Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 09:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Michelin India tyre supply disruption | Tyre imports restricted by Govt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Try Madhus. I fitted 235/55 R17 tyres on my car this afternoon
Thanks Ajmat. Raises my hope . I checked on gmaps, you are referring to Madhus near wilson garden?
Old 20th December 2021, 15:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Try Madhus. I fitted 235/55 R17 tyres on my car this afternoon
Spoke with Madhu but seems like situation is the same . Contis is the only option for the stock tyre size.
Old 30th January 2022, 15:37   #63
BHPian

Hi
I'm on the hunt for Michelins 225-65R-17 for my CR-V too and despite waiting for months the Mumbai based dealers are not showing any optimism that it would be made available.

Has anybody used Bridgestone EP850 personally? I've been told that it's silicon based and hence provides quiet performance with breaking and fuel efficiency... (As quoted by Premji, Mumbai).

Not sure if I want to wait for Michelins longer if dealer themselves are not postive...
pineapple_ameet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 06:05   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
Hi
I'm on the hunt for Michelins 225-65R-17 for my CR-V too and despite waiting for months the Mumbai based dealers are not showing any optimism that it would be made available.

Has anybody used Bridgestone EP850 personally? I've been told that it's silicon based and hence provides quiet performance with breaking and fuel efficiency... (As quoted by Premji, Mumbai).

Not sure if I want to wait for Michelins longer if dealer themselves are not postive...
EP850 is the Ecopia series from Bridgestone. While these tyres are mainly focused on providing a better FE, I'd say don't go for these tyres. Their wet grip isn't great either. Instead, look for Continentals(Cross contacts, comfort contact's), Yokohamas(Earth one, bluearth's) or better yet, something from the Bridgestone stable itself(Dueler HT's). If you really want Michelins, try contacting Saifee tyres at Santacruz East.
KK2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 17:16   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK2001 View Post
try contacting Saifee tyres at Santacruz East.
None have it as we speak, including saifee...
Old 31st January 2022, 18:59   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I had waited for months for Michelins to replace my aging XMs (Etios Sedan). In the end, I ended up with Continental UC6. Absolutely happy with my decision so far. Better grip and faster tyre when compared to XM2.
ambandla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 19:34   #67
BHPian

As I have iterated in the Michelin PS4 posts - Try N Mehta tyres, Pune.

He generally has good stock of Michelin Tyres. Try 93710 02552
MartinVirage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 20:15   #68
BHPian

Quote:
None have it as we speak, including saifee...
Try Ranjit tyres in Guntur. They usually have a very good stock of Michelin tyres.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st February 2022 at 22:37. Reason: broken quote tag
Old 1st February 2022, 22:31   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post
As I have iterated in the Michelin PS4 posts - Try N Mehta tyres, Pune
He doesn't have it either, but thanks for referring. He has Yokos G93B of May 21 lot.

What should I do, go for it?
Old 2nd February 2022, 05:08   #70
BHPian

Quote:
He doesn't have it either, but thanks for referring. He has Yokos G93B of May 21 lot.

What should I do, go for it?
Go for it. The geolandars won't disappoint you. I'm running on Yokohama geolandar G015 on my fortuner and I'm really impressed with these tyres.
Btw Which year is your CRV?
Old 2nd February 2022, 06:20   #71
BHPian

The pics of the Yoko geolandar G015's doing duty on my fortuner. Leech like grip levels and road noise is minimum.
Attached Thumbnails
Michelin India tyre supply disruption | Tyre imports restricted by Govt-screenshot_20220202004927.jpg  

Michelin India tyre supply disruption | Tyre imports restricted by Govt-screenshot_20220202004931.jpg  

Old 27th April 2022, 12:22   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Michelin first brand to get BEE India star rating for tubeless tyre.

Michelin has become the first tyre brand in the country to be accredited with the recently introduced star labelling program of government of India, which is aimed at improving sustainability and newly introduced performance standards for tyres.

Quote:
The Michelin X Multi Energy Z tyre has been awarded a 4-Star rating by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). The tubeless truck and bus tyre 295/80R22.5 X Multi Energy Z is manufactured and designed by Michelin in India and is claimed to provide robust fuel savings, longevity with multiple re-treads and safety on domestic terrain. This efficient 4-star rated tyre claims up to 8 percent more fuel saving.

The new regulations will demand that all tyres sold in India meet crucial performance and safety standards such as rolling resistance, wet grip, and rolling sound emission. Domestic and foreign tyre makers and importers for automobiles, buses, and heavy vehicles will be required to follow the proposed mandatory standards starting 2023.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 12:37   #73

Talked yesterday with Michelin dealer (major player) here in Bareilly for my Dzire running 62K Bridgestone Ecopia (185/65 R15). He said Michelin stocks are not readily available till date and they have to book orders with the company first then wait for supplies to come in 10 days. He tried in vain to sell me Continental. I can wait, so booked Michelin XM2+. He also said no one was buying Michelin being on the expensive side before DGFT issue but now everybody is asking for Bibendum!
Old 8th June 2022, 13:52   #74

Yesterday confirmed the stock of 4 units of Michelin XM2+ for my Dzire (185/65 R15) at S. S. Wheels, Bareilly on phone. When I reached i found the stock was more than 2 years old . Was considering Yokohama BlueEarth-GT AE51 but did not want to deal with this dealer. Went to United Tyre Enterprises and the owner recommended Continental UC6, as I know the owner already I go forward with it.

First impressions:
Didn't like the bold and non-sporty typography of the brand but ride became more quiet and less bumpy (maybe due to old ecopia vs new conti).

Regarding price: 6000 per tyre plus 800 alignment and balancing less 600 for old tyres = 24200

I was quoted 80K kms life of this set of tyres. Is that right?
century is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 20:01   #75
BHPian

Does anyone know or has managed to get their hands on new Michelins of 15 inch size. I am trying for the last 3 months to get 195/60 R15 Primacy 3ST but none of the dealers in Mumbai including Premji have any stock. Any advice for alternate is appreciated as I haven’t used non michelins for over 1.5 decades now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks