Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 15:05   #31
BHPian

In East Bangalore

Are there any recommendations for wheel alignment shops in East Bangalore.. esp in Marthahalli, Whitefield, KR Puram, Indiranagar, ORR areas?

I've to do alignment for my Indica. If the guys there have the ability to check for problems in parts like tie-rod and other proximate parts to the tyre it should be good.
Old 9th August 2008, 13:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Have to get wheel balancing done for my car -- Palio S10. Need an approximate cost for the wheel balancing for the same.
Just spoke with Mr Gopal at Madhu Enterprises. I'm getting alignment (Rs 200) & balancing done on Monday. For balancing on stock steel tyres for my Swift Vxi, its Rs 30 for processing each wheel. Rs 70/100gm for the weights. The total cost would depend on the amount of imbalance and required weights.

You can contact them at 22232869,41519430,41519450,22239950.
Hope that helps!
Old 12th August 2008, 12:46   #33
BHPian

Madhus Experience

Just got the alignment and balancing done yesterday.

I'm really really happy with the quality of work (its 100% automated) and the courtesy and efficiency of the staff. I highly recommend this place!

Nikhil, it was great meeting you. Thanks for your time and effort, and hope to see you for my new year's shopping
Old 13th August 2008, 02:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I suggest Iyangar car shop which is left side of in Banashankari ring road while travelling from Big bazaar/foodworld signal and DeveGowda Petrol bunk. They are good.
This is The Best...Try speaking to a person called Velu, He does the alignment with other guys. He will take you under the car and explain whats wrong. Very nice guy/shop and good service

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th May 2009 at 20:26.
Old 13th August 2008, 15:49   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Just got the alignment and balancing done yesterday.

I'm really really happy with the quality of work (its 100% automated) and the courtesy and efficiency of the staff. I highly recommend this place!

Nikhil, it was great meeting you. Thanks for your time and effort, and hope to see you for my new year's shopping
Nice meeting you too

I definitely hope to see you for your New Year's shopping!!
Old 17th August 2008, 07:45   #36
BHPian

Madhus experience

I had been to Madhus yesterday to get my new wheels balanced, aligned and re-torqued again.

Thanks to Nikhil for making it a pleasurable experience. Unfortunately couldn't meet him personally though, anyways there is always next time.

I spent an hour and half (90 mins) or thereabout to complete the alignment and balancing (courtesy or rain gods for the additional wait time).

I would like to say that it was a very professional experience, the balancing and wheel alignment is done infront of you so you get to see for yourself that things are in shape.

The cost is also reasonable. I had taken my Brother in Law too who has a Getz, so the next alignment of Getz will be @ Madhus.

I would definitely recommend Madhus to my friends and relatives and Nikhil keep up the good work
Old 17th August 2008, 12:58   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv.kulkarni View Post
I had been to Madhus yesterday to get my new wheels balanced, aligned and re-torqued again.

Thanks to Nikhil for making it a pleasurable experience. Unfortunately couldn't meet him personally though, anyways there is always next time.

I spent an hour and half (90 mins) or thereabout to complete the alignment and balancing (courtesy or rain gods for the additional wait time).

I would like to say that it was a very professional experience, the balancing and wheel alignment is done infront of you so you get to see for yourself that things are in shape.

The cost is also reasonable. I had taken my Brother in Law too who has a Getz, so the next alignment of Getz will be @ Madhus.

I would definitely recommend Madhus to my friends and relatives and Nikhil keep up the good work
'Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry I wasnt there yesterday. Definitely hope to meet you next time

BTW, what do you mean by "re-torqued" ?
Old 17th August 2008, 13:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Re-Torque is nothing but re-tightening of the Lug nuts once new wheels are fitted. Its a recommended practice after a week or after 100-150 KM once new wheels are fitted.

Please refer to the case study on carbibles.com web-site.
Car Bibles: Changing your wheels - a case study

Thanks
Rajiv
Old 12th October 2008, 17:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Got wheel balancing & wheel alignment done at Madhus (Double Road). Thanks Nikhil (Nikhilb2008) for personal supervision & suggestions. I wasn't happy with the balancing & alignment done at service center. But after Madhus, the car feels firm & better.
Old 12th October 2008, 17:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Got wheel balancing & wheel alignment done at Madhus (Double Road). Thanks Nikhil (Nikhilb2008) for personal supervision & suggestions...
True; T-BHP'ians do get a preferred treatement!

But my experience with 'Tyre Professionals' (same group), even before coming down here and getting to know Nikhil, was also great!

Goes to show that they treate all customers as they meant to be treated, as 'Kings'!

(And, my 1000th post! )
Old 20th October 2008, 15:13   #41
BHPian

Tyre puncture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
'Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry I wasnt there yesterday. Definitely hope to meet you next time

Hi Nikhil,

Does you shop fix a flat tyre?
I also need to balance and align my stock wheels.
Iam coming from Koramangala - madiwala, please tell me the direction.

I have changed my rear left tyre yesterday and how fast i need to do a wheel balancing? iam planning to come there on saturday.Can i drive until saturday without fear?

thanks
Raj
Old 20th October 2008, 18:52   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_7703 View Post
Hi Nikhil,

Does you shop fix a flat tyre?
I also need to balance and align my stock wheels.
Iam coming from Koramangala - madiwala, please tell me the direction.

I have changed my rear left tyre yesterday and how fast i need to do a wheel balancing? iam planning to come there on saturday.Can i drive until saturday without fear?

thanks
Raj
We are located on Double Road. Below the flyover. We are next to St.Joseph's college. If you come straight down on Double Road (away from Lalbagh), you come to the flyover. Go below the flyover and then at the signal, take a right. You will see our shop.

We do fix flat tyres.

You can always drive without fear on an unbalanced wheel. Just that you might get some vibrations. If you dont go very fast, you may not even feel it. Also, unbalanced wheels at the rear affect your car's handling lesser than if it is at the front.
Old 14th November 2008, 21:38   #43
BHPian

I had been to Madhu's yesterday for WA & WB & Wheel Rotation.

Got the oppurtunity to meet Nikhil, it was a pleasure meeting him.

Nikhil personally supervised the WB & WA,

Great experience altogether.

Cheers!
Rajiv
Old 29th November 2008, 14:48   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
Are there any recommendations for wheel alignment shops in East Bangalore.. esp in Marthahalli, Whitefield, KR Puram, Indiranagar, ORR areas?

I've to do alignment for my Indica. If the guys there have the ability to check for problems in parts like tie-rod and other proximate parts to the tyre it should be good.
Hi Folks, any suggestions for in and around Indira Nagar?
Old 16th May 2009, 20:03   #45
BHPian

This has been my 3rd or 4th WB&A at madhus. Started going there after sundaram screwed up the alignment during a regular service. It has been good experience at madhus. But this time(job done couple of weeks back) the experience went for a complete toss.

After the job, noticed the car was pulling to left. And also a minor wobbling when pulling from low speed. Should have taken it back right away. But distance between my home and madhus means, a wait of 2 weeks, before i showed up there.

Today, at the shop, they found that one of the nut at driver side front wheel got jammed up. The torque machine was not able to get the screw out. So the guy has to manually apply extra force to get it out. Once they managed to get the nut out, found some parts of the thread on the hub and the nut has given away.

It looks like during the previous WB act, the guy there didn't do a proper job of putting in the nut back properly. As per one of mechanic there, the person has to screw in the nut with finger before using the torque machine. It looks like i was little lethargic in monitoring what they were doing last time.

Now, trying the nut back on the hub, it got stuck and was not freely moving in and out. The mechanic there suggested to drive around with just 3 nuts on and the 4th is not really required

After some haggling around, they mounted the front wheel and managed to put the nut back in its place, with some help from grease. Asked them to remove the nut and put it back couple of times. It seems to be ok, as of now.

Talked to everyone from mechanic to desk people to the "boss". They tried to downplay this damage to hub threads. The boss, was like, did you take the car for any service in between? Valid point. But no one has touched the wheels of this car out side madhus for past 15k or so kms, for which i can never produce a proof any type.

With foul mood got out of that place and drove around for about 30 mins in peak traffic and opened up fully on inner ring road, doing every thing from 10 to 130 kmph. Things seems to be fine as of now.

It looks like sooner or later i will have to get a new hub.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks