Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2010, 11:03   #2071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Someone mentioned Heritage Club of India/VCCI supporting members with documentation which is suppose to be accepted by RTO's in case of lack of invoice etc. Have you spoken to the your local chapter pawan? ....
This is incorrect, and I am not sure if you are referring to one of my earlier posts.
VCCCI (note, 3 "C") has been authorised by a notification to issue a certificate on the basis of which RTO would issue new documentation for vehicles where no documentation exists. An undertaking in a prescribed format is also required. Invoices do not come into the picture at all. And the rate of tax, lifetime is Rs 500/- for pre 1940 cars, Rs 1000/- for cars between 1941 to 1950 and Rs 2000/- for cars between 1951 to 1960/-. This is a flat rate, no relation to engine size or cost when new. So no invoice is required. This is a fascility theoretically available to cars in Maharashtra, which enthusiasts of other states can just drool about. And the irony is that the local club VCCCI is very selective about this.
To the best of my knowledge, this fascility is available only in Maharashtra.

Cheers harit
Old 13th March 2010, 11:42   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Yes I was referring to your posts noted thx
Old 13th March 2010, 19:04   #2073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This is incorrect, and I am not sure if you are referring to one of my earlier posts.
VCCCI (note, 3 "C") has been authorised by a notification to issue a certificate on the basis of which RTO would issue new documentation for vehicles where no documentation exists. An undertaking in a prescribed format is also required. Invoices do not come into the picture at all. And the rate of tax, lifetime is Rs 500/- for pre 1940 cars, Rs 1000/- for cars between 1941 to 1950 and Rs 2000/- for cars between 1951 to 1960/-. This is a flat rate, no relation to engine size or cost when new. So no invoice is required. This is a fascility theoretically available to cars in Maharashtra, which enthusiasts of other states can just drool about. And the irony is that the local club VCCCI is very selective about this.
To the best of my knowledge, this fascility is available only in Maharashtra.

Cheers harit
Thats soothing news harit.It would be helpful if the Office Memorandum issued in this regard from the office of the Transport Commissioner, Govt of Maharashtra is available. Maybe I will have lodge an RTI application 9under the RTI Act 2005) to get hold of this document.
Old 14th March 2010, 13:30   #2074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thats soothing news harit.It would be helpful if the Office Memorandum issued in this regard from the office of the Transport Commissioner, Govt of Maharashtra is available. Maybe I will have lodge an RTI application 9under the RTI Act 2005) to get hold of this document.
What is so soothing I do not know. This fascility has been available since at least 15(?) years. Just go through old pictures of vintage cars in Mumbai. I think the first cars were BLB registered.
If you do an RTI, please ask for the VCCCI charter too. You will be in for a good education.

Cheers harit
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:44   #2075
BHPian

Now that the vintage bug has bitten me, i decided to bite it back. Planning to pick up these two beauties.

Yellow car: Runs a matador engine as of now and is not being used.
Black/Blue: Engine work is yet to be done and has met with a accident on the front right.

Please suggest if it would be worth restoring it and if yes could I get parts and from where. Not sure what models are these exactly.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-mb.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-mb2.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-mb3.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-mb4.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-mb5.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-mb6.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-mb7.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-mb8.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2010, 15:51   #2076
BHPian

Looks good dude but be aware its a merc & spares are expyso the resto might drill a hole in your pocket specially the front headlight.

Good luck with the resto dude.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:31   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash View Post
Now that the vintage bug has bitten me, i decided to bite it back. Planning to pick up these two beauties.

Black/Blue: Engine work is yet to be done and has met with a accident on the front right.

Please suggest if it would be worth restoring it and if yes could I get parts and from where. Not sure what models are these exactly.

The yellow one is a W110 'Heckflosse' of fintail. These cars are gaining in value,and are quite collectible nowadays, but This one is not really worth anything thanks to the engine. Also, the body seems to be in quite a bad shape, and rust repair on mercs are a pain to fix. I believe this car is somewhere in kerala, coz i remember seeing an ad for this one a few year back. it was in better condition though.

The blue one is w W123. Not too rare a model, and This one being a LHD 200, is the least desirable of them all. The ones to go for are the 300D's and the 240D's.

What price is he asking for it? Unless you get both of these for a really really throwaway price, i'd say, skip these. If you look a lil more, i'm sure u'll find better examples of the same.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:02   #2078
BHPian

I kind of like the yellow fintail. But looks like a lot of work given the need for an engine! I cam across quite a few better looking cars but all with non original engines so gave it a pass.

Anyways how much are they asking? And hope they are all Karnataka registered or you will have a bigger problem.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:50   #2079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
VCCCI (note, 3 "C") has been authorised by a notification to issue a certificate on the basis of which RTO would issue new documentation for vehicles where no documentation exists. An undertaking in a prescribed format is also required. Invoices do not come into the picture at all. And the rate of tax, lifetime is Rs 500/- for pre 1940 cars, Rs 1000/- for cars between 1941 to 1950 and Rs 2000/- for cars between 1951 to 1960/-. This is a flat rate, no relation to engine size or cost when new. So no invoice is required. This is a fascility theoretically available to cars in Maharashtra,Cheers harit
Harit
what is meant by (issure new documentation and where no documents exists)?
does that mean unregistered vehicles?
regards

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 22nd March 2010 at 17:51.
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:04   #2080
Senior - BHPian

Abhilash they are not beauties
The Yellow Heckflosse is a touch me not until you get it almost free. The body line is atrocious and looking by the way it is i have a feeling its a film shooting car and has been battered many a time. The contours have been buggered to kingdom come and you will have to do a full ground up restoration project on it.. Then the issue of getting an engine and parts. Body parts you better forget, they are almost extict in India and as expensive as gold out of the country and that goes for the rubbers etc.

Re the W123, io think if its running, you should not spend more than 45k on purchasing it. You will get better complete cars with as much or lesser work for around 50k.

My tip: let both of them be until offered free.
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:16   #2081
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash View Post

DONT EVER PICK THAT FINTAIL IF ITS NOT OFFERED FREE

I have gone through one Fintail restoration, since 5 years, i've been building that car inch by inch, after 5 yrs i've now been able to start the engine. But getting parts for that car is become a affair.

And as on date the car is still not ready to be roadworthy.
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:57   #2082
BHPian

you can pay for the fuelcap the steering wheel and the meter of the yellow merc the rest of the car can be rested because there is so much to say the front &rear is collapsed and in junk condition
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:16   #2083
BHPian

Here's a very nice original 72 Mercedes 220 gas that's worth considering for sale. Contact sanjay @ 98 3103 8898
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-img_6224.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_6194.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_6201.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_6202.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_6216.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_6218.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_6196.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_6197.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2010, 08:45   #2084
BHPian

thank you all for the advice and suggestions. this came my way thru a friend so thought will check up with the experts here.

thanks once again for saving me from the disaster.

btw: yellow quoted price is 1.25 lac and other car 90k (both non nego)

Now i understand why its resting in the same place for more than a year now.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:50   #2085
BHPian

Abhilash if ypu are keen there is a decent condition W123 240 D -1985 model in Bangalore. You may call the owner Bharat on +91 9901878174.

You can refer my name (Darshan) when you call.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks