Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2005, 12:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

ya im getting it done this week...and im not as crazy a driver ok.

Drifter
Old 13th March 2005, 13:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

hehehe...

I beg to differ your honour !!
Old 14th March 2005, 01:34   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Hmm...maybe i got some special compound on mine that make them silent ?!?
I think it also largely depends on the car they are fitted on and its noise insulation.

Quote:
Does the mended area get back to normal? Can the tyre sustain high speeds after that?
Its better to get the tire mended "properly" than using those stick on mending kits. I believe the mending kit you are talking about it what they call a "cold patch" or something...which is just like a bandaid that you stick on (and i guess the air pressure keeps it on as well. I guess that is an ok solution, but better to go for the 100% safe option.
The alternative is a "hot patch" (i hope i have got this terminology correct) which is where they actually put a heated patch on that fuses to the tire really well. If you remember they did this on my tire before we went to mahableshwar, i cant remember if u were there when they were putting the patch on though.

cya
R
Old 31st December 2021, 13:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Directional Tyres / Asymmetrical Tyres ?

Hello everyone, I have a query regarding the directional tyres.

My TVS Jupiter has Michelin City Pro 12" directional tubeless tyres. So I expected that there will be one arrow mark showing the correct direction of rotation.

But to my surprise, there are two arrow marks showing the opposite directions. One direction for the front and the opposite for the rear.

Now, it is possible that the tyre will maintain equal stability and water displacement in both directions? If it does, then what's directional about it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks