BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 13 10.40%
Michelin Primacy SUV 32 25.60%
Pirelli Scorpion ATR 7 5.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 21:10   #31
BHPian

Re: SUV tyres for Indian Roads - Poll

After all your advices, recommendations and my understanding, I will NOT go with A/T tyres as more than 90% of my driving will be on-road including the ghat sections/hill stations. Even that 10% will only be mild offroading (or) mud roads/gravel roads (Harrier CANNOT do proper offroading).
Even though I intend to Leh/Ladakh, I think HT tyres are more than enough - as I can see Innova's, sedans, hatches, Xylos, and other cars are able to manage there.

So it is HT tyres for me. I am now resetting the poll with only H/T tyres. Please advice and recommend. Please add if there is anything I missed.

1. Apollo HP
2. Apollo HT
3. Apollo HT 2
4. Dueler D684
5. Yoko Geolander SUV
6. Yoko Bluearth RV-02
7. P Scorpion Verde
8. P Scorpion Verde All-season
9. P Scorpion Verde All-season plus
10. Michelin Primacy SUV
11. Michelin Latitude Sport 3
12. ContiCrossContact LX2
13. ContiCrossContact LXSport

PS - I am not looking for the most expensive tyre on this list. Quality and Driving Experience are my top priorities.

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 20th December 2021 at 21:11.
Old 20th December 2021, 21:38   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I have no problem with Apollo, JK etc however in this particular list I have taken both LX2 & D684 off road. D684 will be the most durable (it has a stone guard just like the 689) while LX2 has good dry grip, D684 also has better steering response on the road while LX2 is more comfortable.

Overall value proposition of Continental makes it good for crossovers.

Whatever Apollo apterra that comes standard on XUV will work here as well for around ~40K kms, if your usage is not high this works too but the price difference may not be all that high.
Old 21st December 2021, 11:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
1. Why you don't want Bridgestone again?
2. Why not ContiCross?
3. Yoko Advans are sports tyres, right? How will it fit XUV500?
1. Bridgestones didnt exactly age well. They were always high on road noise even when new and they hardened a lot last couple of years. I have done 43K in last 6 yrs and they are hard and cracking. Tread wear would allow another 15K technically
2. Conti CCLX2 is my plan now since everyone claims them to be closest to Michelin Primacy SUV due to HT nature, they are soft and quiet. I dont mind if they wear off at 50K as long as comfort is better. My running is not very high
3. Advans are SUV tyres but more premium
Old 14th January 2022, 19:33   #34
BHPian

I was checking out the geolandar for a Jeep Compass limited 4x4, but the available tire sizes looks to be too large as per Yokohamas Indian website. 225/60/17 for my stock tires vs. 235/65/17 offered by yokohama (+5% which is too large). Is the website outdated or is this a limitation for them?
Old 16th January 2022, 17:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
After all your advices, recommendations and my understanding, I will NOT go with A/T tyres as more than 90% of my driving will be on-road including the ghat sections/hill stations. Even that 10% will only be mild offroading (or) mud roads/gravel roads (Harrier CANNOT do proper offroading).
Even though I intend to Leh/Ladakh, I think HT tyres are more than enough - as I can see Innova's, sedans, hatches, Xylos, and other cars are able to manage there.
Hi, I would love to know if you finally decided on the replacement tires for your Harrier ? Mine have completed over 70K on the OEM Goodyears which did not cause me any problem at all. Looking at your poll the Conti CrossContact LX2 seems to have garnered the lowest number of votes. Should I still consider them given that they are the most expensive amongst Goodyear, Yoko, Bridgestone and Continental ?
madhukriss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 11:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukriss View Post
Hi, I would love to know if you finally decided on the replacement tires for your Harrier ? Mine have completed over 70K on the OEM Goodyears which did not cause me any problem at all. Looking at your poll the Conti CrossContact LX2 seems to have garnered the lowest number of votes. Should I still consider them given that they are the most expensive amongst Goodyear, Yoko, Bridgestone and Continental ?
I am yet to replace the tyres.
Well from the list, I recommend you go with Apollo or Conti.
Conti if budget is not a constraint. Apollo is a lot cheaper than Conti while the difference in quality is not significant.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 18:42   #37
BHPian

Hello All, I have a Bolero (Sept 2016 purchased) which came with set of Bridgestone dueler HT 689 tyres. Last week during city drive ,the vehicle started to kind of jump. Slowly sidelined the car and upon inspection, it appeared the rear tyre got bulged. Fortunately it happened during low speed.

Replaced the bulged one with Stepney tyre and continued our journey. Our trusted puncture shop guy told to replace all 4 tyres even if they have enough tread on it because the tyres have aged (5 n 1/2 years old to be exact)

Further details:
Odo stands around 51,000 kms
Always maintained tyre pressure of 32 psi

Also is this normal to happen at this age/kms run ?
Please let me know if I need to change all tyres. Suggestions for new tyres are welcome (HT or AT).

SUV tyres for Indian Roads - Poll-img20220321wa0006.jpg
[ATTACH=IMG20220321WA0007.jpg]SUV tyres for Indian Roads - Poll-img_20220318_120804859_hdr.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
SUV tyres for Indian Roads - Poll-img20220321wa0007.jpg  

Shan_Kmu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 19:45   #38
BHPian

@Livnletcarsliv did you finally change the tyres? If yes, which one did you go for? Asking as even I am exploring options, mine is Harrier XZ [BS4 2019 model]. Thanks.
sumalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 08:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan_Kmu View Post
Hello All, I have a Bolero (Sept 2016 purchased) which came with set of Bridgestone dueler HT 689 tyres.

Also is this normal to happen at this age/kms run ?
Please let me know if I need to change all tyres. Suggestions for new tyres are welcome (HT or AT).
Your spare looks like it has aged and become hard. Do seriously consider changing all the tyres. 5.5 years is a good life. Tyres start to age and harden after 4 years or so.

Last edited by sridhar-v : 27th March 2022 at 08:00. Reason: grammar
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 09:31   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumalkar View Post
@Livnletcarsliv did you finally change the tyres? If yes, which one did you go for? Asking as even I am exploring options, mine is Harrier XZ [BS4 2019 model]. Thanks.
Not yet.
But go for Apterra or Conti - both H/T models
Old 28th March 2022, 13:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am now looking to replace the existing tyres on my SUV (Harrier) with new ones since they are almost at the end of their lifespan.

I am now confused between the following options.
On a scale of 10 how do you rate all these below and what are their strengths and weaknesses.

1. Bridgestone Dueler D684
2. Yokohama Geolander A/T G015
3. Continental ContiCrossContact LX2
4. BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2
5. Michelin Primacy SUV
6. Pirelli Scorpion ATR
Which tyres did your Harrier come with? My harrier has Apollo Apterra and I find the tyres to be good enough, any reason for not considering them?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 16:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Which tyres did your Harrier come with? My harrier has Apollo Apterra and I find the tyres to be good enough, any reason for not considering them?
Yours is BS6 that comes with Apterra. Mine is BS4 that came with Goodyear Wrangler. Goodyear just solves the purpose to put the car on the road. Not much fun to drive, and nor does it excel on any front (braking, handling, noise reduction).
Apterra is better than Goodyear. Conti >> Apterra >> Goodyear
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 15:43   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is BS4 that came with Goodyear Wrangler. Not much fun to drive, and nor does it excel on any front (braking, handling, noise reduction).
Hi,
Which tyres did you finally choose?

I too am in the same boat. 57k driven Goodyear wrangler Triplemax which came with my June 2019 Harrier XZ.

I have minimal tread depth left and for the first time experienced the ABS kicking in on a patch which had wet gravel. So, intend to change to a more comfortable rubber( as most probably these will be my last change before I sell off the vehicle at 100k kms)

Two of the fellow Harrier owners I know have changed to 1) Conti xC LX2 and 2) Yoko G015

The Conti guy is the happier one with a plusher ride.

Regards

Last edited by HsekarK : 25th July 2022 at 16:07.
Old 25th July 2022, 16:23   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsekarK View Post
Hi,

I too am in the same boat. 57k driven Goodyear wrangler Triplemax which came with my June 2019 Harrier XZ.

Two of the fellow Harrier owners I know have changed to 1) Conti xC LX5 and 2) Yoko G015
I haven't changed mine yet. Will be doing it shortly in 2-3 months.
Please check the model you have mentioned for Conti. I guess xC LX5 is the wrong model name.

Regarding the GO15, it's an A/T tyre. As I mentioned earlier Harrier doesn't need an A/T since its a 2WD vehicle. Of course, unless you use the car regularly in bad/no-road conditions.

If you are comparing Conti CC LX2 and Geo A/T 015, Conti is the one to go for in the case of Harrier.
Old 1st August 2022, 15:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsekarK View Post
Hi,

I have minimal tread depth left and for the first time experienced the ABS kicking in on a patch which had wet gravel. So, intend to change to a more comfortable rubber( as most probably these will be my last change before I sell off the vehicle at 100k kms)

Two of the fellow Harrier owners I know have changed to 1) Conti xC LX2 and 2) Yoko G015

The Conti guy is the happier one with a plusher ride.

Regards
Unless you need A/T tires, just go for Conti CCLX2 blindly over all other options (except Michelin). They are relatively most vfm HT tire option with good balance of ride, comfort and low noise for SUVs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks