Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 13:48   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Having had the chance of meeting akshay quite a few times, I've literally seen the noise grow. The droning sound would always be higher than the previous ride. Have been suggesting him to get rid of these tires or get some damping done.

In comparison, the apollo acceleres in my car are super silent if you compare to the GIII on his car.

I guess damping should be the more pocket friendly solution to this problem.
Old 10th July 2010, 14:08   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post

If anybody here is using KUMHOs in his car , I would like to know what is their long term view on it . I am also planning to change mine, thanks in advance if someone can post view/reviews about them in Swift.
I am not sure why my post was deleted but anyways here is another attempt to recommend Kumho Solus KH17 tyres. I checked out these tyres in a Dzire and the road noise was very low. The tyres had run-in almost 1000 kms and I was impressed by its performance.

@akshay4587
Time for some damping bro!
I'd also recommend the under-body corrosion resistant treatment.
Old 10th July 2010, 14:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
I guess damping should be the more pocket friendly solution to this problem.
Well if he is going to change the tyres in next 6 months i would say chuck the damping. 15" Konig's on CPC2 195/60 R15. Now that will be one Hot Red Accent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
I am not sure why my post was deleted but anyways here is another attempt to recommend Kumho Solus KH17 tyres. I checked out these tyres in a Dzire and the road noise was very low. The tyres had run-in almost 1000 kms and I was impressed by its performance.

@akshay4587
Time for some damping bro!
I'd also recommend the under-body corrosion resistant treatment.
I can vouch for KUMHO tyres specially for the price.
Old 10th July 2010, 15:51   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well if he is going to change the tyres in next 6 months i would say chuck the damping. 15" Konig's on CPC2 195/60 R15. Now that will be one Hot Red Accent

I can vouch for KUMHO tyres specially for the price.
And I can vouch for there ride. They were on 17" rims on a getz.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:57   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
This is a exact thread i was looking for. My Getz Prime has run 15k kms, The GoodYear GT3 tyres do not show any signs of tread loss. I get all sort of noises from mere 10km/hr. Starts like a mixiee, then a grinder, then above 50 its a Jet engine noise. I got all 4 bearings checked, I did not believe the garage guy as he said tyre noise, my older Bridgestone s322 in Accent produce Zero noise compared to the Getz.

Dont these manifacturers test the tyres, how can they deliver such sub standard products.

Fuhrer and Krish, which manufacturer do you suggest for a tire upgrade?
Old 14th July 2010, 22:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
I havent yet upgraded the tyres, i plan to do after it runs atleast 25K. I have asked people using Michelin Energy XM1 series, they have said ride is butter smooth and noise less, so my next upgrade will be defenetly this. But more softer the compound the less the life of tyre.
Old 14th July 2010, 23:00   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
i havent upgraded my tyre yet too.
i use to be a good year loyalist in that case good year NCT 5 was good. It came as Oe in my friend's 1.6s there was no humming noises in it.Similarly i swapped to good year assurance in my innova doesnt have that much noise but i feel its quiet hard. Both tyres have a kind of wind cutting sound which is far better than Jet sound from the GT3.

I'm watching this thread for a noise less tyre.
Next tyre in my mind is Appolo Accelerate or Yoko Dbs.
All i need is a silent tyre not looking too much into the performance factor as the car isnt a great performer.

Previously i had Michelin Xm1 or Bridgestone potenza in mind looks like they are not good too

Dear Friends if i'm suggesting the wrong tyres please correct me.
Old 16th July 2010, 12:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

Currently using Michelin Energy XM1 (185/65R14) in my Baleno and Yokohama C.Drives (225/60R15) in my Innova. Feel that the Yokos are super silent even if they offer a dB model that is further lower on noise.
Even on concrete roads there is no noise apart from the normal "phataak" sound on expansion joints.
Old 16th July 2010, 12:51   #54
BHPian

I got anti rust coating done during my first service after that i felt 20% tyre noise reduction.

Add dampening to that and i think you are done for a while.
Old 25th November 2010, 19:12   #55

From what all I am reading, it looks like tire noise is a side effect of grip. The more soft (and hence grippy) a tire is, the more noise it will make.
Correct me if I am wrong.
-
I am happy to live with humming noise rather than a big bang.
Someone please suggest me tires for my logan which are excellent on grip,braking and ride.
Old 28th November 2010, 17:07   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafpnp View Post
From what all I am reading, it looks like tire noise is a side effect of grip. The more soft (and hence grippy) a tire is, the more noise it will make.
Correct me if I am wrong.
-
I am happy to live with humming noise rather than a big bang.
Someone please suggest me tires for my logan which are excellent on grip,braking and ride.
Not true.... tyre noise depends on the tread pattern. A simple grooved pattern will be reasonably silent. A Fancy V pattern will be more noisy.
Old 22nd January 2015, 22:16   #57
BHPian

Re: Tyre Noise Inside the Cabin - Can we minimize it?

Hi bumping up a old thread as am looking for a solution to end the tyre noise that spoils my drive everyday for the past few days. The tyres are Bridgestone B290 changed just 1700kms before has started making loud noise that is very annoying. My regular alignment guy says I need to munch up another 1.5k to 2k Kms to get the noise reduced. He blames the tread pattern for the excessive noise. Is it true? I feel I should have stuck with B250 again as my vista came with factory fitted B250 tyres. BTW is excessive tyre noise covered under warranty?
Old 22nd January 2015, 23:20   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi bumping up a old thread as am looking for a solution to end the tyre noise that spoils my drive everyday for the past few days. The tyres are Bridgestone B290 changed just 1700kms before has started making loud noise that is very annoying. My regular alignment guy says I need to munch up another 1.5k to 2k Kms to get the noise reduced. He blames the tread pattern for the excessive noise. Is it true? I feel I should have stuck with B250 again as my vista came with factory fitted B250 tyres. BTW is excessive tyre noise covered under warranty?
Hope it is not the wheel bearing sound that you are hearing.

Do check with the dealer for warranty.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 00:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hope it is not the wheel bearing sound that you are hearing.

Do check with the dealer for warranty.
Suspecting the noise from bearing I've already changed both the front bearings a couple of days back but still the noise persists. Am not able to get Bridgestone's warranty policy from anywhere. Will be checking with an engineer from Bridgestone this Tuesday.
Old 23rd January 2015, 11:06   #60
BHPian

Re: Tyre Noise Inside the Cabin - Can we minimize it?

@smrtdvl

I doubt they cover anything related to noise levels. Bridgestone tyres are overall noisy due to the hard rubber compound. I would say let the tyres run for atleast 3-4k. Also, expect these tyres too be more noisy on concrete roads as compared to tar roads. That's where the major difference is visible between soft vs hard rubber.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks