Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2015, 11:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need a solution for Rusting Wheel Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
My concern is that the rust might spread over to the threading of the bolts on which they are fastened. This can get fatal !!
Why (and more importantly when) would it become fatal?
Old 24th June 2015, 15:38   #47
BHPian

Attaching a picture of the rotten wheel lug nuts :
Caution! Rusted wheel lug nuts-dsc08244.jpg

Got a Free Replacement :
Caution! Rusted wheel lug nuts-dsc08245.jpg

A picture of the newly installed wheel lug nuts :
Caution! Rusted wheel lug nuts-dsc08246.jpg

An Observation :
What I understood is that these sub standard Wheel Lug Nuts are given to these Tyre outlets as a freebie along with the Alloy Rims from the Alloy Rim Manufacturer. These guys instead of giving it free with the alloy rims are making a quick buck out of it by selling them to the customers. Or else, a hand to hand free replacement is generally not a protocol as per the industry standards without the dealer notifying the supplier or the manufacturer about the complaint/ issue that has cropped up with the customer.

The final take :
Please be aware guys !! The new nuts are also of similar quality if not better. I need to have a permanent solution to this problem as my gut feeling says that these new nuts are also going to rust off soon.

I would like to know as to from where good quality Wheel Lug Nuts can be sourced from at a reasonable cost. Please do let me have insights to this as this needs to be sorted.....still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Looking at the picture you posted, it already looks like your nuts were tightened and/or loosened with either the wrong size tool or improper use of the tool leading to slip. Damaging the chrome is not good, no matter how expensive or good the nut.
Please see the photograph !! There is not problem of a wrong tool being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Why (and more importantly when) would it become fatal?
The rust can spread to the threading of the nuts and then to the Hub Bolts as well. As much as my knowledge goes, rust shall weaken the association of the bolt with the nut and the results can be fatal. I might land up seeing a flying wheel of my Figo on my ORVM someday if this happens
Old 24th June 2015, 18:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
Or else, a hand to hand free replacement is generally not a protocol as per the industry standards without the dealer notifying the supplier or the manufacturer about the complaint/ issue that has cropped up with the customer.

I would like to know as to from where good quality Wheel Lug Nuts can be sourced from at a reasonable cost.
Theses MBK nuts are cheap chinese lug nuts, nobody's going to notify the importer about it because nothing is going to come out of it. You probably got a instant replacement because the dealer perhaps accounted for the replacement in his profit margin, makes perfect business sense.

Coming to your second point : Even after the hassle you're looking for a 'resonable' cost. The reason lug nuts like MBK sell the most in the market are because that is what is asked for by majority of customers: cheap , 'sasta' 'best price' . Good quality lug nuts come at a good cost.

Hot tracks bangalore
sell the wepro brand of lug nuts. They are good quality nuts. You could call them to find out if they have a retailer in your city.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 18:41   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Theses MBK nuts are cheap chinese lug nuts, nobody's going to notify the importer about it because nothing is going to come out of it. You probably got a instant replacement because the dealer perhaps accounted for the replacement in his profit margin, makes perfect business sense.

Coming to your second point : Even after the hassle you're looking for a 'resonable' cost. The reason lug nuts like MBK sell the most in the market are because that is what is asked for by majority of customers: cheap , 'sasta' 'best price' . Good quality lug nuts come at a good cost.

Hot tracks bangalore
sell the wepro brand of lug nuts. They are good quality nuts. You could call them to find out if they have a retailer in your city.
May be I got a replacement because of my relationship with the dealership which continues even after over 10 years now !!

I am not looking for 'sasta' or cheap nuts by any means. But, yes I do mind paying a bomb for it. I saw a set of 20 Pcs of the same specs online for Rs.6,000/= approximately which definitely is costing me a fortune and does not make sense by any means to me. 300 Bucks a Nut ??

Thanks for sharing the link; it will come in handy and I shall check with them if they have the Wepro Brand of Lug Nuts with them to suit my requirements

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks