BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 13 10.40%
Michelin Primacy SUV 32 25.60%
Pirelli Scorpion ATR 7 5.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 19:39   #1
BHPian

SUV tyres for Indian Roads - Poll

I am now looking to replace the existing tyres on my SUV (Harrier) with new ones since they are almost at the end of their lifespan.

I am now confused between the following options.
On a scale of 10 how do you rate all these below and what are their strengths and weaknesses.

1. Bridgestone Dueler D684
2. Yokohama Geolander A/T G015
3. Continental ContiCrossContact LX2
4. BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2
5. Michelin Primacy SUV
6. Pirelli Scorpion ATR

Last edited by Aditya : 13th December 2021 at 05:02. Reason: Grammar
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 19:55   #2
BHPian

re: SUV tyres for Indian Roads - Poll

You should include Michelin LTX force too. I find them better among the ones I have so far used ( Bridgestone Dueler, Michelin Primacy) while not comparing with BF Goodrich KO2.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th December 2021 at 09:06. Reason: Typo.
cs_rajesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 20:08   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

BFG All Terrain K/O is without doubt the best SUV tire, provided it is available. Yoko Geolander is a well deserved second. Speaking with experience with both.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 20:19   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Bridgestone Dueler D684 would be my choice. Have been using this brand since 12 years and must say it's the best with no doubt even for Indian conditions.

Though some say Michelin is much better, I would still reserve my opinion as I do not have any first hand experience of long term usage of this brand for SUV's.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 20:59   #5
BHPian

If you have a 4WD or AWD SUV, and you do reasonable amounts of trail bashing, take a hard look at the Continental CrossContact AT.
sridhar-v is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 21:47   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

You can narrow this down to Dueler , Geolandar and Continental LX2.

Get the cheapest one among this three - simple.
Kosfactor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 22:07   #7
anb
BHPian

I am using Michelin LTX Force AT tyres in Fortuner. These tyres give more comfort and have less noise than Bridgestone Dueler HT tyres which were the previous set.

Last edited by anb : 9th December 2021 at 22:09.
anb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 22:15   #8
BHPian

Voted for D684 which I use( 215 R16) for my terrano.

Excellent grip and hard construction. Also like the tread.(but prone to small stones getting wedged)

But If you are looking for low noise tyre this is not the one.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 22:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

I have Michelin PrimacySUV in my XUV500 and Yokohama Geolandar G015 AT in my Duster. The Michelin is lot more silent than G015.

However, I won't compare these two actually as the G015 is an A/T tyre, though (I think) it is biased towards highway use as it has four grooves to drain water. There's not much difference in highway grip when compared to PrimacySUV but the noise is substantial. Overall, Primacy is better as my XUV has mediocre brakes while the Duster is a well-planted vehicle.

PrimacySUV is not an A/T tyre. It is an excellent highway runner. As said by many, you should include and compare the LTX and not PrimacySUV with G015, IMHO. Else you should include GeoLandar G055 also.

Is BFG available, I thought both BFG and Falken / Hankook are not available due to the recent govt policies ?

I voted for the G015 since you are apparently looking for an A/T tyre.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 9th December 2021 at 22:52.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 09:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Do you need the AT tyre based on your runs. If not check for non AT tyres.

If AT do have a look at the Apollo Apterra. It is getting good reviews and I changed in my Endeavour and it is definitely running quiet and handling everything thrown at it so far well. It is cheaper by 10 to 14k compared to Geolander and I may be spending 10k more on longer run compared to Geo but I get newer tyres in the same time frame on overall cost front.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 12:22   #11
BHPian

Can experts here also share the prices of the different tyre brands being discussed here? Thanks.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 13:33   #12
BHPian

I'm also in a similar situation as you are. I have recently bought a Hyundai Tucson CRDi the SUV is excellent but the tyres which Hyundai gave as OE fitment is cheap Korean made Nexen tyres the problems of which are already very well highlighted in a well compiled and documented manner somewhere else in the forum which is why I'm considering to replace these tyres to something better.

As for your question I shall suggest you to go for the Bridgestone Duelers. They might not be as silent as say Michelins and neither do they have phenomenal wet grip but they are extremely durable for SUVs and at the same time are relatively silent and have reasonable grip levels. The Michelins even though excellent use soft compound which might cause it to develop cracks when put through some abuse, I was reading the thread of a fellow BHPian where he mentioned about the tyre cut in his Volkswagen Jetta also many such threads are beautifully archived in the forum.

Lastly Bridgestone Duelers are among the better tyres. My friend who has a Hyundai Creta got these as OEM and is very satisfied with the same. Thank you!
Tony2298 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 13:54   #13

My experience with Michelin LTX Force AT on my Scorpio has been excellent. Not only did the ride improve, that set has now lasted me almost 55k kms and still counting. I think they are a strong contender for your harrier. Espically if you drive over rough roads/portholes a lot.
Good luck with your search.
harditthind is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 14:18   #14
BHPian

Voted: Bridgestone for the reasons already described by our fellow BHPians, therefore no value addition in repeating them. Used them on my Fortuner and was very happy.

May I suggest an additional Wildcard entry? Apollo Tyres. From my experience (not technically speaking) I have found the compound of Apollo tires to be quite firm and therefore they are able to take a beating day in and out. I have had quite a few punctures over the years and yet the tyres haven't complained in any way. They are also cheaper than some of the more expensive brands.

Additionally, my daily commute of around 50-60 Kms in Mumbai has also been quite pleasant with these tyres. Out of all the other tyres that I have owned these ones have been the least prone to bruising, cuts etc. Being a government officer, I also have to travel to many construction sites where road conditions are possibly worst than off-road and the Apollos have been my choice. Would suggest you to give them some consideration too
AKSarkar1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 01:30   #15
BHPian

No experience with BFG. So Geolanders FTW. Geolanders and earth 1s are absolute favourites. Hence only these 2 tyres on all my/within-family cars.
abtyagi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks