Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2014, 21:42   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Dzire : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
A friend of mine is due to change his tyres of his dzire vdi from 165 /80 /14 to 185/70/14. Would this cause any drop in mileage? He is also looking for good tyres which can last him around 50k Kms since he travels a lot. Which would be a good set of tyres which would last, without affecting the safety aspect?
No problem with the size 185/70-14.

A Drives for sedate driving and comfort, MRF ZLO for sporty characterstics
Old 7th April 2014, 08:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
No problem with the size 185/70-14.

A Drives for sedate driving and comfort, MRF ZLO for sporty characterstics
Thanks, would ADrive last around 50k Kms?
Old 7th April 2014, 09:06   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can't say 50K .They will last for 40K easily. Maybe with alignment and balancing,rotation every 5K kms they can reach 50K. But then it depends on usage too. You cant expect them to last 40-50K if you drive with a heavy foot.

For a comparison , my C Drive have worn out by 2mm in the last 14,000 kms. So going by this trend, they may last 45,000 kms till it hits the 1.6mm tread wear indicator mark . But i take care of the tyres a lot in terms of tyre pressure, alignment,balancing and rotation. A Drives are harder than C Drives. So they should theoretically last 50K IF they are taken care of .
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 09:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
If lasting for 50K KM is the ONLY concern then the stock goodyear duraplus claims to be having a life of around 1 lac KM. Though I don't really think that they will last 1 lac, but definitely tread life wise they should last for 50K.
They are pretty cheap as well.

Personally I have experienced that the goodyear/JK tyres go kaput(uneven buldges) in 3-4 years irrespective of the KM traveled. They are not good tyres, but as your friend travels a lot so he should change the GY within 3-4 years.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 19:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Can't say 50K .They will last for 40K easily. Maybe with alignment and balancing,rotation every 5K kms they can reach 50K. But then it depends on usage too. You cant expect them to last 40-50K if you drive with a heavy foot.
.... .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
If lasting for 50K KM is the ONLY concern then the stock goodyear duraplus claims to be having a life of around 1 lac KM. Though I don't really think that they will last 1 lac, but definitely tread life wise they should last for 50K.
They are pretty cheap as well.

Thanks for both the suggestions. Most likely he might opt for the goodyear.
Old 4th December 2014, 18:52   #36
BANNED

With so many Dzires on the road, I am sure a lot of people who own dzire are also on Team Bhp. I am wondering what are the best tyres for the Dzire. I have Yoko A drives and am not fully satisfied with them though I still have a long way to go before I replace them. That brings me back to the question, which are the best tyres for Dzire?
Old 22nd February 2015, 20:46   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Thanks for helping out.
I have got XM1 fitted in my car now. 185X70X14
Hi Sumit,
My Dezire has completed 60,000 kms on the stock JK Tornados, literally the tyres have gone bald, every week they get punctured. My question is-Can I use 185/70 R 14 tyres in the Dezire LDI model, The Service Advisor tells me that such tyres will increase pressure on the steering column and eventually the steering box and bushes will wear out. Is it true? And does steering effort increase with such tyres?
Old 22nd February 2015, 22:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok Naik View Post
Hi Sumit,
My Dezire has completed 60,000 kms on the stock JK Tornados, literally the tyres have gone bald, every week they get punctured. My question is-Can I use 185/70 R 14 tyres in the Dezire LDI model, The Service Advisor tells me that such tyres will increase pressure on the steering column and eventually the steering box and bushes will wear out. Is it true? And does steering effort increase with such tyres?
185/70-R14 wont create any issue. You can upgrade.
Its the stock size in ZDi (old model) and there are no mechanical differences in the car to accommodate that size.
SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 22:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
With so many Dzires on the road, I am sure a lot of people who own dzire are also on Team Bhp. I am wondering what are the best tyres for the Dzire. I have Yoko A drives and am not fully satisfied with them though I still have a long way to go before I replace them. That brings me back to the question, which are the best tyres for Dzire?
Hi.. I have been using mrf zlo 205/60/15 on my zdi for past 5k km and I am very happy with them. Great grip. Improved braking.
Old 19th April 2015, 18:39   #40
Team-BHP Support

Can the Dzire Vdi's wheels and tires be upgraded to the Zdi ones? [compact sedan shaped one, not the tour version] Without any extra modifications or swap? A plug & play job?

Stock MUL Zdi alloy wheels and what size tires? Comfort & GC being priority. I think aspect ratio being 60 or 65 should provide better comfort & GC.
Old 19th April 2015, 19:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Can the Dzire Vdi's wheels and tires be upgraded to the Zdi ones? [compact sedan shaped one, not the tour version] Without any extra modifications or swap? A plug & play job?

Stock MUL Zdi alloy wheels and what size tires? Comfort & GC being priority. I think aspect ratio being 60 or 65 should provide better comfort & GC.
For sure, get the 15 inch ZDI alloys and 185/65/R15 tyres, Michelins XM2's if you are looking for something in that range. Not to mention, the car will look supremely hot too.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 19:36   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
For sure, get the 15 inch ZDI alloys and 185/65/R15 tyres, Michelins XM2's if you are looking for something in that range. Not to mention, the car will look supremely hot too.
Thanks. Yoko is locally available, so is MRF, so either ZLo or something from Yokohama.
Old 20th August 2015, 22:40   #43
BHPian

Tyres for Maruti Swift DZire ZXi

I own a Maruti Swift Dzire (ZXi 2013 model). Car has completed around 48K Kms on stock tyres i.e. MRF ZVTV and I am in market looking for new tyres for my vehicle.

Can someone help me deciding whether to go for MRF / Michelin / Yoko tyres? I am purely looking at tyres that would have good mileage and are also silent.

Mods - I could not locate thread where tyre options for Dzire have been discussed thus new thread. In case there is already another thread, could you please merge this post into the same?
Old 24th August 2015, 09:14   #44
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift Dzire : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Tyre & Wheel Rim size question:
I have a first gen Dzire (2009) Vxi that came with JK OEM tyres - 165/80R14 tyres and Rim 14 x 5J.

At 40k Km, I changed to Michelin XM2 tyres - 185/70R14 on the same Rim.
However, the Zxi/Zdi of the first gen Dzire came with Rim size 14 x 5˝JJ

Will this cause any problem as I did not upgrade the rims ? Asking since I hear a Tak Tak sound sometimes
Old 13th October 2015, 12:05   #45
BHPian

I want to replace the tyres of my New Gen Swift Dzire with new ones.
Tyre size is 185/65 R15 & existing tyres are MRF ZVTV.
What could be the better option, as my driving includes Well metalled highways, bad roads, single lane link roads also, switching on & off the metalled portion of road is too often on single roads.
I've shortlisted these options:
1) Bridgestone.
2) Continental.
3) Yokohama Earth 1.

Please reply at the earliest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks