Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2007, 20:52   #46
BHPian

Congrats Gogi and Mole,
Gogi I missed seeing your car the other nite when we met.. But it sure is a treat to the eyes..
Cheerssssss
Old 16th April 2007, 22:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

thanks for all the congratulations guys...all the team BHPians who came at the awards had a great time...hope this is the begining of more awards for team BHPians at vintage rallies...what say V16?
Old 16th April 2007, 22:49   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

what a great time we had...special thanks to gogi "is that gopi?" singh for playing the perfect host...! as always hes also done a great report, and believe me, the best IS yet to come if i know what he means...

cheers
Old 16th April 2007, 23:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics Gogi. Your babies are glowing and yes I am waiting for the best

Gogi remember the kid reading your car name plate and saying " Is that Gogi Singh?" Man that was hillarious
Old 17th April 2007, 01:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

Part-II

.......Continued...

I love this race ready Lancia. The exhaust note on this one would put many a modified muffler note to shame.

The Mercedes contingent: A Red 170V convertible along side The Mole's immaculate and prize-winning. Amol, truly a fantastic car and a job very well done.

This is one car that should have got everyone's attention. A very rare 1971 Aston Martin DBS. Unfortunately it was chugging and gasping rather than roaring away. Seeing its poor upkeep, it was evident that it had been neglected. Well not too late to start. The young driver looked keen to get her back to pristine condition. Hope he does get around doing it.

The Majestic Mercedes 300 S, convertible.

The Cute "Bug", a VW Beetle in spanking condition. This bug won a prize too.

This Ford GPW, Jeep had been driven all the way from Hyderabad for this event. It even got a prize for this.Tough Looks the part but very unoriginal. Would not get my vote. due to unoriginality.

Why does it have a key starter? There were no keys to this Jeep originally. Instead it has a switch and the starter button was placed on the flooring near the brake and clutch pedals like a foot light beam dipper button.
Also this very jeep runs on either cng or lpg as is evident by the petrol-gas "switch over" switch seen clearly at 5' O clock. The meters are all out of place, most of them not even being original.

ET Phone Home??!! The gas switch is clearly noticable here.

THE MODERN CLASSICS

Some cars become instant classics when they are released in the market. For instance, this Ferrari 308 GTS.

And this Humungous Hummer/Humvee. Maybe Hummer was derived from the word Humungous?!!

What about this Mercedes SL55 AMG. It has a custom paint job and looks like its made of polished steel.

What a way to make a statement. Monstrous quad exhausts that sound as good as they look.

And these black AMG wheels look like a million bucks

This C class is not a classic by itself but in its Lorinser get up it sure is. Dual exhausts mean either a dud exhaust for show or else shes got a V-6 under her hood minimum. Nice wheels.

The Rare Oldie Goldies

The evergreen Buick Roadmaster

An immaculate 1934 Rolls Royce 20/25

The Royal 1937 Rolls Phantom-III

The Majestic Rolls Royce

Still more to come....!!
Old 17th April 2007, 03:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Excellent pics Gogi. Your babies are glowing and yes I am waiting for the best

Gogi remember the kid reading your car name plate and saying " Is that Gogi Singh?" Man that was hillarious
You bet buddy!!

...Part Three..Gopi Singh reporting

There were some Glam Pics we took keeping you folks in mind. A little light hearted look at the Rally. No offence meant to anyone. Please take this in the right spirit...preferably scotch on the rocks!!

Heres Sunil Gavaskar caught deep in thought while chomping a croissant.

Aree yeh to apna deep thoughted Dippy hai yaar, armed with a Croissant in hand...."Wah Kya Croissant hai!". Seriously, does'nt he look like Sunny in the pic above?

2L8uloose gesticulating obscenely at the Mercedes. There was some talk about "hose-pipe" comparison. Dippy in the background is wondering what hes doing around people who make, such not so august, gestures. Meanwhile I had scooted away expecting such behaviour and can be seen leaving in a red t-shirt, between 2L8 and the embarrased photographer.

A little solace from the scorching heat

A Packard 120. "Driver A/C ka switch kahan hai?"

Its Good to know that more and more members of the fairer sex are getting interested in vehicles of yesteryear.

Someone tell her the grooms not coming. He changed his mind.

A Morris Minor with an all womens team. It also had a carton of Sun Block lotion on the rear seat.

This so called celebrity(?) flagged off the rally and maintained ONE expression all throughout. You have to be very talented to keep a singular expression at all times. This talent of singular expressing must have got her the roles in Bollywood im sure. Please notice the expression in all the pics. Besides her immense talent, she is also well recognised for a couple of good reasons.

Some serious inspection going on

"Will someone please tell me the difference between a K&N and an Aquaguard filter??"

"Dude where do you think you're going with that bag? Its mine"

"Im not turning right, just drying my nail polish!!"

"Kya dekh raha hai Beh? Never seen a lady with a half eaten frankie in her back pocket kya?"

....More SERIOUS pics Coming

Last edited by Dippy : 17th April 2007 at 09:58. Reason: Have PMed
Old 17th April 2007, 03:18   #52
Team-BHP Support

Hey V-16, Rtech & eGangsta,

Absolutely superb pictures and report!!!

And to think that people were saying that the turnout woud not be that good this time due to the heat !

I'm amazed how some of these cars came out of the woodwork.... simply amazing to think of how many more there must be!

As for the lorinser C-class, im guessing that the second muffler is just a dabba. I had seen a blue lorinser E-class (possibly owned by the same people) and that was the case for that one, no V6.

I had a question about the 308 - assuming it still belongs to Mallya (as mentioned in many articles), it always shows up for these rallies... any particular reason? How many other cars there were from Mallya's collection?

Also, can we please have more pics of the Triumph that Rtech posted ??

And congrats to the mole & V16! Many more to come...

cya
R
Old 17th April 2007, 04:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

@ Rehaan- ure right. Ive also seen that E-class. its a 270cdi and sports a lorinser kit with horrendious chrome thingies on the rear lights. Yeah that had a dud pipe for sure

part-IV t\The Conclusion

The following are my picks from my album. Tell me what you think of them

TWO BUICKS

THE RR STORY

THE 20/25

FERRARI ART

Now for The Casualties

The Aston

The Jag

The Ford

And yet another casualty

@ Rehaan- Is this the MG TC that you were refering to?

Thats a Rare Karl with Moral

The parting pics

The Terrific Trio:

Trio and the Lady....The spirit of Ecstacy, also reflecting in their smiles

Looks like this guys staring at us from behind Jail bars

Post Finished, Pictoral report ended, Please feel free to comment.
Reporter Gopi Singh signing off.....G'nite you owls!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th April 2007 at 05:07. Reason: same
Old 17th April 2007, 04:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Gopi Singh - Thank you so much for the pictures they were great!!!! Now where can I get a full-res set of pictures??? Also please ensue that all birds have been captured properly in them

Looks like you guys had great fun at the event, looking forward to attending one of these events soon!!
Old 17th April 2007, 08:00   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the win themole and v16

and as always thanks a lot for the pictures v16 nd Egangsta, makes it a lil easier for people like me who couldnt make it.
Old 17th April 2007, 11:00   #56
Team-BHP Support

We had a wonderful time. Thanks Gogi for being a perfect host. It was a pleasure on the rally with you guys around. Pics from my side coming up later tonight.
Old 17th April 2007, 11:45   #57
Team-BHP Support

Here's my set of pictures -

VCCI Rally 15Apr06
Old 17th April 2007, 12:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Here's my set of pictures -

VCCI Rally 15Apr06
Great pics Moral, and the "Cooper" and "Mini Cooper" ones are priceless!!
Old 17th April 2007, 13:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

Moral and Gopi ,

Awesome pictures and reports but is it just me or others too who can't see the "light hearted post pics" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
looking forward to attending one of these events soon!!
hahahaha

Last edited by normally_crazy : 17th April 2007 at 13:30.
Old 17th April 2007, 13:42   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great pics Moral, and the "Cooper" and "Mini Cooper" ones are priceless!!
LOL. I wanted to put them up here for everyone's view but then it takes a lot of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Moral and Gopi ,

Awesome pictures and reports but is it just me or others too who can't see the "light hearted post pics" ?
Glad you liked them Gautam. The light hearted one's posted by V-16 have been removed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks