Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2013, 18:24   #256
BHPian

re: Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)

What a magnificent Car! Those were the Good Old days for Jaguar and I'm so pleased that Tata have ensured that Jaguar will continue along it's road of Excellence.

The colour is so refreshing!
Was this the original colour when Moss was racing it?
Old 7th February 2013, 19:19   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I'm so pleased that Tata have ensured that Jaguar will continue along it's road of Excellence.
Well that road of excellence became rather mediocre along the way, resulting in some uninspiring cars, and rather temperamental too at that! They seem to have rediscovered the magic of late though; how much Tata's have had to do with the revival of both design form and engineering function I don't know (seeing how their own products are trundling along), but good that they infused the life-saving industrial drug called money and a pleasing happenstance that an Indian company did that, and now owns it. It's a bit of an enigma for me yet, how the turnaround has happened under the Tatas, but I'm not complaining, no sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
The colour is so refreshing! Was this the original colour when Moss was racing it?
Suitable colour when someone called Moss is to be at the wheel, no?
Old 8th February 2013, 04:19   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Lovely to see a worthy car in India, even if only for a short duration
======
The problem with the Minerva may well be the tales being attached to it.

Cheers Harit
Dear Harit Uncle,

Thanks for providing the links, which are probably the resons for the controversey created by the earlier owners. In this context I would like to bring to your attention that if you read the link provided by you, it clearly shows that Anupum Agarwalla the son of the earlier owner "wanted to build" a four seat tourer with the assistance of the Minerva club. It does not say the car was a tourer, infact Tim Lemoine is also giving a picture of a Type XX which came into production only in 1924. Infact when we were given this contact by Mr. Prem Agarwalla and we contaced Mr. Lemoine, he was not sure and referred us to the Minerva Club (copy of email available with us). The site provided in the link is not the Minerva club site. When we meet at the Cartier show or otherwise, I shall be pleased to show the email from the Minerva Club which shows the car was a landaulette.
I am sure as a collector you would agree that a tourer is a much more desired possesion than a landaulette and further it is much more difficult to recreate a landaulette body as far as craftsmanship is concerned.

Cheers! Looking forward to seeing you over the next few days.

Bulldogji- I am sure that Tweety has flown in with some wrong information this time. Mr. Sanjay Ghosh has done a good enough job, not requiring her to go to a Bombay restorer.

Yash
Old 8th February 2013, 08:00   #259
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending an evening with this fine old lady at an exclusive preview held at the Jaguar Showroom.
What a beauty, the colour is outstanding. Thanks for the pictures Amol.

Would that small lever/gear/plunger below the main gear lever be a booster?

By the way you are a genius. With one wave of your magic wand you converted this car to a LHD

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-photo06021394632pm.jpg

Cheers

KPS
Old 8th February 2013, 11:38   #260
BHPian

Thanks Yash, I did say that I hoped Tweety was wrong. Sanjay , you and the team have worked hard and done a decent job, of course there is always scope for improvement, but that can be done later, once you run the car for a while and sort out all the glitches that normally seem to come up post restoration. Whatever Harit may have posted is based on information with him. What I posted was based on another source. Anyway, nice car, great to have it up and about. Any factual information on how many Minervas with four cylinder engines had landau bodies? Missed you at the Taj dinner last night, hope to see you tonight at the Cartier venue.
Old 8th February 2013, 13:38   #261
BHPian

The Pics of Nizam's Napiers @ the show are keenly awaited...Can some pls post them, Cheers!
Old 9th February 2013, 08:34   #262
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Khan View Post
The Pics of Nizam's Napiers @ the show are keenly awaited...Can some pls post them, Cheers!
Google baba has only few pictures.

Posting 2 interesting cars

The HEH Nizam of Hyderabad Napier
Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-nizam_napier_colonial_toure1_600x450.jpg
Source : http://luxpresso.com/photogallery-ca...e-2013/19439/6
Looks like the Nizam's Model A Ford will also be there.

The other wonderful car is the Bentley Drop Head Coupe of HH The Maharaja of Talcher (Orissa & Bihar)

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-bentley_sports_drophead_cou1_600x450.jpg
Source: http://luxpresso.com/photogallery-ca...e-2013/19439/3

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 12:58   #263
BHPian

Can't wait to have a glimpse of the Napier at the Cartier show today? Can someone pls post pics ASAP... Cheers!
Vintage Khan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 19:12   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending an evening with this fine old lady at an exclusive preview held at the Jaguar Showroom..............
In this set of Jaguar "C" type pictures there is a chap standing whose posture is not unlike mine. I have reposted that part below, hope The Mole will not mind. That was not me.

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-not-me.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash Ruia View Post
Dear Harit Uncle,............probably the resons for the controversey created by the earlier owners. ............ When we meet at the Cartier show or otherwise, ..................I am sure as a collector you would agree that a tourer is a much more desired possesion than a landaulette and further it is much more difficult to recreate a landaulette body as far as craftsmanship is concerned.............Yash
Dear Yash,

thanks for your reply. I am sorry, but I beg to differ.
Please note that when the previous owner approached someone for info, they had no intention of selling it. So they asked, and were provided of a picture of a tourer. Read the para carefully, nowhere did the earlier owners create a controversy.
The para:
""Photos received from Anupam Agarwalla (India) who is contemplating purchasing and rebuilding a Minerva four seat tourer. With the assistance of the Minerva Club, Tim Lemoine, we can confirm that the car is a cca 1919 Minerva Type NN. These were made between 1919 - 1921 and had a four cylinder 20 hp engine of 3570 cc. Tim has provided a picture of a similar Type XX car which shows the type of coachwork that would have been fitted and matching the rear section of the photo"".

So clearly the controvery was created later on. Remember the Lancia DiLambda wheel controvesy? I am quite sure that the car was not a Landaulette, and I know that original old pictures of the car don't exists. I have been looking into this before the car was sold.

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-minerva-tourer.jpg

About the Landaulette, I have one of the neatest Landaulette cars in India, its so nice that it has been called a pseudo Rolls because though its not a Rolls, it has been so well made and has been used as a reference for other restorations. I probably would not have bought that car if it was a tourer. Maybe Landaulettes are more difficult to recreate, but that is irrelevant.

Maybe you can show me your documentation sometime later, maybe at the VCCCI event which I intent to visit.

Cheers and may you win a prize tomorrow.

Last edited by harit : 9th February 2013 at 19:14.
harit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 19:52   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Google baba has only few pictures.

Posting 2 interesting cars

Attachment 1048814
Source: http://luxpresso.com/photogallery-ca...e-2013/19439/3

Cheers

KPS
I always thought MMB-2007 was Chassis B24BN (1st owner Nicky Embiricos). Thanks for the update on its ownership.

The website referenced by KPS also mentions that the Kalahandi RR PII is to be shown for the first time....can't wait.

Here is how it originally looked (Chassis 183GN). The photo seems to be indicate it was two colours (though the description says Black).

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-kalahandi-rr-pii-183gn-description-corrected.jpg

courtesy: Illustrated London News

Last edited by travancore : 9th February 2013 at 20:01.
travancore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 15:13   #266
Senior - BHPian

In the later part of today, 10th of February, the results of the winners for various categories will be announced. Today is also a day at the race course where several races are held, and for several weeks starting with the first week of February several horse races will be held every Sunday. One can try to predict the winners of several races on a given Sunday and aim to win the jackpot.
On a similar line, I thought that it could be entertaining to try and guess the winners of various Cartier prizes. This could have been attempted earlier, but unfortunately the list of participants was never released and even now the list is not available to all. I don't care much for the bikes, so not attempting any predictions for bikes. And I am also not aware of the presence of all cars, are there any Cadillac's?
As it is really difficult for me to guess the winners, I though that it may be more interesting to guess the names of owners likely to win, the category will be clear later on when official winners are declared. This came about as many owners have entered several cars in several categories. I have thought of 4 groupings and have put names (in alphabetical order) as under:

Will not win a prize.
Hormusji Cama
Brothers Gamadia
Sulaiman Jamal
Shrivardhan Kanoria
Dr. Ravi Prakash
Ashok Shah

May not win a prize
Karl Bhote
Captain Bhujwalla
F. Mehta
Vikram Singh
Ronny Versunia

May win a prize
Mr. Bhatnagar
Abbas Jasdanwalla
Rustomjee Jeejeebhoy
Maharaja of Kalahandi
V.P. Singh
Amal Tanna

Expected to win a prize
Adil Darukhanawalla
Nitin Dossa
Princess Ezra
Vivek Goenka
Ranjit Malik for driving the longest distance to reach the venue, if this category is awarded, though not announced
Maharaja of Rajkot
Yash Ruia
Sukhwant Singh
Diljeet Titus

I have considered prize winners for categories announced in the press release, and the long distance prize only if that is awarded. There may be additional prizes like boys, girls, ladies, public, Cartier, Curator prizes which are given on whims and fancies of the knowledgable and are not really subject to judging.

The judges will judge in a fair manner what is presented to them, they are reputed personalities. But the curator has managed to skew the entries in such a manner so as to sideline worthy competition. The selection process for prizes started with the selected entries, eliminating some worthy cars to compete against the eventual deemed winners.
Another little help given to the eventual winners is the timing of information on cars selected. Many likely winners were informed in February 2012 about Cartier show happening, and they did not have to apply. Those who are not privilaged were forced to apply and were told about the decision only at the end of November 2012.
And lastly, many entries were fettled in Indore, dressed up for the occasion by none other than the curator in his establishment, in some cases even paid for by Cartier.

My understanding is that there are about 60 cars present, out of which about 10 cars are non competing, only for display. So 50 cars will be judged for about 7 classes, and so you have about 7 cars per class of which atleast 3 cars per class are not worthy enough to compete. Something to do with, among other issues, their body styles discussed elsewhere earlier.

As said before, this is a prediction, now lets hear the results to be announced soon.

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 10th February 2013 at 15:21.
harit is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 21:22   #267
BHPian

Dear fellow enthusiasts,

what a day this has been! I thoroughly enjoyed the Concours and found the venue excellent. I even managed to drive my Ambassador there without getting lost, a miracle:-)
Before Vintage Khan gets a fit, here the requested Napier picture, surely there will be better ones to come:
Attached Thumbnails
Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2288.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2242.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2243.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2241.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2287.jpg  

Philedonos is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 21:50   #268
BHPian

And considering that most of you will have taken pictures from the front or side, here some from the back:-)
Attached Thumbnails
Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2208-copia.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2212-copia.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2223-copia.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2228.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2234-copia.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2237-copia.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2250.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2254.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2240.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2238.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2302.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2218.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2219.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2255.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2284.jpg  

Philedonos is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 22:16   #269
BHPian

And seen that the devil lies in the detail, here some pictures of mascots, coats of arms and other "artistic" snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2297.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2299.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2307.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2209.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2227-copia.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2280.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2304.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2305.jpg  

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscf2294.jpg  

Philedonos is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 01:54   #270
Senior - BHPian

Cartier Travel With Style Concours D'Elegance, 2013, (Feb-9 and 10) Mumbai - Lets Go!

Dear Mods, kindly merge with earlier thread if need be.

The weather is near perfect. On Sunday 10th of Feb, 2013, Mumbai played host to one of the world's most prestigious automotive events, The Third Cartier Travel In Style, Concours D'Elegance, 2013.

Personally, I wish they had chosen a larger place, as they had in the 1st event. An event of this expanse needs a larger platform, more so because the cars are growing in number with each event but then in Mumbai, how many such place do we have?

The program schedule was as below;

Pre Judging - Saturday, 09 February (Venue - The Taj Lands End, Bandra)

11:00-3:00 pm - Pre judging

Cartier Concours d'Elegance - Sunday, 10 February (Venue - The Taj Lands End, Bandra)

1:00 pm - Opening of the Concours
2:00-4:00 pm - Interactions with automobile & motorcycle owners (as per your interest)
4:30 pm - Prize Giving Ceremony

This event introduces some new classes, most interesting of them, the Shikar Class. As known, hunting was a much adored fancy of Indian Royals who had during their time, some unique cars custom built for the such fancies, more so for the then popular game hunting. Hunting was the fancy of the rich and famous of that era and had much to do with a display of fearlessness and machismo. That almost every kindgom, had a Royal, have a car custom built for Shikar, is the sign of the popularity of the sport back then.

A new category mentioned was motorcycles, with special emphasis on the Indian Heritage Category. I wonder if one could enter an Indian Chief or a Harley Davidson Phat-Phatti, now extinct but once so omni-prevalent on the streets of Delhi, used as public transport. I wish someone had, had the vision to restore one in its modified "Jugaad" form.

Organising and Judging the event was a list of eminent personalities. Lets get to know them.

Louis Ferla -Regional Director, Cartier Middle East, India & Africa
Cartier Middle East has appointed Mr. Louis Ferla, as its Regional Director of Cartier Middle East, India & Africa.
Louis Ferla took over from November 1st, 2009, and was previously Managing Director for Cartier Taiwan and has been working for almost 15 years in the Greater China Region (China, Hong Kong and Taiwan), including 10 years for the Richemont Group. Throughout his career he has developed strong skills in retail and marketing; including strategic planning, cost efficiency and operations management.
For the past few years, Cartier has invested in expanding its boutique network in the Middle East and opened 14 boutiques in UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Lebanon and India. The Maison is set to open more outstanding boutiques by the end of 2010, developing its presence further in the Middle East.

Manvendra Singh Barwani
Manvendra Singh belongs to the erstwhile royal family of Barwani in Madhya Pradesh and is a Curator, Cartier Travel with Style Concours d’Elegance. With a keen interest in automobiles from an early age, Manvendra Singh has been able to successfully meld his passionate hobby with work and started India’s first vintage and classic car restoration workshop in 1978. Today he is well known in his field and respected as an authority on vintage & Classic cars in India. For this he has featured on numerous television programs.
He expanded his work to restoring vintage cars as well. Various makes including many famous Marques. He has designed prototypes for Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra, Hindustan Motors and Tata Motors. He is author (with Ms. Sharada Dwivedi) of a book titled 'AUTOMOBILES OF THE MAHARAJAS'. He has written for various automobile magazines and also has contributed research material for International Club magazines such as the Hispano-Suiza Society Newsletter, Rolls Royce, The Auburn/Cord/Duesenberg and International automotive historians. Curator since it’s inception in 2008 of Cartier Vintage & Classic Car Show ‘TRAVEL WITH STYLE”

Mark Shand Consultant, Cartier Travel With Style Concours d’Elegance
Mark Shand is a Life Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and a Member of the Explorers Club and brother of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.
. He writes regularly on Wildlife, travel and adventure for newspapers and major magazines. Mark has worked at Sotheby’s in London, amongst many places as his greatest passion always was travel. Mark has ridden through the Andes on horseback, completed the London-Sydney motor race, been shipwrecked in the western Pacific while attempting to sail around the world, and made countless expeditions to remote areas in South East Asia. He has a long association with Cartier and he orchestrated the first Cartier ‘Travel with Style’ Concours in 2008 in Mumbai, which was a huge success.

THE JUDGES:

HRH Prince Michael of Kent (Chief Judge)
Prince Michael of Kent, GCVO (Michael George Charles Franklin; born 4 July 1942) is a grandson of King George V and Queen Mary, making him a cousin of Queen Elizabeth II. Prince Michael carries out royal duties representing the Queen at functions in Commonwealth realms outside of The United Kingdom. He manages his own consultancy business and undertakes various commercial work around the world. He has also presented television documentaries on the royal families of Europe.

Giacomo Agostini
Giacomo Agostini (born 16 June 1942 in Brescia, Lombardy) is an Italian multi-time world champion Grand Prix motorcycle road racer. Nicknamed Ago, he is the all-time leader in victories in motorcycle Grand Prix history, with 122 Grand Prix wins and 15 World Championships titles. He ended his auto racing career in 1980.
In 1982, Ago returned to the motorcycle racing as the Marlboro Yamaha team manager.

Sir Anthony Bamford
Sir Anthony Paul Bamford, DL (born 23 October 1945) is a British businessman, Chairman of JCB Ltd., world's third-largest construction equipment manufacturer. He succeeded his father, Joseph Cyril Bamford, as Chairman and Managing Director of JCB in 1975, at the age of 30. He was knighted in 1990 at the age of 45. His wealth was estimated at £1,950,000,000 as of 2008. Outside of business, Bamford is highly regarded as one of the early collectors of vintage Ferraris.

Lady Carole Bamford, OBE
Carole, Lady Bamford, OBE, born 1946, is a leading British entrepreneur who founded the Daylesford Organic Farmshops chain and the Bamford brand of women's products. Lady Bamford is married to the billionaire Tory-party donor and fundraiser Sir Anthony Bamford, and is a director of his family's JCB construction company

Sandra Button (Chairman Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance)
Sandra Button has played a key role in orchestrating the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, considered the most prestigious Concours d’Elegance world over, for over 25 years. After serving as the event's first full-time Executive Director, she was named Concours Chairman in 2002. She has also been involved in the creation and growth of related events such as the Pebble Beach Tour d’Elegance presented by Rolex, Pebble Beach RetroAuto, and the Pebble Beach Motoring Classic.

Nicholas Coleridge, CBE
Nicholas David Coleridge CBE (born 4 March 1957 in London) is President of Condé Nast International, the division of Condé Nast which publishes more than 100 magazines and 80 branded websites in 24 markets globally. Coleridge is also the Managing Director of Condé Nast in Britain, the magazine publishing house that includes Vogue, Glamour, GQ, The World of Interiors, House & Garden, Condé Nast Traveller, Tatler, Easy Living, Brides, Wired, Love, Vanity Fair, as well as Condé Nast Johansens.

William E. ‘Chip’ Connor
William E. Conner II is the chief executive officer of global services conglomerate, The Connor Group. "Chip" runs the privately held sourcing and logistics business William E. Connor & Associates that his father started in Tokyo after World War II. It now sources consumer products for more than 60 customers across 20 countries. His collection of vintage race cars appears annually at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. He regularly appears on Forbes’ The World Billionaires List.

Lapo Elkann
Lapo Eduard Elkann (born October 7, 1977) is a New York-born Italian entrepreneur and heir of the famous Agnelli Family, owners of the Fiat Automobiles Group. He has been manager of brand promotion at Fiat Automobiles and is currently president of LA Holding, Italia Independent and Independent Ideas. Beginning his career as a marketing associate for Ferrari and Maserati, he went on to become became Fiat's Director of Marketing where he coordinated the reinvention of classics like the Fiat Punto and Fiat 500. He received the America Award of the Italy-USA Foundation in 2011.
In 2011, Lapo supported the development of the 500 by Gucci, a special edition of the car he relaunched years before, on which he worked along with Gucci's creative director Frida Giannini.

The Hon. Sir Michael Kadoorie
Sir Michael David Kadoorie, GBS (born 1941, Hong Kong) is a business executive and philanthropist. As of March 2011, he is the 6th wealthiest person in Hong Kong and 144th wealthiest person in the world with the wealth of his family estimated to be 6.1 billion US dollars according to Forbes' annual list of billionaires. Kadoorie is the Chairman of CLP Holdings Ltd., the utility company that provides electricity to 75% of Hong Kong as sole. He is also the Chairman of the family's second largest listed group, The Hong Kong and Shanghai Hotels, owners and operators of the world-renowned Peninsula Hotel Group.
A photography buff, Kadoorie is also a helicopter pilot and a fan of classic cars. He is the owner of a number of rare automobiles including a Bugatti Type 57, a 1932 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Thrupp & Maberly, a 1934 Hispano-Suiza J12 Van Vooren Cabriolet, a 1969Lamborghini Miura P400 S, a 1924 Vauxhall 30-98 Tourer and a Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost.

Simon Kidston
Simon Kidtson is renowned Vintage Automobiles dealer and owner of Kidston SA, based in Geneva, a vintage consultancy which in less than five years since its foundation in 2006 has become synonymous with Private Treaty sales of the worlds rarest motor cars. Kidston started his career as an assistant in the car auction department at Coys, taking over as the director three years later. In 1996 he co-founded Brooks (now Bonhams) Europe and over the next decade was responsible for staging high profile automobile events such as the annual LES GRANDES MARQUES À MONACO Sale in Monte Carlo, also creating the Ferrari auction in Gstaad and the PUR SANG À LONGCHAMP Sale in Paris.
He judges and commentates at the famed Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance and for the past ten years has been 'the voice' of the Villa d’Este Concours in Italy and, more recently, the Mille Miglia. He also writes regular columns for Sports Car Market, Classic Cars and Ramp magazines and has presented the World’s Finest Cars shows on Smithsonian Networks TV in the USA.
Simon is the nephew of 1920s aviation record breaker and Bentley Boy, Commander Glen Kidston.

Sir Stirling Moss
Sir Stirling Craufurd Moss, OBE FIE (Fellow of the Institute of Engineers) (born 17 September 1929 in London) is a former racing driver from England. His success in a variety of categories placed him among the world's elite—he is often called "the greatest driver never to win the World Championship".
Moss was a pioneer in the British Formula One racing scene and placed second in the Drivers' Championship four times in a row from 1955 to 1958. Moss raced from 1948 to 1962 and won 212 of the 529 races he entered, including 16 Formula One Grands Prix. He competed in as many as 62 races in a single year and drove 84 different makes of car over the course of his racing career, including Lotus, Vanwall, Maserati, Jaguar, Ferrari and Porsche.
In more recent years he continued to race in historic competition, including racing his own OSCA FS372 during the 2009 season. On 9 June 2011 during the Le Mans Legends qualifying session Sir Stirling Moss announced his retirement from racing to listeners on Radio Le Mans.

Prof.Gordon Murray
Gordon Murray (born 18 June 1946 in Durban, South Africa), is a renowned designer of Formula One race cars and the McLaren F1 road car.
Murray established the Gordon Murray Design in July, 2007 – a specialized automotive design firm servicing high profile racing car companies.
On 17 November 2008 Gordon Murray won the ‘Idea of the Year’ accolade at Autocar magazine’s annual awards ceremony for the manufacturing process of the proposed T.25 prototype. Murray also independently designed the Rocket, an ultra-lightweight, open cockpit roadster powered by a 1-litre motorcycle engine. Murray is also contributing editor for American Road & Track.

Marc Newson, CBE
Marc Andrew Newson CBE (born 20 October 1963) is a successful industrial designer who works in aircraft design, product design, furniture design, jewellery, and clothing. He is widely recognized for his signature use of design style known as biomorphism to his various designs. Newson co-founded and owns the Ikepod watch company.
In 2005, he was selected as one of Time magazine's 100 most influential people of the year. His work has become amongst the highest selling in auctions. One of his three Lockheed Lounge chairs sold for $968,000 at Sotheby's in 2006, and £1,100,000 at a 2009 auction at Phillips de Pury & Company. Newson was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2012 New Year Honours for services to design.
Every year he races one of his four vintage sports cars - an Aston Martin, a Lamborghini, a Ferrari and a Cisitalia, in the Italian Mille Miglia.

Phil Read, MBE
Phillip William Read was born on 1st January 1939 in Luton, England and is the eight-time world champion motorcycle road racer nicknamed "The Prince of Speed." He was the first man to win world championships in the 125cc, 250cc and 500cc classes. He was an active racer from 1960-1982 and his last race was at the Isle of Man TT in 1982 at the age of 43. The FIM (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme) named him a Grand Prix "Legend" in 2002.
A less well-known aspect of Read's career was his involvement in endurance racing. He rode a Honda in the 24-hour Bol d'Or endurance race at Le Mans; and he was a two-time winner of the Thruxton 500 endurance race.

Peter Stevens
Professor Peter Stevens (born 1945) is a British car designer. He is one of the UK’s best-known and most sought-after international transportation and product designers.
Having worked as a design consultant for most of his career, he spent five years as chief designer at Lotus Cars in the 1980s where he developed the Esprit revision and designed the Lotus Elan. He became then became Chief Designer at McLaren Cars and was responsible for the design of the McLaren F1. He was later appointed as design director at the MG Rover Group in 2000.
Currently, Stevens, in the guise of Peter Stevens Design LLP is a consultant designer and is also a Visiting Professor of Vehicle Design at London's prestigious Royal College of Art.
Twice nominated as the UK’s Prince Philip Designer of the Year, Peter Stevens has won numerous honours for his work including 2002 Automotive Designer of the Year by AutoCar Magazine. His work includes creating road and race cars for McLaren, Lamborghini, BMW, Lotus, MG Rover and Prodrive His well-known designs include the McLaren F1 road car, the 1999 Le Mans-winning BMW, the Lotus Elan, Subaru’s Impreza P1 and world rally series–winning WRC as well as Jaguar’s XJR-15.

Jean Todt
Jean Todt (born 25 February 1946) is a French motor sport executive. After a successful career as a rally co-driver he made his reputation in motor sport management, first with Peugeot Talbot Sport, then with Scuderia Ferrari, before being appointed Chief Executive Officer of Ferrari from 2004 to 2008. Since 23 October 2009 he has been President of the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA).
Under his direction, Peugeot won 4 World Rally Championship titles (drivers and manufacturers), triumphed 4 times in the Paris-Dakar Rally, and were twice victorious in the Le Mans 24 Hours. During his time at Ferrari, the Scuderia won a total 13 Formula One World Championship titles (drivers and manufacturers).

Roger Werner
Roger L. Werner is an American businessman and cable TV executive. Werner is the current director, President and Chief Executive Officer at the Outdoor Channel. Before holding this position Werner served as the founder of Speedvision (now Speed Channel) and Outdoor Life Network (now Versus). Previously he was the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operating Officer of ESPN.
He currently serves as Chairman of the Board of WATV, LLC, a private sports programming and Production Company. Werner is a self proclaimed vintage automobiles enthusiast and routinely appears on TV documentaries about rare American automobiles.

Bernard Fornas
Mr. Bernard Fornas has been Joint Deputy Chief Executive Officer at Compagnie Financiere Richemont SA. Mr. Fornas served as the Chief Executive Officer of Cartier S.A., a subsidiary of Compagnie Financiere Richemont SA until December 31, 2012. He served as Chief Executive Officer of CARTIER International SNC since 2002. Mr. Fornas worked with a number of companies in the consumer products field, prior to joining Cartier as International Marketing Director in 1994 and subsequently served as Chief Executive of Baume & Mercier. Mr. Fornas served as a Director of Richemont SA since 2002. Mr. Fornas graduated from Lyon Business School and holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management.
Mr. Fornas has now been appointed as General Manager, Richemont group.

Mr. Alain de Cadenet - Master Of Ceremonies
Mr. Alain is the master of ceremonies at the event as well as the earlier two Cartier shows in India. and does not own or drive a modern car or motorcycle. He only drives and races vintage and classics and also pilots biplanes and speedboats. He has maintained, restored and judged at various Concours and has made TV shows on every genre of 2 and 4 wheeled machines one can think of.

Last edited by V-16 : 11th February 2013 at 02:27.
V-16 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks