Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2021, 07:50   #376
BHPian

Re: VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hello Everyone,

I just replaced my 5 Year old, 47K run Good years with Yokohoma Earth1 - 195/60/r15, while the ride back home definitely felt different, I am yet to get on a highway to feel the difference
does 5750/- a piece sound like a fair deal ? this includes wheel balancing,alignment as well.

My Ride with the new Tyres - Polo 1.5 TDI CL 2016
VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-index.jpg

the New Tyres
VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-yoko.jpg

I felt there is a little more life to it, but the shop guy said it's scrap and nothing more.
VW Polo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-gy.jpg

Cheers
Kishore

Last edited by kishore1984 : 30th December 2021 at 07:51. Reason: grammar, spacing
kishore1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 16:00   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I just replaced my 5 Year old, 47K run Good years with Yokohoma Earth1 - 195/60/r15
Seems like a good time to upgrade to a nice set of alloys too
Old 2nd April 2022, 15:25   #378

I am in search for used 15 or 16 inch OEM alloys in good condition for my Polo. I am with Skoda alloys as well. Can anyone in the thread guide me to the right dealer/tyre shop. Or anyone wish to sell please let me know.
Old 30th June 2022, 12:48   #379
BHPian

So question to those guys who upgrade the tyres right at the time of delivery.

How much money do you get when you exchange brand new tyers with your preferred tyres ?
Do you get the tyre change done free of cost at the dealer ?

What is preferable, take the OEM tyres with me and exchange that outside or leave it with the dealer. I mean which one would be beneficial ?
Old 8th July 2022, 10:42   #380
BHPian

Anyone running 205/55 R16 on the Polo GT (1.0TSI)? Wanted to know if there are any adverse impacts due to that.
Old 8th July 2022, 13:12   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
So question to those guys who upgrade the tyres right at the time of delivery.

How much money do you get when you exchange brand new tyers with your preferred tyres ?
Do you get the tyre change done free of cost at the dealer ?

What is preferable, take the OEM tyres with me and exchange that outside or leave it with the dealer. I mean which one would be beneficial ?
If your stock tyres are under 100 km, expect to get about 70% of their MRP.
Old 8th July 2022, 13:16   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Anyone running 205/55 R16 on the Polo GT (1.0TSI)? Wanted to know if there are any adverse impacts due to that.
No adverse impacts other than the mess you need to deal with wrt warranty claims. VAG is know to make it difficult to claim warranty if you have gone out of stock specs. I’ve replaced Tyres on my 1.0 TSi right out of the showroom but stuck with the 195 sections. Performance is good but 205 gives a better stance imho.
Old 9th July 2022, 22:18   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Yes, there is, the steering becomes a bit heavy and may not be to everyone’s liking. I have 205/55/16 Continental UC6 on my 1.0 TSI.
Old 28th July 2022, 19:18   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
No adverse impacts other than the mess you need to deal with wrt warranty claims. VAG is know to make it difficult to claim warranty if you have gone out of stock specs. I’ve replaced Tyres on my 1.0 TSi right out of the showroom but stuck with the 195 sections. Performance is good but 205 gives a better stance imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Yes, there is, the steering becomes a bit heavy and may not be to everyone’s liking. I have 205/55/16 Continental UC6 on my 1.0 TSI.
Ok, So I swapped my tyres straight out of showroom to 205/55 R16 Continental UC6s. Drove it for around 3.5k KMs and realized that there's some noise coming from the arms or rack or somewhere down there. In a bid to avoid any warranty related issues and also to reduce any (further) damage to suspension components or the steering rack, I swapped back to stock size - 195/55R16 Michelin P4ST.

I'm running them in right now and would probably visit VW ASS about the noise in a few weeks.

After the swap I realized that the body roll has reduced and though the steering is lighter, it feels bit more confident at sharper turn-ins. Most of it may be attributed to the brilliant Michelins, but I cannot rule out the fact that maybe VW tuned the suspension specifically to match this profile?

Last edited by nerd1200 : 28th July 2022 at 19:19.
Old 6th August 2022, 20:59   #385
BHPian

I recently moved to Pune and am looking for replacing at least 2 tyres on my Polo. The current ones are too worn out having run for close to 50K km. Can someone please suggest a good contact where I can get a good deal without getting cheated?
Old 9th August 2022, 16:19   #386
BHPian

Time to replace, please provide suggestions

Hi Friends,

Its time for me to replace tyres of my polo petrol 1.2 (185/60/R15) tyres. Currently i am running on Yokohama BluEarth (Made in Japan) which has served me exceptionally well for about 55K KMs. I had upgraded from stock goodyears after abt 50 K Kms.

I am not keen on changing the stock size. What are the options available in our market now? I dont think the made in Japan BluEarth tyres are currently available.

My requirements are as follows (Highest priority first)
  1. Road Grip (wet and dry, including reduced braking distance)
  2. Ride comfort (including noise)
  3. Not prone to punctures or side wall cuts( BluEarth that I am currently running in has not given me a single puncture till date.)

Expecting your helpful suggestions please
Old 9th August 2022, 16:37   #387
BHPian

I lost plastic wheel cover of one of the tyres. Service center is asking 3k, it is too costly for a simple plastic cover. It is not an essential part but I want to replace it for cosmetic reasons. Can anyone suggest any online/offline seller where I can buy it?
Old 10th August 2022, 10:54   #388
BHPian

Re: Time to replace, please provide suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
Hi Friends,

I am not keen on changing the stock size. What are the options available in our market now? I dont think the made in Japan BluEarth tyres are currently available.

My requirements are as follows (Highest priority first)
  1. Road Grip (wet and dry, including reduced braking distance)
  2. Ride comfort (including noise)
  3. Not prone to punctures or side wall cuts(BluEarth that I am currently running in has not given me a single puncture till date.)

Expecting your helpful suggestions please
Continental CC6 (ComfortContact6)
Yokohama BluEarth GT
Vredestein Ultrac

These are all the premium options in the higher price bracket and should comfortably meet your requirements. Only thing is I think the Conti does not come with unconditional warranty while the others do. A more cost effective but still very competent option would be the Ceat Securadrive.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 21:03   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Continental CC6 (ComfortContact6)
Yokohama BluEarth GT
Vredestein Ultrac
Thanks much for the timely response. Also how about Bridgestone Turanza ER300?

Read some good reviews about Turanza in some international websites. However not sure if its specific to ER300.

Wonder if you have any idea about them.
Old 11th August 2022, 21:59   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
Thanks much for the timely response. Also how about Bridgestone Turanza ER300?

Read some good reviews about Turanza in some international websites. However not sure if its specific to ER300.

Wonder if you have any idea about them.
I'm not aware of Turanza ER300...but I think you might have read reviews about Turanza T001 or T005 which are more popular. For this particular size if you're looking at Bridgestone, I'd say that the B250 is a more popular product for which I've heard great reviews from Verna and i20 customers (previous gen) on which it was a stock fitment.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks