Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 11:19   #136
BHPian

re: Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)

Deepak, Manvendra, accompanied by Behram Ardeshir did visit the resto shop a couple of weeks ago to see the Ronnie Khan Bentley. However that Bentley will not be at Cartier 2013 for sure. Meanwhile attempts to get the turf club as the venue continue. A beautiful setting, worthy of Cartier , and of course the cars. Has the Chevy received an invite??
Old 15th November 2012, 16:46   #137
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Deepak, Manvendra, accompanied by Behram Ardeshir did visit the resto shop a couple of weeks ago to see the Ronnie Khan Bentley. However that Bentley will not be at Cartier 2013 for sure. Meanwhile attempts to get the turf club as the venue continue. A beautiful setting, worthy of Cartier , and of course the cars. Has the Chevy received an invite??
I was hoping the Bentley would finally make an appearance, what an imposing car. No news on the Chevy. A lovely 36 Cadillac convertible is apparently coming in from Hyd.
Old 17th November 2012, 12:56   #138
BHPian

Tweety bird just flew in with the news that a little over fourty cars have been confirmed . In the Indian heritage class, Karl is in, so Karl, full speed ahead for the restoration. Can you please share with us pictures of your work in progress? What colour are you thinking of ? Hope to chat with you about the resto in M war.
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 11:42   #139
Senior - BHPian

So Tweety has some interesting news again. Congrats to Karl for his Landmaster being selected for starters along with a Fiat from Mumbai, wonder who's it is ! BTW when did the Landmaster get the confirmation as apparently others are still waiting to hear back from the selector !

Tweety says there is an issue with the original venue,someting to do with size, horse events, catering ect so the event may now be shifting to Taj Landsend at Bandra.

That may mean that there may not be 80 entries, either some categories will be axed, or entries reduced for various categories. And there may be no drive by. Also, some guests will now be put up in Bandra, understandibly all are not so happy about that.

Sandra Button is supposed to be a confirmed visitor, as is Sir Stiling Moss
wasif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 16:18   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, though the car was painted black a long time back. Still plenty to be done though.

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-landmaster01.jpg
Old 18th November 2012, 18:46   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif
So Tweety has some interesting news again. Congrats to Karl for his Landmaster being selected for starters along with a Fiat from Mumbai, wonder who's it is !.
it is a 1957 fiat 1100 103E also known as dukkar fiat :-) owned by Team Bhpian "the president"
the mole is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 22:53   #142
BHPian

Well, I knew that Karl had received his invite. Great to know so has Roni. Both team bhp members, will do this forum proud. Karl, we had land masters for years. If you need any help, you only have to ask. Your picture seems to suggest a higher than normal riding height. maybe you could check the height specified in the manual? All the best.
Bulldogji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 09:36   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Well, I knew that Karl had received his invite. Great to know so has Roni. Both team bhp members, will do this forum proud. Karl, we had land masters for years. If you need any help, you only have to ask. Your picture seems to suggest a higher than normal riding height. maybe you could check the height specified in the manual? All the best.
Super news indeed Karl and Rony. Please feel absolutely free to let me know if I could be of any help. Would be more than delighted to add value to the best of my ability. It is indeed very heartening to hear that Cartier gives an opportunity to "Joe Collectors" such as us to exhibit our pride and joy. Proud moment for folks like me.
67Bug is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 09:56   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=Bulldogji;2965731] Well, Karl had received his invite. Great to know so has Roni. Both team bhp members, will do this forum proud.[quote]

Dear Karl and Roni - congratulations. If you need any help with the Fiat, just let me know.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 12:42   #145
BHPian

Karl, if you need someone to push the car or to distract over-attentive judges, I'm you man :-)
Philedonos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 14:27   #146
Senior - BHPian

Tweetie was apparently right again, just wondering why organisers and participants are so secretive about the whole event. What is there to hide?

67 BUG, this is not about Joe Collectors or cars anymore, it is about personalities and connectivity. Sadly quite a few worthier vehicles are being left out. Tweetie told me stories which will surprise you, but I don't want my posts edited.""
Old 19th November 2012, 15:25   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
67 BUG, this is not about Joe Collectors or cars anymore, it is about personalities and connectivity. Sadly quite a few worthier vehicles are being left out. Tweetie told me stories which will surprise you, but I don't want my posts edited.""
I love surprises Wasifbhai, let the wait not be too long as I love hearing stories. Might be in your part of world before year end,
Old 19th November 2012, 16:54   #148
BHPian

Wasif, The Cartier shows were always about personalities, connectivity, lifestyle etc. SO, worthy cars, at least considered so by genuine enthusiasts, were not , and will not, be a priority. We just have to accept that its their show. It really is then upto those invited, whether or not they wish to participate. Having said that, I must confess to have had a nice time at the two shows held. Tweety states that the venue is giving them a lot of headaches, perhaps, the Indian heritage class may be cancelled, due to paucity of space. Of course we still hope they are successful in getting the turf club . Bombay does not have a better setting for such a show, at least according to me.
Old 19th November 2012, 21:40   #149
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Thanks, though the car was painted black a long time back. Still plenty to be done though.
Congrats Karl. With your exposure at Pebble Beach, guess you know the restoration standards you need to reach!. I would be very disappointed if you do not detail the car the way Amal did for his Caddy!

Congrats to Ronnie too. Guess now that your cars are chosen, hopefully the venue will accommodate the Indian Heritage Class. The Landy woody from Kerala which should have reached Mumbai by now could have been another entry in this class

All the best.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 22:37   #150
Senior - BHPian

The venue , the cars , the sponsors, the categories , the enthusiasts , the detailing , the practicality & the secrecy .

All can be put in the order of what one feels . It's so sad that so many owners and enthusiast can collaborate and help each other. But that is the privilege of a few only.

Cheers
kasli is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks