Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2007, 22:06   #31
BHPian

Thinking about joining the palio sport club

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
i hope i have been of some help!!
Definitely.. You have been of great help to me.. Thanks a ton..

I have decided to get myself a Palio 1.6 sport and I didnt actually like the look of the factory fitted stock alloys that come with the package. So i dropped down at one of the car accessories shop at Pongumoodu to enquire about the options available. My idea was to trade the original alloy wheels for custom ones with lesser number of spokes.. But the response of the salesman put me into a bit of apprehension, since rather than going about in a solid manner he started kind of speculating.. But i never thought it would be this big a headache if i opted to go with the switch, until i landed on this thread .. Now your post has helped me to make up my mind.. ie to go along with what the company offers, cuz i care for my sweet little 2 months old daughter..

PS: this one post of yours pulled me into joining this team. Thanks again..
Old 14th September 2007, 06:44   #32
BHPian

welcome to tbhp..hope u find much more than just this thread...

In
Old 27th October 2007, 03:36   #33

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hi guys,well this may be good news for a lot of palio owners wanting to buy alloys.was with a friend the other day,he just came from uk and drives a bravo(i think...dont remember) and we were discussing about the palio 98pcd problem/apparently,its just not india,even in the uk palio/punto/bravo ec owners face this problem as a lot of alloy manufacturers dont make 98 pcd wheels.you only find more designs in 100pcd.so palio owners can rejoics as we aren't the only ones.
in the uk,they use 100pcd rims(so does my friend),without any problems.he asked me to buy "wobbly bolts".these are slightly tapered,off centered and get screwed in at a slight angle.thus,100 pcd rims fit in the 98pcd hub properly.these can be bought off ebay or Alloy Wheels - Supplier of Alloy Wheel and Tyre packages Delivered to the UK.he also mentioned that more details can be found on the fiatforums(uk).he also mentioned using spigot centering rings
i really dont know if these are available in india but atleast its a step in the right direction.
to search for these bolts,either search for wobbly bolts or various pcd bolts.

Last edited by hellspawn : 27th October 2007 at 03:38. Reason: adding more info.
Old 12th July 2009, 12:40   #34
BHPian

Any solutions for this issue yet? I want to put aftermarket alloys for my car. How reliable is this 100pcd to 98pcd conversion? They use some adapter hub. I read online about the wobbly conversion bolts too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks