Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 03:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

Yes boss, will do so but as per following schedule.

First one at 800 miles or 1200 kms and then at every 5000miles or 7500(8000) kilometers.
Will be a 4 wheel rotation and the balancing will be required as with the tires being rotational I will have to get them taken off the rim, flipped and remounted to ensure that the direction of rotation is correct as the left side becomes the right side and verse versa.

Last edited by khoj : 20th April 2010 at 03:12.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
Hi Nikhil
What will be the cost of Conti CPC2 for 195 X 55 X 15 in Bangalore and what price can i expect for brand new OEM tyre from Goodyear (Eagle NCT5) that come with Fiesta S. I am expecting delivery of the car by end of this month.
Thanks
JackTheCrack
Send a PM to Anachronix. He just bought a set of CPC2s for his 1.6S.

The re-purchase price of NCT5s varies dramatically from city to city depending on the demand. In a place like Chennai, where there is very little demand for that size, I was offered 1700. Frankmehta in Bombay got upwards of 3000 for the same NCT5s. Re sales prices are higher in Delhi as well as there is demand for this size among people who are upsizing. I have no idea about Bangalore, but anything above 2K should be a good deal. Check in at least 2 places.

The stock NCT5s aren't that bad anyway. I have had no issues with them till now and Jerish's Peted 1.6S which is probably the most powerful one on the forum is still running on them.

Last edited by Gilead : 20th April 2010 at 14:26.
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
For outright comfort and silence, then it would have to be V550 = Primacy LC > Conti CPC2.

Michelins and this model of Yokos are among the most silent tyres in the market as of now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Psycho, thanks for the update. Yoko is confirmed for the City now. Thanks all.
Guys, I have covered approx 150 Kms on the dbs and I am hearing a whole lot of road noise on city roads and 100% coaltar paved. I took the car to the service centre for bearing noise check and it was found OK. In my opinion my Aveo1.6 LT on stock Good years (25K) and Swift zxi on stock JK Vectras(9K) make less noise.

The noise comes only from the rear set. I got the front and rears flipped but still got noise from the rears. Then barged into a neighbour's and borrowed his Cedia. Did a complete retrofit on to his car and I still found it noisy, he was happy compared to the stock Bridgestones that he is running for 20K plus. Is it just me? am I hearing things. Others too who have driven or been driven in the Cedia say the noise is par for the course.

@tsk13 How has your experience been thus far in terms of road noise and did you get the AVS or the DNA. Mine I think are the AVS ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzme View Post
dna db and avs db are targeted for comfort but still different, avs db has better handling and grip whereas dna db is outright comfort.
Since dna is more for comfort should I again go and switch my AVS for the DNAs or the Primacy LC. What do you guys say?
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

While I await your inputs I did some surfing and found this

Yokohama / UNDERSTANDING YOUR TYRES
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:54   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Ouch! I am running 195/55 R15 S.Drives on my ride now, and was planning the AVS dB for the next change. And the Yoko international website lists this size in AVS dB, which gave me hopes :(
Today i called up a person in charge of yokohama in tamilnadu and he said AVS DB is not available in 195/55 R15 in india. He said only 195/65 R15 and above are available.
Old 23rd April 2010, 00:09   #51
Senior - BHPian

@Harshvarthan

Could you please check with him regarding the availability of AVS DB in 195/60/R15 or maybe let me have his name and contact number.

Last edited by khoj : 23rd April 2010 at 00:10.
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:16   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@Harshvarthan

Could you please check with him regarding the availability of AVS DB in 195/60/R15 or maybe let me have his name and contact number.
I doubt it. Check this link.

http://www.yokohamatire.com/pdf/avsdb.pdf
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to the sales manager for North at Yokohama and he reconfirmed that AVS dB is indeed available in 195/60 R15. He has asked me to use the tires up to 500kms and then take a call. If I am still unsatisfied he has assured that he will do whatever is necessary to resolve the situation including replacement. So another 350 kms to go and then we will see.

Harshvarthan thanks for the link, however the tread on the tires in the brochure is not the same as to what I have on the car. The brochure is for AVS dB S2 version whereas what is available in the market is AVS dB.
Old 24th April 2010, 12:54   #54
BHPian

khoj, are you using the above profile AVS dB tyre in your car now. If yes, what car? Also please write about how comfortable the tyre is?
Old 25th April 2010, 00:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@tsk13 How has your experience been thus far in terms of road noise and did you get the AVS or the DNA. Mine I think are the AVS ones.
My uncle didn't go for the upgrade, we're having stock Michelins on the City.

Quote:
I spoke to the sales manager for North at Yokohama and he reconfirmed that AVS dB is indeed available in 195/60 R15. He has asked me to use the tires up to 500kms and then take a call. If I am still unsatisfied he has assured that he will do whatever is necessary to resolve the situation including replacement. So another 350 kms to go and then we will see.

Harshvarthan thanks for the link, however the tread on the tires in the brochure is not the same as to what I have on the car. The brochure is for AVS dB S2 version whereas what is available in the market is AVS dB.
Great initiative there by Yoko guys. I hope they do the needful if the problem persists.
Old 25th April 2010, 14:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My uncle didn't go for the upgrade, we're having stock Michelins on the City.

Great initiative there by Yoko guys. I hope they do the needful if the problem persists.
Stock Michelins....Honda has finally decided to improve its vehicle.

Yes it is a heartening response.

However it seems the problem was with the air pressure. I was running the tires on 29psi as I thought the slow speed drives within the city would be more comfortable, however on high speeds it was a different story. Luckily the problem manifested itself on day two itself during a run to the International airport on the toll road at speeds of 80~90 kmph. While discussing the same with Gaurav (of Yokohama) he suggested that I fill up to the recommended pressure. That is what I did and boosted the pressure to the recommended 2.1 Kg/cm2 or 30.87 psi ~31 psi. Yesterday we went to Haridwar for a dip in the Ganges as my mother was very keen, the day being a pious combination of Kumbh+Ekadashi and it was an excuse for me to allow the Blue Streak to stretch its legs.

We encountered all sorts of road surfaces from excellent to downright horrible during the 450 Kms round trip at speeds that varied between a self restricted 120 Kmph (Muzaffarnagar bypass which is 3 odd kms of frustration followed by 10kms of flat out fun) to a crawl (Roorkee & Haridwar). The tires were excellent with no road noise at all on the well paved sections and some rumble on the coarse sections. The ride over potholes, rumble strips and other irregularities in the road surface was good. Of course Cedia's all wheel independent suspension also played its part especially on the rumble strips which abound on this route. While all others would slow to a crawl on these, the Cedia took them with aplomb and comfort at around 15 Kmph. The best visuals were at the speed breakers where you could see the Skodas, Civic and City kiss each and every one of them, the Corollas would approach them at an angle but the Cedia took them head on with its superior ground clearance. The best(sic) however were the SX4s they were simply flying all over. I think the SX4 guys I encountered yesterday have taken the 'Men' bit from the adverts a little too literally but in wrong sense.

Anyways I believe my problem is sorted but I will drive for another couple of hundred kilometres in and around Delhi and then take a final call.

I am also attaching a brochure from the Yoklohama's Australian web site which shows the same AVS dB V 550 tire as on my car and the size too which is 195/60 R15.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yokohama_dB_decibel_A500_V550.5579.pdf (730.2 KB, 1592 views)

Last edited by khoj : 25th April 2010 at 14:37.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that the headache is gone. You need to determine the correct tyre pressure post-upsizing by trial and error method. I did the same when I upgrade to 175/60 R13 Yoko A539 from 155/70 R13 Bridgestone S322's on Xing.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Definite grey market.

When did he buy it? Bill might be possible. Warranty also might be from the side of the dealer. Not the company.
Quote:

In 195/55 R15, you have only A Drives, S Drives and Advan Neovas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
My Friend has Yokohama C-Drive tyres installed in the size you have mentioned, he bought the tyres with B&W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
BK Tyres, Lajpat nagar. The dealer warranty can be a possiblity.
I had a talk with Jitesh Bhaiya from BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar and he told me that they never sold Yoko C. Drives in 195/55 R15 size and further added that it doesn't come from Yokohama India.

.anshuman, please check with your friend. Chances are high he must have gone to another tyre store (I won't be naming it now, they stock grey market Yokos).
Old 29th April 2010, 21:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice to know that the headache is gone. You need to determine the correct tyre pressure post-upsizing by trial and error method. I did the same when I upgrade to 175/60 R13 Yoko A539 from 155/70 R13 Bridgestone S322's on Xing.
Yes, it is good to be rid of the problem. BTW 195/60 R15 is standard size on the Cedia and 31psi is the recommended pressure.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it is good to be rid of the problem. BTW 195/60 R15 is standard size on the Cedia and 31psi is the recommended pressure.
Thanks for the information. By the way, did Yoko guys followed up regarding the issue even though its resolved?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks