Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 22:57   #106
BHPian

clean your car dude... i hate to see cars in such condition, it looks like you've come back from the dakar rally
Old 1st August 2007, 11:30   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
clean your car dude... i hate to see cars in such condition, it looks like you've come back from the dakar rally
Thats the whole point ... some cars are designed to stay clean and some are designed to stay dirty --- mines designed to stay dirty !! Every morning and evening I hit the dirt stretches around my farm so this is what happens ....
Old 2nd August 2007, 16:47   #108
BHPian

I have a Swift VXI ABS and plan on getting alloys for her, however i am quite confused like every other noob.The stock size is 14" and every body here is upgrading to 15,16,17- any specific reason apart from the looks??? I understand that bigger and thicker tyres will result in to better handling but bigger alloy size????
Old 2nd August 2007, 18:07   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Thats the whole point ... some cars are designed to stay clean and some are designed to stay dirty --- mines designed to stay dirty !! Every morning and evening I hit the dirt stretches around my farm so this is what happens ....
how about putting some wrc rims/tyres in that case. you could mod your car to look like a jwrc swift heheh...
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:23   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvrajit View Post
I have a Swift VXI ABS and plan on getting alloys for her, however i am quite confused like every other noob.The stock size is 14" and every body here is upgrading to 15,16,17- any specific reason apart from the looks??? I understand that bigger and thicker tyres will result in to better handling but bigger alloy size????
Suvrajit, it is not bigger or thicker tyres, it is the aspect ratio (profile) which decides the handling / cornering etc etc

You increase your Alloys size to put in Lower profile tyres which in effect doesnt affect the wheel external circumference...
Lower profile tyres might give harsher ride on bad roads but its dream when you drive on smooth roads, and dream when you do high speed cornering...

Coming to your Swift, Read Jaggu's thread on Swift Vdi, and see what tyre and Alloys he put...Just copy it in your car and enjoy your ride.

Abhi
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:47   #111
BHPian

16" would definitely be a harsh ride. I was surprised with the change moving to a 15" itself. I have a 195/60/15. If you want durability/longevity/noiseless, look at the Michelin Xm and the Pilot series. I am running on the Pilot Primacy (axisymmetric tread). This XM series, Michelin claims has an additive in its compound which results in better FE. But then again, it could just be a gimmick.
Old 3rd August 2007, 09:40   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
16" This XM series, Michelin claims has an additive in its compound which results in better FE. But then again, it could just be a gimmick.
Some of the world class companies have upgraded their compounding by adding SILICA to their tyres along with conventional carbon filler. YOKOHAMA, MICHELIN are some of the pioneers in this technology. SILICA is very difficult to mix with rubber and carbon that is why very few companies are able to manufacture SILICA based compounds.
SILICA helps in reducing rolling resistance thus improving FE and it has got better wet and dry traction as compared to conventional compounding. SILICA based compound is cooler running compound as compared to conventional copounding, resulting in better performance.
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:28   #113
BANNED

Some more pics .. with a cleaner looking car ( it rained heavily thuis the natural car wash ) ..

Cheers
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:21   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Some more pics .. with a cleaner looking car
yeah right!!! if this is clean, i guess my car is sent to the dry-cleaners every morning

cheers

edit: a very in-yer-face design and finish for the rims. you either love these or simply hate them.

i love it

Last edited by rev_hard : 3rd August 2007 at 14:36.
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:35   #115
Senior - BHPian

Abe Yaar..!! Yeh tyre kaunse hai....? Cant make out in pics !!!!!!!!
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:38   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Farmer's ride doing it in the dirt. hehehehe couldn't resist
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:55   #117
Senior - BHPian

the white alloys are looking great! "sporty" hai how about a better pic of the engine bay?
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:19   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hey nice rims khaadu...this is the first time am seeing a swift with white rims and it looks good.!
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:55   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
The TURANZA's ... I think thats what they are

Quote:
Hey nice rims khaadu...this is the first time am seeing a swift with white rims and it looks good.!
Ive been wanting white ones for a long long time and finally splurged on them .. infact if I had waited a day longer I wudn't have bought them as the jeep got stolen the night I got these put on

Quote:
yeah right!!! if this is clean, i guess my car is sent to the dry-cleaners every morning
U serious about a car being any cleaner than this .... damn , I thought its looking the cleanest that it can be

Cheers

Last edited by Rtech : 3rd August 2007 at 15:58. Reason: :p
Old 12th November 2007, 19:21   #120
Senior - BHPian

Whats the availability of 195/55/r16 tyres like? Its an uncommon upsize so Im guessing hard to find... will need to check with TBhp's North/South Tyre wallahs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks