see how these look on my Duster Turbo 1.3L

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5239153 (Renault Duster 1.3L Turbo Petrol : Official Review)
Attached Thumbnails
Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-img20220116164018.jpg  

Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-img_20220116_171412.jpg  

Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-img_20220116_171556.jpg  

Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online-img_20220116_172002.jpg  

Last edited by mav3r1ckblu3 : 22nd January 2022 at 21:03.
mav3r1ckblu3 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 21:45   #39
BHPian

Tyremarket is good maybe for some, but for me , it is Amazon !

I was looking for Michelin as I always do for all my cars, and have been using them for years together, very happily. For my brand new ride, I was suggested Continental UC6 as Michelin was not readily available in Kolkata by the most recognised dealer here and although I got info from dear fellow BHPians that Michelin is readily available in other parts of India, sadly it wasn't so in Kolkata.

The only two issue I felt regarding buying tyres online for the first time for me, was one, the manufacturing dates of the tyres and second, what about the current tyre replacement, which when exchanged, fetches good price. Now I can't have the cake and eat it too

One fellow BHPian and a close friend now, suggested to me, that I write to Tyremarket and ask about manufacturing dates of the tyres that I need.

After waiting for a week after asking them by email, I am yet to get a reply and then I decided to get the same set of 4 tyres from Amazon. Amazon prices were about 600 Rupees cheaper, each tyre. And the seller readily replied in a few minutes on Amazon when I asked about the manufacturing month and year, unbelievably at 11.30pm IST

So it is Amazon's gain and Tyremarket's loss ! I wouldn't ever go to Tyremarket.com and never ever would suggest them to anyone I know
ultimatechamp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 21:28   #40
BHPian

Update to the above post by me :

I cancelled Amazon too and finally settled for Continental UC6 from my old tire dealer in Kolkata. He gave me a very good deal for a relatively new set of 4 tires

Tyremarket finally did reply to my email, but by then I already got my new tires. This is the response I had from Tyremarket via email :

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your inquiry on Tyremarket.com

And sorry for the delayed response, our team tried to source the same tyre but it is not getting available.

Thanks & Regards,
Team Tyremarket.com
ultimatechamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 01:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

Tyremarket.com Excellent Service!!

Placed an online order for the UC6 In less than 24 hours the tyres have reached me ! Yes I did have to pay Rs-/ 100 as shipping but their service is blazing fast!
Got the latest June 2022 batch tyres Super happy with them.

Name:  UC 6.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  107.5 KB

Last edited by Captain Slow : 3rd July 2022 at 01:37.
Captain Slow is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 15:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Tyremarket.com once again terrific service!

Saturday morning Called to check if they had the tyres we wanted -
12:30 PM placed the order, 6.45PM they were delivered to us!
They were from the latest 2022 batch.

The local well established tyres shops were quoting RS-/ 1200-1500 more for each tyre. I did call 4-5 shops to check.
Buying 4 tires would mean paying close to RS-/ 5000- 6,000 Extra!!
Captain Slow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 17:40   #43
BHPian

Good service from tyremarket.com. Wanted to replace tyres for my i10 and found prices have gone up like crazy for all brands in the last 3-4 years. Tried amazon and for some reason, it allows only to add 3 tyres to the cart. Same with multiple sellers.

Checked on tyremarket.com and went for JK Tyres Neo Ultima. They were running a flash sale and called them to confirm the availability of tyres. Went ahead with payment on Friday evening. Got them by Monday morning and all 4 were Nov 22 manufactured (4622).

Got them fitted at a local shop (some bad experience there, will write a separate review).

Overall very satisfied with tyremarket.com. They have tie up with shops for fitting and next time I would try that.

<rant> 90% of the Tyre alignment centers in Bangalore don't have a standard rate card for alignment, balancing and fitting. In most cases, they fleece the customers with inflated rates, shoddy service (no reports post alignment, etc.). Compare this with Kerala, where they have unified rate cards displayed across all shops. <rant ends>
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 19:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to change the tyres on my FZ16 motorcycle and wanted Pirelli. Tyremarket had it on the site but did not have the buy option. Instead there was a get quote/ estimate button. I gave in the details and it is now couple of months since I sent this, but never heard them back. Instead I got a better suggestion and price on Apollo Trampler tyres from Tyre Empire on South End road in Jayanagar.
I may never use this site in future given what I have been through.
Old 24th March 2023, 08:18   #45
BHPian

I placed an order for a set of Vredestein tyres from Tyremarket a couple of days ago. The order confirmation message didn’t include the fitting centre address and I shot an email requesting to share the details. It has been two days and I haven’t received a response yet. There is no order tracking option either. Hope things doesn’t get messed up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks