Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2013, 21:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Crack on the sidewall of Tyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybird View Post
Look for Michelin dealer in June tomorrow first thing in the morning
Here are some dealers for Michelin in Pune.

1. Lokmanya Tyres
Karve road near Garware college, Deccan
Phone: +91-9822044377

2. N. Mehta tyres
Tilak road, swargate
Phone: +91-9372051199

3. Darshan Tyres
Many branches across Pune city
Phone: +91-9881444440

Call them to check availability of tyres.
And after you change to new tyres, drive at moderate steady speeds in initial 600-800 Kms. Try to avoid sudden acceleration or braking.
Old 22nd December 2013, 13:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

Here are some dealers for Michelin in Pune.
================
Call them to check availability of tyres.
And after you change to new tyres, drive at moderate steady speeds in initial 600-800 Kms. Try to avoid sudden acceleration or braking.
Thank you all. Reached Pune safely and got the tyres replaced with Michelin Latitude Cross which is also an AT tyre as Michelin LTX AT are not manufactured anymore.
The dealer in Pune informed me that now almost all Michelin stock comes from Thailand. All tyres were checked and found to be manufactured in 2013. Michelin international warranty for same was also handed to me with the bill.
As I have friends here in Pune who knew the tyre dealer, wheel alignment was also done and off course balancing for free.
He advised me to get the alignment checked every 5000 kms and maintain tyre pressure around 33psi. Mitsubishi on the other hand advises around 30psi.
Inner inspection of the replaced tyres was normal and I think that is the reason why I was able to complete the journey from Chandigarh till Pune. Now I can drive in peace to Goa.

Thank you again everyone for all the support

Last edited by khan_sultan : 21st April 2018 at 07:50. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 6th September 2016, 11:17   #33
BHPian

Dear All,
My 4 year old innova got a side wall crack in one of its tyres. They are all stock tyres and run only 25K kilometres. I remember hitting a pot hole at about 40 km/hr speed, a couple of days back.
Sharing some images of the crack. How should I go about it?
If your answer is to replace the tyres, is it necessary to change all the tyres? (because they are all 4 years old).

All are good year tyres. Heard that michellin tyres are better. Any specific models?
Thanks in advance,
bbhavan.
Attached Thumbnails
Crack on the sidewall of Tyre-20160904_153648.jpg  

Crack on the sidewall of Tyre-20160904_153704.jpg  

Old 6th September 2016, 11:22   #34
BHPian

Hi
The crack seems to be quite wide, vertical and looks like a cut made by a sharp object. From the looks of it, definitely it cannot be repaired.

If it's tubeless tyre how do they hold the air and pressure ? Better replace since if it opens inside then it's unusable even with a tube for s short ride to some repair shop.
Experts anyways advise replacement and no other option for side wall cut.

Since the rubber is 4 years old, replacement is due anyways. Considering cost factor you may replace 2 tyres and put them on the front and the older ones on the rear. Else if you have vitamin M then replace all 4.
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 14:32   #35
BHPian

Please change the tyre. It's only a matter of time the crack with get deeper n touch inner tyre limit. That time the air will come out.

New tyres sidewall damage everyone tries to repair n use as tyre tread is full but thing to remember is safety. Sidewall takes lot of grilling when we drive a vehicle during turning n cornering. If you plan to continue driving please do not drive on high speeds...try to stay away from potholes and speed breakers and always carry spare tyre and tools. Staying within city limits might also help.

Remaining 3 tyres need not be changed. But this is my opinion. Different manufacturers have different products. I prefer all terrain Michelin. Again it's my own opinion
Old 20th April 2018, 07:08   #36

Hey guys,

My tyres are 4 years old and the cracks are happening on the top edge buttons of the tyre. The sidewall appears to be healthy.

I am going on a long road trip next week which includes all hilly areas. Should I change the tyres before I proceed for the trip?
Attached Thumbnails
Crack on the sidewall of Tyre-img_20180420_0653255.jpg  

Old 20th April 2018, 10:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhan.g View Post
My tyres are 4 years old and the cracks are happening on the top edge buttons of the tyre. The sidewall appears to be healthy.
These appear to be surface level cracks on shoulder, mostly due to age, nothing alarming to me that needs tyre replacement.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks