Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 09:26   #46
BHPian

re: Alto K10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I will only be able to give a partial answer to your query. Heard from my friend that XM2 is pretty good in performance. You can expect better NVH levels during highway runs. Handling will also marginally increase. For how much kms did your Bridgestone last? If the tires are very much worn out, you may not get a resale on the old tires. Good thing is to take quotes from other tyre shops in your city to see if you can hook up with a better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Folks, bumping this thread. I need to change my stock tires on my k10 (bridgestone 155 65 r13). The guys at tire empire are suggesting michelins XM2 165/65 r13. I drive to work on dangerously potholed roads everyday and i am worried the upgraded tire might scrape the wheel well.
The tyre empire guys also dont have buy back for my old tires. They r quoting 3600 per tyre for the new michelins.

Any suggestions? How good are the XM2s? There are mixed reviews on side wall tears and punctures.
CountMe91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 09:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
I will only be able to give a partial answer to your query. Heard from my friend that XM2 is pretty good in performance. You can expect better NVH levels during highway runs. Handling will also marginally increase. For how much kms did your Bridgestone last? If the tires are very much worn out, you may not get a resale on the old tires. Good thing is to take quotes from other tyre shops in your city to see if you can hook up with a better deal.
Thanks countme91. My bridgestones are at 42k. Here is how they look now. Actually, I am not entirely convinced on changing the tires, they seem to look good. But My steering gets very tight at times and the accelerator pedal also gets stuck sometimes. The maruti service advisor suggested me to change the tires which could resolve the issue. I also have a 1300Km round trip coming up in a couple of days and dont want to risk it with the tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Alto K10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20140803_153434-1.jpg  

Old 4th August 2014, 09:48   #48
BHPian

My JK's on the Zen are at a much worser state than your Bridgestone. But I would suggest you to change your tires since you have a long trip up your sleeve. Safety comes first and during this monsoon season, you should not take any risk. At the same time, I would like to say that steering tightness and the accelerator pedal getting stuck may not be completely due to wear and tear of the wheel. If possible, please get your car checked from another ASC or a good local mechanic. Hope it makes sense.
CountMe91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 18:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I need to change my stock tires on my k10 (bridgestone 155 65 r13).
The guys at tire empire are suggesting michelins XM2 165/65 r13.
They r quoting 3600 per tyre for the new michelins.
I drive to work on dangerously potholed roads everyday and i am worried the upgraded tire might scrape the wheel well.
Hello Veyron,
Just this weekend I changed the 4-year-old stock tires that came with my K10, which has run ~ 40,000 Kms.
I changed all 5 tires to Bridgestone-G3s of size 165/60R13, on the stock rims - cost of each tire was ~ Rs. 3,600.

Alto K10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-k10_tire_profiles.png

I don't think the 165/65R13 XM2s will cause any "rubbing" - on the stock rims.

P.S. - Got them changed from here...

Last edited by im_srini : 7th August 2014 at 19:02.
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 12:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, bumping this thread. I need to change my stock tires on my k10 (bridgestone 155 65 r13). The guys at tire empire are suggesting michelins XM2 165/65 r13. I drive to work on dangerously potholed roads everyday and i am worried the upgraded tire might scrape the wheel well.
The Tyre empire guys also don't have buy back for my old tires. They r quoting 3600 per tyre for the new michelins.

Any suggestions? How good are the XM2s? There are mixed reviews on side wall tears and punctures.
hi veyron,

i have changed my k10 tyres to xm2, immediately after purchasing the car. now after 19k on the odo, i can say that these are very good tyres. the only issue that i have faced is the rear tyre scraping the fender, as you can see the pic the tyre is few cms out, it could be due to the alloys that are fitted on the car.
Alto K10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_0142.jpg
Jump Start is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 23:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump Start View Post
hi veyron,

i have changed my k10 tyres to xm2, immediately after purchasing the car. now after 19k on the odo, i can say that these are very good tyres. the only issue that i have faced is the rear tyre scraping the fender, as you can see the pic the tyre is few cms out, it could be due to the alloys that are fitted on the car.
Attachment 1272511
What specs are your tires ? I am booking a K10 next week and plan to immediately upgrade to alloys after delivery (HRS H363) and 175/60R13 tires (Michelin XM2 or Yoko C Drives).
Old 21st August 2014, 01:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
You made a tire upgrade before you planned to change your steel rims to alloys, is it? I'm planning to upgrade to a similar spec tire. Have the Potenza GIII in mind, but I don't find your spec on the Yokohama India website, seems like your spec is not available for sale now. How do you feel the vehicle's cornering abilities have improved? With the understeer it has got now, I so badly want to minimize it by upgrading the tires to the right size . And, did you make the alloy upgrade? I've also wanted to make it to the 14", but with what I hear, I feel going for it would only be risky
Hey,Sorry about the 2 year late reply.

The 175/60's were running on 13 x 6j alloy rims. Made the change while taking delivery. Stock tyres just don't cut it with Maruti. The right upsize with 14" rims would be 165/55 but we do not have that size available in india. Next best (best meaning Available in india) would be a 185/50. still considering that. Am on my 3rd set of A 539's right now. car has run 70k.
Old 21st August 2014, 21:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
What specs are your tires ? I am booking a K10 next week and plan to immediately upgrade to alloys after delivery (HRS H363) and 175/60R13 tires (Michelin XM2 or Yoko C Drives).

tyres are XM2 size 155/65 r13. and the wheels are the same that you are planning to put. have attached few more pics.

but on extreme jumps the rear tyres keep scraping the fenders. so i got the autorunner installed in the back springs. the car has done 20k now. the tyres are good, only issue is lot of stones get stuck in between the grooves.

Alto K10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_5603.jpg

Alto K10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_5612.jpg
Old 21st August 2014, 21:34   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
tyres are XM2 size 155/65 r13. and the wheels are the same that you are planning to put. have attached few more pics.

but on extreme jumps the rear tyres keep scraping the fenders. so i got the autorunner installed in the back springs. the car has done 20k now. the tyres are good, only issue is lot of stones get stuck in between the grooves.
Thanks so much for the snaps. I thought these rims would look good and you just proved it. I am booking a white K10 so will be going for the black alloys with chrome lips same design. I had the exact same alloys in my wine red 2005 Alto Lxi when I was in Mumbai. Had required to put spacers then.

Now, the point is, if it scrapes for you using 155/65, it surely will for 175/60 tires since it is taller. Will see what can be done. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 22nd August 2014, 03:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much for the snaps. I thought these rims would look good and you just proved it. I am booking a white K10 so will be going for the black alloys with chrome lips same design. I had the exact same alloys in my wine red 2005 Alto Lxi when I was in Mumbai. Had required to put spacers then.

Now, the point is, if it scrapes for you using 155/65, it surely will for 175/60 tires since it is taller. Will see what can be done. Grrrrrrrrr

I can confirm that a 175 will rub in the back without a spacer.
Pic for reference, Same alloy design.
13 x 6j Rim
175/60 R13 Yokohama A 539 tyres.

Alto K10 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-408102_10151162067164075_998753111_n.jpg
Old 22nd August 2014, 09:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
I can confirm that a 175 will rub in the back without a spacer.
Pic for reference, Same alloy design.
13 x 6j Rim
175/60 R13 Yokohama A 539
Thanks for that. Can you tell me if you found any difference in feel and handling by adding broader tyres and eventually the spacers. What are the positives and negatives ?
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Forgot to ask you. How are the Autorunners performing ?

Any downsides ? Also what was the size you ordered ?
Old 22nd August 2014, 23:42   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that. Can you tell me if you found any difference in feel and handling by adding broader tyres and eventually the spacers. What are the positives and negatives ?
I just have rubber spacers in the back. it's a maruti part so your ASS should have it. rides a little stiffer but thats about it. the wider tyres have improved the handling and braking performance. i have more confidence now to brake a tad bit later.

try driving a friends car with the wider rubber. you will be able to make out a marked difference. hope this helps.
Old 23rd August 2014, 23:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
I just have rubber spacers in the back. it's a maruti part so your ASS should have it. rides a little stiffer but thats about it. the wider tyres have improved the handling and braking performance. i have more confidence now to brake a tad bit later.

try driving a friends car with the wider rubber. you will be able to make out a marked difference. hope this helps.
Booked the K10 today. Glistening Grey. My MASS has spacers. However i was thinking of going with Autorunners. Its Rs 2300 including shipping. Lets see
Old 24th August 2014, 11:55   #60
BHPian

Mod team note: Back to back posts, instead use Multi Quote [Quote+] Thanks.

Quote:
Booked the K10 today. Glistening Grey. My MASS has spacers. However i was thinking of going with Autorunners. Its Rs 2300 including shipping. Lets see
Quote:
Forgot to ask you. How are the Autorunners performing ?

Any downsides ? Also what was the size you ordered ?
they are performing well, the rear bounciness is not there after the install. i think it has a replacement interval of 50k kms. also it was not a DIY install. i had to take it to the mechanic, remove the springs and then install it. Even now during high speed dips on the roads it does rub on the fender, but not the tyre shredding types as it used to happen earlier.
i dont know the size, mentioned the car model to daryll and he couriered it.

Quote:
welcome to the club and do post the pics.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th August 2014 at 12:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks