Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2016, 17:30   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to tell the Manufacturing Date of a Tyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Goodyear Wrangler RT/S - Bought a week back or so on Paytm.
And fitted on my Gypsy.
One tyre shows week 17-2016 and the remaining 4 tyres show week 47-2016.

This info is clearly visible on the sidewall of the tyre which faces outwards.
Then there has to be some other code used in the Assurance series by Goodyear. The SA who accompanied me was not even aware that tyre dates can be checked. I showed him the Apollo's fit on nearby grand i10 and helped his knowledge a bit, but as with the Goodyear Assurance, I hit a dead end.

I remember opening the boot and checking the spare and I now clearly recollect that the spare was fit upside down i.e. the inner walls were visible, but even on the inner walls, I failed to find the required information.

There has to be some code there, as I think it is mandatory to mention it on the tyres. Just cannot figure it out right now.
Old 30th December 2016, 23:26   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Just cannot figure it out right now.
Fortunately my colleague brought his 2015 Elite i20 Asta to work today where I could check if there was any manufacturing date stamped on the tyre. It was there indeed.

Name:  ForumRunner_20161230_232503.png
Views: 5946
Size:  715.9 KB

Attaching the image of the tyre with the MFD stamped 3615 which is 36th week of 2015.

Last edited by theMAG : 17th September 2018 at 01:56. Reason: Typo fixed. "bought"="brought"
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 22:14   #63
BHPian

Didn't want to start a separate thread, so I'll ask it here as it's related.

Recently replaced the tires on my 2016 Creta, with the same Bridgestone Dueler ( this is the second time I'm changing ). I checked the mfg dates etc before approving their fitting to the car. When I came back in a few hours the way the tires were fitted, the MFG date on 2 tyres were visible on the outside but for 2 other tires they were fitted such that the mfg date was on the inside. While I got it somehow verified, it still worries me if it was fit wrong.

All the tires I have replaced have always had the mfg date on the outside when fitted. The SA said that they fit it such that the orange dot on the tire sidewall has to be on the outside, irrespective of the where the mfg date is printed. He showed me multiple other cars where it was the same as mine : 2 tyres had their mfg date visible while 2 had it on the inside. Has something changed / is this something I need to probe further?
airguitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 08:36   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Didn't want to start a separate thread, so I'll ask it here as it's related.

Recently replaced the tires on my 2016 Creta, with the same Bridgestone Dueler ( this is the second time I'm changing ). I checked the mfg dates etc before approving their fitting to the car. When I came back in a few hours the way the tires were fitted, the MFG date on 2 tyres were visible on the outside but for 2 other tires they were fitted such that the mfg date was on the inside. While I got it somehow verified, it still worries me if it was fit wrong.

All the tires I have replaced have always had the mfg date on the outside when fitted. The SA said that they fit it such that the orange dot on the tire sidewall has to be on the outside, irrespective of the where the mfg date is printed. He showed me multiple other cars where it was the same as mine : 2 tyres had their mfg date visible while 2 had it on the inside. Has something changed / is this something I need to probe further?
Does the tyre have 'INSIDE' and 'OUTSIDE' written on the sidewall? That indicates which sidewall should face which side. If you can see the word INSIDE on the sidewall then you know that the tyre is fit reverse
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks