Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 00:23   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Yokohama AVS dB (decibel) tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
195/55/R15 are not available in Db series in yokohama. The series that you can get the size in are :
A-Drive,C-Drive,S-Drive and Advan Neova.
What are the approx prices of these 4 for 195/55/R15s?
Old 29th January 2011, 01:24   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Ohho!
This is so disheartening, I was almost decided on the dB series of Yokohama.
Anyways, I want to know about the best tyre for my Fiesta 1.6S in its stock size, that is, 195X55 R15. My primary requirements are-
1. LOWEST POSSIBLE ROAD NOISE-
I just don't want any noise filtering inside the car's cabin from the tires.
2. HIGHEST COMFORT LEVELS
I want the most comfortable tyre available for the softest and plushest ride possible on 4 wheels.

Is there a tyre which is equally good on both the measures mentioned above?
Please check out the Yokohama tire positioning map (click and a larger image will open) and you will get your answers by parameters. In general C.Drive will suit you fine

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2022454
Old 30th September 2011, 15:52   #93

Hey guys

Hi! I have booked a new cruze ltz and as per all reviews that I have read, the stock jk vectra tires are useless. So, went tyre hunting today and found that contis are in short supply. I was advised by a dealer to go for yokohoma db series gyres. I am looking for 205/60/16 and the dealer offers me a price of 8569 per tyre with a discount of 4000 per tyre for the old vectras.
Does anyone have any experience of the Yokohama db on the cruze? Is the price offered by the dealer ok or is it on the higher side?

Regards,

Rajiv
Old 30th September 2011, 18:32   #94
Senior - BHPian

Prices appear to be on the higher side for 16". The Yoko dealer in Sector 17 is expensive compared to those in town & Suburbs. Try your luck at his other shop in Turbhe down the Palm beach road in the second hand car market. It is called Sai Tyres or Baba tyres.

For Conti try the direct dealer. He has a small shop with no interiors full of Contis. Located on the right turn towards Dana market after the Days inn hotel on Palm beach road as you drive down from Sector 17.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 00:12   #95

Went to the Conti dealer today and he quoted a rate of Rs. 8900 per tyre for the cpc2. He also offered me a lesser rate for the vectras (around 3400). He also said that the tyre would be atleast 1 year old, but it would be from europe. Is there any way to find out the country of origin?

Also, as of now, rate wise, I am inclined towards Yoko dbs, but have no idea about their performance vis-a-vis the Cruze.

Any help would be appreciated.

@khoj: Your location says Delhi, but your knowledge of Vashi shops is outstanding. OT, could you suggest any 3M film distributor in navi Mumbai.

Regards,

Rajiv
Old 14th October 2011, 12:16   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivrao View Post
.....Also, as of now, rate wise, I am inclined towards Yoko dbs, but have no idea about their performance vis-a-vis the Cruze.

Any help would be appreciated.
I've replaced the original JK 205/60/16 that came on my SX4 Zxi, immediatley on purchase of the car, with Yokohama ES501 Db tyres of the same size.
The Yokos are super silent and comfortable. It makes the car feel like a limo.
I've now used them for 5000 km, and have no grouses whatsoever.
filcord is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2011, 12:39   #97

Thank you filcord for the reply.
I contacted Premji at thane and got a much better deal for the yokos. Will be upgrading to the same shortly. Your reply just gave me a much needed confidence booster.

Regards,

Rajiv
Old 14th October 2011, 12:45   #98
BHPian

I've got AVS ES100 Yokos on my car.

Initially I read that ES100's braking and cornering performance is really good and assuming that it falls in the same category of AVS dB decibel, I went for it. To my surprise these tyres were not really very silent [After replacing it with the stock GoodYear GT3s I really expected a drastic reduction in road noise].

Later, I read in the Australian Yoko website that the ES100 actually falls in the sports premium range and not the comfort premium range. AVS [Advance Vehicle System] is actually just a technology used in the tyre. And yes, the performance of the ES100 surely feels premium !
Old 14th October 2011, 17:56   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivrao View Post
He also said that the tyre would be atleast 1 year old, but it would be from europe. Is there any way to find out the country of origin?

Also, as of now, rate wise, I am inclined towards Yoko dbs, but have no idea about their performance vis-a-vis the Cruze.

OT, could you suggest any 3M film distributor in navi Mumbai.
The date of manufacture is molded on the side wall in a ABYY format as is the country of manufacture. The AB represents numerals that in turn reflect the week of the given year. So a tire wall reading 0111 would mean that the tire is manufactured in the 1st week of 2011 so January 2011 & one that reads 0611 means 6th week of the same year hence February 2011, so on & so forth.

AVS dBs are manufactured in Japan and that makes a huge difference in the quality. Once again these are Uni Directional tires, so those on left cannot be used on right & vice versa unless they are taken completely off the wheel/ally flipped and remounted. So retain your existing spare wheel.

If you do not want the above hassle then get the 'C' drive also from Yoko.

I think 'Gurukripa' or a similar named shop on Palm beach road used to carry 3M do not know whether they are authorized or not. You could contact Goldy at Amar motors in the Nerul auto market opp DYPatil college. He is the only guy who will tell a customer the real deal behind various claims made by accessory shop owners in the Vashi/Turbhe area. He may also offer to get official 3M installers from the distributor for the install purely your call there on.

Why don't you drive to the V kool shop in Chembur. This is opposite the building that houses Vijay sales & the VW dealership on the main Sion - Panvel road. Vkool now has a wide range of films which can match all of the other brands price wise. What I like is the fact that the install is done indoors and not on the pavement/roadside as is the case elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_fanatico View Post
I've got AVS ES100 Yokos on my car.

Initially I read that ES100's braking and cornering performance is really good and assuming that it falls in the same category of AVS dB decibel, I went for it. To my surprise these tyres were not really very silent [After replacing it with the stock GoodYear GT3s I really expected a drastic reduction in road noise].

Later, I read in the Australian Yoko website that the ES100 actually falls in the sports premium range and not the comfort premium range. AVS [Advance Vehicle System] is actually just a technology used in the tyre. And yes, the performance of the ES100 surely feels premium !

A lot of people get confused between the AVSdB (whose actual model name is dB Decibel & nomenclature is V550) and the ES100dB. Another tyre that has the dB technology is the C drive and if I were to rate them in terms of overall driving experience then my take is as follows :

AVSdB [V550] > C Drive [AC01] > ES100

Soon we are going to get the flagship brand of Yoko i.e Advan in the dB avatar [V551] too, but that is another story.

Last edited by khoj : 14th October 2011 at 18:02.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:54   #100

Thanks Khoj,

am planning to go for the Yoko AVSdB 550. Mark at Premji's has offered me 8090 per tyre and 4500 for each of the old tyres. Sounds like a good deal.

Reason I was going for 3M over vcool was that i wanted a slightly darker tint as the car i have booked is diamond white colour. V cool dont come in dark shades, I think. Would be welcome to suggestions, but I think i should follow it up on an other thread as this is a Yoko thread.

regards,

Rajiv
Old 15th October 2011, 01:43   #101
Senior - BHPian

Do remember to retain your spare stock/old tire and exchange only the 4 on the road. Get Premji to fill in Nitrogen and give you an year's worth of free check and top up plus free balancing (weights free on the first balancing) & alignment.

Do not get your car's alignment adjusted just because it is free but only if you really need it. Infact tell him you will get it done later if you need it and he should be glad to go along as there is only a 50 50 chance that you will need it. Run the vehicle for 1K odd kilometers and then if you feel the car pulling to one side on running or upon straight line braking then get the alignment checked/adjusted.
Old 2nd September 2012, 23:38   #102

Yesterday I changed my stock Fiat Linea (May 09) stock Goodyear tires after 50250 Kms to Yokohama AVS DB V550 Tyres. I it in Iyengar Tyres,Sarjapur Road, Bangalore. Each tyre costed my Rs 4250.

The comfort is very good with the tyres. My car runs like knife on cheese. The steering wobbling has completely stopped . I am extremely satisfied with the tyres.Let me leave a review after i do a couple thousand of Kms.
Old 4th September 2012, 17:32   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0833vb View Post
Yesterday I changed my stock Fiat Linea (May 09) stock Goodyear tires after 50250 Kms to Yokohama AVS DB V550 Tyres. I it in Iyengar Tyres,Sarjapur Road, Bangalore. Each tyre costed my Rs 4250.

The comfort is very good with the tyres. My car runs like knife on cheese. The steering wobbling has completely stopped . I am extremely satisfied with the tyres.Let me leave a review after i do a couple thousand of Kms.
The Iyengar & Sons on Sarjapur has a stock of ES100's piled up. Were you not marketed to buy those? If so then any reason why you chose AVS DB V550 over the ES100s?

The reason I am asking is, I am running on 2 ES100s on the front and stock gt3s on the rear. will be soon replacing the stocks and I have been confused by other tyre vendors that ES100s are uni directional and not suited during diagonal tyre rotation. But the guy at Iyengar & Sons advised that even though Es100s are unidirectional, there is no problem in diagonal tyre rotation.

I am more inclined towards Michelin Energy XM1 or Yoko C drives or Yoko AVS DB V550
Old 4th September 2012, 22:43   #104

The Sales person never suggested me ES100s.I assume that because I told most of my drive are on highways, he asked me to go for AVS DB V550. Actually I wanted to go with Bridgestone,But he told me that there are serious alignment problems that he keeps hearing from customers with Bridgestone tires and Fiat Linea.
Even I was confused .But I got a nicer feel when i saw AVS DB V550.I am no tyre expert, just my instinct told me to go with Yokahama.
Old 5th September 2012, 13:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

You will feel even nicer when you read the words "Made in Japan" on the V550s sidewalls.

Do note however that the 550s are unidirectional tires and you will not be able to switch the tires on the LHS of the car to the RHS and vice versa without taking them off the rim and flipping them over. Do not let this deter you just retain your old spare tire so you could use it on either side in case of a puncture etc.

I have been using the same combination and suffered my first puncture right outside my house last month after two & a half years and 24 odd thousand kilometers and my car goes places where most people would not take their SUVs. This also makes tire rotation easier, the front tire goes to the back and the back one to the front on either side, few things in life are that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0833vb View Post
Even I was confused .But I got a nicer feel when i saw AVS DB V550.I am no tyre expert, just my instinct told me to go with Yokahama.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks