Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2009, 23:02   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Fortunately my dwelling is in Lajpat Nagar in the same line as BK Tyres. Eventhough I never had ample opportunities to interact with them but even in the limited meetings, they have been very helpful. I can't say whether it was because we're in the neighbourhood or whatever.

BK Tyres has now revamped his existing premises and has developed it as Michelin store and opened another shop just across the road for all other tyre brands.

I got my car's tyres rotated from Universal today near my home and I chose them because of the quick job. The service was good but the workers over there were too much. Everyone was like, get the balancing done, alignment done etc. Before I he asked me my tyre was on the balancing machine and I asked him to remove it. Even after this, other workers were like shall we do the balancing and alignment, if you don't get it done your car's tyre will bubble.

Well, when I'll be getting alloys on my cars, I'll go to Universal for the ample number of designs they have.
try karol bagh also, you will get lenso there. for HR go to sai mag. do proper research before buying them.
and get in touch with tire and wheels expert on the forum.

Last edited by white_vdi : 12th April 2009 at 23:03.
Old 12th April 2009, 23:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
do proper research before buying them.
I will second that advise. Especially for wheels there are many variables you need to be familiar with. Don't depend on the dealer to give you the best technical advise. I am speaking from experience; this tyre dealer at CR Park sold me a 185/65 R14 tyre in place of my existing 175/65 R14 because I wanted a 185 wide tyre. Now I am stuck with a wrong tyre upsize!
Old 13th April 2009, 01:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
if you have Yoko in mind then don't even think off buying pirelli,Goodyear,hankook.
simple go for Yoko or Michelin.
Thought the same, but pricing matters (unfortunately). But lets see, still have some life left in the current tyres.
Old 13th April 2009, 10:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone,
well i want to change my stock tyers to a new ones,however i am confused on which one to pick. I think i want 195/60/14 however dont know if that's the right choice. I have a Ford Fiesta with stock wheels which are 175/65/14 and i am currently running them on Neo Alloys R14. Only thing i really want is to have 195 size, rest not sure, i mean whether to go for 65 or 60.
Secondly, which one to go for. I mean there are so many company's and then diffrent quality tyers for diffrent ride. Can you suggest me somthing on the above lines....
Old 13th April 2009, 10:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hi everyone,
well i want to change my stock tyers to a new ones,however i am confused on which one to pick. I think i want 195/60/14 however dont know if that's the right choice. I have a Ford Fiesta with stock wheels which are 175/65/14 and i am currently running them on Neo Alloys R14. Only thing i really want is to have 195 size, rest not sure, i mean whether to go for 65 or 60.
Secondly, which one to go for. I mean there are so many company's and then diffrent quality tyers for diffrent ride. Can you suggest me somthing on the above lines....
195/60R14 is a good upsize, gives an error of 1.13% which is well in the limits. You get Michelin Energy XM1+,PP1 in this range, And i guess BF GoodRich is also available.
Old 13th April 2009, 15:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
try karol bagh also, you will get lenso there. for HR go to sai mag. do proper research before buying them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I will second that advise. Especially for wheels there are many variables you need to be familiar with. Don't depend on the dealer to give you the best technical advise. wrong tyre upsize!
Thanks guys for the advice. Although, the number of posts makes me a newbie but I have been following you guys a lot. I have Santro Xing on which I plan to go for alloys. Owing to an advice by Samurai in another thread, I have decided to go for 175/60 R13, most probably Bridgestone Potenza GIII. The Universal guy quoted me somewhere around Rs.2650 each for the same. I plan to keep the car in the long term for personal use.

The guy at Universal told me that 14" alloys won't disturb Santro in anyway with 175/60 R14's in anyway. He installed 13" alloys on my cousin's City as a part of some scheme without informing us of the downsize and then when we figured it out, he justifies it won't create a problem.

When I confirmed with the calculators mentioned in the Tyre guide in Team BHP with what Universal had suggested proved otherwise. They would rather be destructive as increase in diameter would be somewhere around 3.7%, not acceptable in the limit mentioned.

The Prestige alloys had JWL and VIA markings and HR also has the same. I don't know about the rest.

I have Prestige and HR in my mind right now. Lenso as White VDi mentioned is also a choice now. I wouldn't go in for those x2, Musa etc.

Anyone knowing who stocks League and Lenso in Delhi?

Just for Member's reference with kind help from White VDi, the list of shops I know along with brands:

• x2 - BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar 1
  • Prestige Design - Universal Tyre House, Ajit Arcade (Opposite Lady Shri Ram College) and C Block, Central Market Road, Lajpat Nagar 2
  • HR - Sai Mag Wheels, Rama Road
  • Yongle - Sai Mag Wheels, Rama Road
  • Freeman - Saig Mag Wheels, Rama Road
  • Aura - Bridgestone Authorised Dealership, B Block, Lajpat Nagar - 1

A kind request to members to further add to this list to make it easy for greenhorns like me to enhance their knowledge of shops.

Last edited by tsk13 : 13th April 2009 at 15:52. Reason: Grammatical Error and another information required
Old 13th April 2009, 21:43   #37
BHPian

tsk13 lenso is available in karol bagh. ajmal khan road opposite to some eatery joint just before the redlight.
Old 13th April 2009, 22:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thanks White Vdi.

Well, if it was you which brand would you choose out of the following which I have shortlisted for myself : Prestige, HR, Lenso and League.

And moreover, what's the average cost for 13" in Lenso? I checked out their website and was bowled over by the content.
Old 13th April 2009, 22:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

i will rate them like this : lenso>league/hr>prestige.

13" does not comes in lenso
but you will surely get alloy in this size with hr/league.
Old 13th April 2009, 22:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

I guess you dont have any designs available in Lenso 13". The guy who sells Lenso at Karol Bagh, shop called Just Wheels, Stocks P&W as well, that has some designs in 13". You can check out with him. Shop opposite bikanerwala, main road Karol Bagh. You can easily locate it.

If I were you, I would visit Sai Mag wheels for the simple reason that they have the widest range available and I am sure you will be able to find a design to suit your needs there. Plus the guys at Sai Mag are really helpful, It makes the buying experience a whole lot simpler.

Prestige though has some nice designs, but the guy at Universal Tire House, thinks he knows all about tires and his attitude is what makes me to avoid his shop, unless I really like design.

Try out BK Tires for a whole range of other brands including X2,Plati,League etc. Jitesh is really helpful and can even source rims for you.
Old 13th April 2009, 22:54   #41
BHPian

as already mentioned you wont get many options in 13".
pay the lenso dealer a visit. else go to sai mag. bk tire and universal can be done on the same day.
Old 13th April 2009, 23:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

sai mag has at least 100 different design for santro check there website.Alloy Wheels, Car Alloy Wheels, Automotive Alloy Wheels, Chrome Alloy Wheels India
Old 15th April 2009, 16:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Karan, m4ugr8 and White VDi

You guys have really made the job easy.

Now Prestige lies somewhere later after HR and League. As already mentioned, I just need to walk out of my home and towards the right is BK Tyres and Universal is just 2 minutes walk, so near. I'll be checking them too, but I'm not really interested in x2 and Plati.

Here the updated list for Alloy shops:
  • x2 - BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar 1
  • Plati - BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar 1
  • League - BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar 1
  • Lenso - Just Wheels, Karol Bagh (Opp. Bikanervala)
  • Prestige Design - Universal Tyre House, Ajit Arcade (Opposite Lady Shri Ram College) and C Block, Central Market Road, Lajpat Nagar 2
  • HR - Sai Mag Wheels, Rama Road
  • Yongle - Sai Mag Wheels, Rama Road
  • Freeman - Saig Mag Wheels, Rama Road
  • Aura - Bridgestone Authorised Dealership, B Block, Lajpat Nagar - 1
Old 16th April 2009, 03:46   #44
BHPian

Does anyone know where I can get Steel Rims (5 spoke or with circular cuts/Rally rims) in Delhi? I don't want Alloys but want steel rims only. I've inquired with BK tyres and he flatly refused me saying there are no such dealers in Delhi as of now. I want these rims for my Gypsy and would like to chuck out the alloys which I am having on the girl as of now. At the same time I don't want to go with the standard Gypsy rims...those will be my last resort if I fail to get any other rims. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 16th April 2009, 07:42   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
Does anyone know where I can get Steel Rims (5 spoke or with circular cuts/Rally rims) in Delhi?
What kind of rim is this? Who's making 5 spoke steel rim?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks