Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:27   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
If you dont want to have much speedo error and still would like to upgrade, then the recommended sizes for i20 are 185/60 R15 and 195/50 R16. These are the ones it comes with in Europe. Of course the R16 ones may be bad on our roads and move from 185/65R14 to 185/60R15 may not make any significant impact.

Otherwise, the 195/60 R15 is doing pretty well on my car with a 3% speedo/odo error.

Appuchan,

Does the tyres scratch on the side walls in full load? And what is your rim size, 5.5 or 6?

And can you please upload the pictures of your car tyres with the wheel arches or the entire car from front or rear? i like to see if the wheels fill up the arches?

i really wish to upgrade to 195/60 R15 but a little scared and confused about going for R15 or R14 with the same profile.

also does the braking efficiency of ABS reduce by going for 15"?

Last edited by Harshavarthan : 2nd September 2009 at 20:29.
Old 25th April 2010, 04:09   #62
BANNED

Upgrade i20 1.2 asta(O)tyres+alloys

hi,
i would be buying an i20 1.2 asta (o) very soon. Now, I stay in gurgaon, and i want to trade in my stock tyres and alloys for an upgrade. I want to go in for 15" alloys(Lenso's only) and what is the best upsize in this size without compromising too much with the ride quality or any other. What is the best place in delhi to sell the alloys or trade in with new alloys+tyres. Is there any one stop shop where i can get Lenso's and new tyres and trade in my stock tyres with alloys.
What price can I get for the stock tyres and alloys and how much do you guys think i would need to pitch in to get 15" lenso's and 195 width tyres from Michelin/Yokos.

guys, please help me in this regard as this would be my first time buying an aftermarket alloys and tires and want to get the best deal possible. I am going in for the sparkle blue color, so what color alloys would look best and are all the designs in 15" available in delhi.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

Slayer87, Lensos are available with Just Wheels, Karol Bagh (opposite Bikanervala). You can also check Konig Alloys, they've some amazing designs to suit your blue i20.

Just Wheels don't have tyres. For tyres and installation you've many options near Just Wheels in Karol Bagh itself, they shall also buy your old tyres and rims. You first zero down on the tyre you want, the best upgrade size in R15 being 195/55.

I would recommend BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar for tyres as they're authorised dealers for all major brands including Michelin and Yokohama. Call up Jitesh Bhaiya of BK Tyres @ 9811445532 for all information you've asked for. Do give him a reference of TBHP.

See the ownership threads or this thread for one Blue i20 with 15" Lensos (Gunmetal or brown-grey finish), it looks great.
Old 27th April 2010, 03:26   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Slayer87, Lensos are available with Just Wheels, Karol Bagh (opposite Bikanervala). You can also check Konig Alloys, they've some amazing designs to suit your blue i20.

Just Wheels don't have tyres. For tyres and installation you've many options near Just Wheels in Karol Bagh itself, they shall also buy your old tyres and rims. You first zero down on the tyre you want, the best upgrade size in R15 being 195/55.

I would recommend BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar for tyres as they're authorised dealers for all major brands including Michelin and Yokohama. Call up Jitesh Bhaiya of BK Tyres @ 9811445532 for all information you've asked for. Do give him a reference of TBHP.

See the ownership threads or this thread for one Blue i20 with 15" Lensos (Gunmetal or brown-grey finish), it looks great.
thanks tsk, I think Just wheels is the only Lenso dealer, right ? So, its advisable to first go to just wheels and buy the alloys and then go to BK tyres, buy the tyres and get the installation done, Right ? sorry i am acting like a grown up kid, but as i told you its my first time, so i am all confused on what to do and how to do.
I know konig also makes some great wheels but are they priced right ? i mean i hope they are on lines of Lenso's and not much expensive. Does just wheels keep Konig as well or there is some other dealer.
Please tell me which tires to go for, which would give me peace of mind and don't make much road noise and are fairly grippy. I am not looking at any performance oriented tyres like S-drives and i want tyres which are as silent as they can be. If i can get the best of both worlds, then nothing like it. My preferred brands are michelins and Yokos.
Old 27th April 2010, 13:52   #65
BANNED

hi, changed my mind and now going in for white i20 as waiting for white is a bit less. Now, i want to go in only for white alloys in Lenso's or Konig's. Please give me all the options available in white for i20.
Old 27th April 2010, 15:24   #66
Senior - BHPian

hey slayer87, first of all have to tell you that White is a better option over the Blue. Blue is surely one of my fav colors but not the Hyundai Blue, I love the Honda (Jazz) blue.

Now coming to your I20 Shoes, in case you didn't know, 15" alloys offer some of the best Designs & Colors. If you have decided that you just want to go in for a set of white, then I would suggest the one with the Red or the Blue lip, which I had seen during the installation of alloys on my ride. I dont remember the make though! :(

You can have a look at my Ride Shoes and they were similar in design but with White Spokes and Red lip. Guess that, if you find, would be a sure shot Head Turner buddy!!
Old 28th April 2010, 00:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer87 View Post
thanks tsk, I think Just wheels is the only Lenso dealer, right ? So, its advisable to first go to just wheels and buy the alloys and then go to BK tyres, buy the tyres and get the installation done, Right ? sorry i am acting like a grown up kid, but as i told you its my first time, so i am all confused on what to do and how to do.
I know konig also makes some great wheels but are they priced right ? i mean i hope they are on lines of Lenso's and not much expensive. Does just wheels keep Konig as well or there is some other dealer.
Please tell me which tires to go for, which would give me peace of mind and don't make much road noise and are fairly grippy. I am not looking at any performance oriented tyres like S-drives and i want tyres which are as silent as they can be. If i can get the best of both worlds, then nothing like it. My preferred brands are michelins and Yokos.
Just Wheels only stocks Lensos and P&W's (Budget alloys). You buy the rims from Just Wheels and go to BK Tyres for buyback, new tyres and install. Even I had the same excitement and worries a year back when I got my first set of alloys.

Konigs are cheaper than Lensos and very pocket friendly as you shell out somewhere near 2k-3k more over another brand for a set of 4 Konig wheels. BK Tyres have Konigs but before going to BK check Konig's website and make a note of the designs you like. If the design you like is not in stock, Jitesh will arrange for the same. I would suggest you visit Just Wheels and BK Tyres before your car arrives so as to finalise in advance and get the best deal.

When it comes to Comfort tyres, we've Michelins XM1+, Michelin Primacy LC and Yokohama's Decibel. We also have C Drive from Yokohama but I'm not aware of its reviews.
Quote:
hi, changed my mind and now going in for white i20 as waiting for white is a bit less. Now, i want to go in only for white alloys in Lenso's or Konig's. Please give me all the options available in white for i20.
Buddy, you check Lenso's and Konig's website. If you're sticking to 14 inch profile, you only have 1 pattern in Lenso (available in 4 shades) but I think Konig has a good range. The avaiability of various sizes is mentioned alongside the Wheel on the websites.

All the best.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:36   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Just Wheels only stocks Lensos and P&W's (Budget alloys). You buy the rims from Just Wheels and go to BK Tyres for buyback, new tyres and install. Even I had the same excitement and worries a year back when I got my first set of alloys.

Konigs are cheaper than Lensos and very pocket friendly as you shell out somewhere near 2k-3k more over another brand for a set of 4 Konig wheels. BK Tyres have Konigs but before going to BK check Konig's website and make a note of the designs you like. If the design you like is not in stock, Jitesh will arrange for the same. I would suggest you visit Just Wheels and BK Tyres before your car arrives so as to finalise in advance and get the best deal.

When it comes to Comfort tyres, we've Michelins XM1+, Michelin Primacy LC and Yokohama's Decibel. We also have C Drive from Yokohama but I'm not aware of its reviews.

Buddy, you check Lenso's and Konig's website. If you're sticking to 14 inch profile, you only have 1 pattern in Lenso (available in 4 shades) but I think Konig has a good range. The avaiability of various sizes is mentioned alongside the Wheel on the websites.

All the best.
hey, thanks for all your suggestions. I never thought Konigs to be cheaper than lenso's. I am upsizing and going in for 15" wheels and want to go in only for white ones as now I am going in for white i20. BK tyres would buy both the tyres and the alloys, right ? If i buy the alloys from just tyres and then only the tyres from BK, would he still buy back the tyres and alloys.
Old 28th April 2010, 23:43   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey, thanks for all your suggestions. I never thought Konigs to be cheaper than lenso's. I am upsizing and going in for 15" wheels and want to go in only for white ones as now I am going in for white i20. BK tyres would buy both the tyres and the alloys, right ? If i buy the alloys from just tyres and then only the tyres from BK, would he still buy back the tyres and alloys.
In 15", you've the option of 195/55 R15 (I think so). BK would buy both alloys and tyres and no problem if you get Lensos from Just Wheels and tyres from BKT. Just make it a point to check both these stores before the delivery of your i20.
Old 29th April 2010, 01:34   #70
BANNED

most of the good designs of lenso's in white are in 5 lug nuts and i20 has 4. I Just love the Project raiden white with red lip but then it too has 5 nuts. Even Enkei website doesnt have too many options in white. i was able to find only 2. If anyone knows of some of the white 15 inchers in Lenso/enkei for i20 please post the model no's, I'll soon be visiting BK tyres though and i'll check out the Konig's.
Old 29th April 2010, 02:03   #71
BANNED

i really like the Lenso's Project D designs, specially the D1R in white with red lip. But, i believe it is only available in 5 Lug nuts. Can i get one for the i20. Do all theses alloys come in 5 and 4 ?
Old 29th April 2010, 08:55   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

no no.... The Project D1R is available most commonly in 4-hole 100 PCD design which suits the i20 perfectly.

Please ask around.
Old 29th April 2010, 17:15   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
no no.... The Project D1R is available most commonly in 4-hole 100 PCD design which suits the i20 perfectly.

Please ask around.

hi, thanks for clearing my doubts. But is it available in 15". Do u think all the white designs of lenso are available in 4 hole and 100 PCD.
Old 29th April 2010, 17:17   #74
BANNED

can someone please give me the contact number of JUst wheels (lenso's) karolg bagh.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:09   #75
Senior - BHPian

Slayer, if you've Autocar you might be able to find the number in Lenso's advertisement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks