Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 10:34   #1
BHPian

Call out to team - Michelin MXV8 review

All,

I request those of you who've used the Michelin MXV8s to please provide a short review, with your observed pros and cons. I leave the parameters to you to decide, since I want your opinion uncut and don't want to regulate anything!

Looking forward to reading your opinion on this tyre.

~Nitin
Old 13th June 2008, 10:56   #2
BANNED

Having in my Swift DDiS from the day i started driving her(almost 7 months now) very good ride quality, no sound, good for city as well as high driving, sharp turns no issue.VFM product have a look at XM1+ also.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:42   #3
BHPian

I second AjayBiz,
Have had it in my SwifDy for about 8 months and found it very good.
Pros:
(a) Excellent grip in Dry and Wet, was able to stop without issues even when there was an oilspill.
(b) Decent Ride quality (havent tried other tyres)
(c) Have taken to 140+ speeds and handling was never an issue

Cons:
I always felt and still feel that the road noise is higher, even on speeds less than 80kph.
Alignment, Balancing, shocks investigation were all fine.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:44   #4
Team-BHP Support

how is the braking on these tyres? someone had told me that on hard braking these tyres lose grip? most of the experts have told me nothing like that happens but just wanna confirm since im getting these on my innova in a week.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well Akshay, rocky Balboa says he had no issues brakin even in an oil slick!
Old 13th June 2008, 11:58   #6
BHPian

Both the MXV8 and XM1 are brilliant tyres in terms of ride comfort, aquaplaning resistance, and noise. I would suggest you go for either of these without any hesitation.

BUT, be sure to keep the tyre properly inflated (for instance, besure to pump up the tyre to higher pressure if you are getting the pressure checked when the tyre is not cold), else it is very likely to get damaged because of the soft sidewall.

Handling is not sharp on either of these (espcially XM1).
Old 13th June 2008, 12:11   #7
BHPian

I have shod my Verna Crdi with MXV8's of the size 205/55/15.

Have driven around 6,850kms in 2 months. Must say that they are very comfortable. Not too much of road noise. Braking was not at all scary. Never felt unsteady or unsure even when it touched 190kmph.

I would vouch for it all the way.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
I have shod my Verna Crdi with MXV8's of the size 205/55/15.

Have driven around 6,850kms in 2 months. Must say that they are very comfortable. Not too much of road noise. Braking was not at all scary. Never felt unsteady or unsure even when it touched 190kmph.

I would vouch for it all the way.
That's good to hear since I am putting 205/55R15 on my Lancer as well. Probably this weekend.
Old 13th June 2008, 13:27   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

We upgraded to MXV8's from Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2s on one of our cars and the difference was amazing!
The grip was much better, road noise was less, comfort was better. I loved those tyres and the Michelin XM1+ and MXV8 are the tyres I recommend to anyone looking for comfort.
There were no cons that I observed. Infact, people who sat in the car after the tire change notice it immediately. The car felt a lot more younger and energized and newer as well. (Wierd but true.)
Old 13th June 2008, 13:55   #10
BHPian

I am using MXV8 on my Swift DDiS and find them very good. Very good ride quality, no noise and good grip.
Old 13th June 2008, 15:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys.

How would you compare the Michelin MXV8, Michelin XM1+ and the Yokohama S-Drives. Im looking to upgrade my wheels from 15" to 16". Currently using 195/60/R15 Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS2. Not really happy with them. I am upgrading to 205/50/R16 Need to know the tyres you guys suggest. I love the look and tread pattern of the Yokohamas but it seems that the Michelin's are getting all the brownie points. Kindly advise.
Old 13th June 2008, 15:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

Good tyres. Low road noise, brake pretty well, and they are great in the wet.

On the downside, they tend to be rather stiff on the sidewalls.
Old 13th June 2008, 17:43   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Good tyres. Low road noise, brake pretty well, and they are great in the wet.

On the downside, they tend to be rather stiff on the sidewalls.
Hey!

I have run approximately 5k kms in my Swift Petrol, 195/60/15 MXV8 tires. From day one I really enjoyed the drive. I really felt much smoother ride compared to my earlier stock tires. Handling at the corners and also braking is excellent. I have tried both in wet and dry weather, very good performance, just no doubt. Sure its VFM. totally satisfied customer

Cheers,
Raps
Old 13th June 2008, 20:05   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
We upgraded to MXV8's from Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2s on one of our cars and the difference was amazing!
The grip was much better, road noise was less, comfort was better. I loved those tyres and the Michelin XM1+ and MXV8 are the tyres I recommend to anyone looking for comfort.
There were no cons that I observed. Infact, people who sat in the car after the tire change notice it immediately. The car felt a lot more younger and energized and newer as well. (Wierd but true.)
GSD2 and MXV8s different categories altogether, one is comfort oriented other is performance.
THe difference was bound to be there.
Old 13th June 2008, 20:09   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys.

How would you compare the Michelin MXV8, Michelin XM1+ and the Yokohama S-Drives. Im looking to upgrade my wheels from 15" to 16". Currently using 195/60/R15 Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS2. Not really happy with them. I am upgrading to 205/50/R16 Need to know the tyres you guys suggest. I love the look and tread pattern of the Yokohamas but it seems that the Michelin's are getting all the brownie points. Kindly advise.
XM1s :entry level comfort tyre, better than OE fitted tyres.

MXV8s :Premium comfort tyre, one of the best in the lot.

S.drive : Performance oriented, one of the best in the lot.

Depending upon your requirement choose your tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks