Old 29th September 2012, 10:33   #3526
Senior - BHPian

re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
few vintage cars for sale.
http://ludhiana.olx.in/vintage-cars-...-iid-441948356
the more appropriate thread would have been rusting and disintegrating classics
None are anywhere near 1920. 1930 onwards, I know that Ford A's were available from 1928 but can't be bothered to research this.
They are on this post as they are for sale, but are candidates for rust in peace till a karigar gets his hands on them

Cheers harit
Old 29th September 2012, 12:13   #3527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
None are anywhere near 1920. 1930 onwards, I know that Ford A's were available from 1928 but can't be bothered to research this.
They are on this post as they are for sale, but are candidates for rust in peace till a karigar gets his hands on them

Cheers harit
The Model A ford should be a 30/31 model judging by the 17 inch rims as opposed to the 22 inch ones that came earlier. When i spoke to the guy he mentioned that the Rover was a 1939/40 and the Morris a 1938 Model.

Also he only has papers for the Ford and wants to sell all three cars together for an astronomical price because he feels that just for a lakh of rupees each they will be back to showroom condition

On the plus side he claims all the cars belonged to his uncle and are single owner cars
Old 29th September 2012, 13:06   #3528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivraj88 View Post
The Model A ford should be a 30/31 model judging by the 17 inch ...............
Ford A has 21" rims for 1928/29, thereafter 19". 17" would be on the Morris. Rover maybe 16", but it does not really matter
If you are interested in the cars, give an offer and follow up occasionally. One day prices may come to more realistic levels.

Cheers harit
Old 29th September 2012, 13:16   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivraj88 View Post
The Model A ford should be a 30/31 model judging by the 17 inch rims as opposed to the 22 inch ones that came earlier...On the plus side he claims all the cars belonged to his uncle and are single owner cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
If you are interested in the cars, give an offer and follow up occasionally. One day prices may come to more realistic levels.
Good to see you participating here, Shivraj.

Harit, he's a young enthusiast, who got into the hobby going against his family's advice, and now they're enthusiastic too! He could benefit much from your experience.

Sorry about the OT post, folks. But I was really impressed with young Shivraj's enthu wrt vintage and classic automobiles, and by the gusto with which he attended the Zapps' evening in Delhi. He's built up a small collection already.

Back to Fords, Morrises and Rovers...

Last edited by karlosdeville : 29th September 2012 at 21:59. Reason: On request
Prabal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2012, 18:36   #3530
Senior - BHPian

http://thrissur.olx.in/1958-ohv-amba...-iid-442425717
This ad has a headline ""FULL ORIGINALITY""
Engine-diesel matador, gear box changed, alloy wheels, no lucas lamps and cannot comprehend why say like that!!
no comments about the price tag
Old 29th September 2012, 19:56   #3531
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
http://thrissur.olx.in/1958-ohv-amba...-iid-442425717
This ad has a headline ""FULL ORIGINALITY""
Engine-diesel matador, gear box changed, alloy wheels, no lucas lamps and cannot comprehend why say like that!!
no comments about the price tag
On a lighter note, apart from the above, the car is also fitted with a LIVER! which goes 'on' and 'off', as the ad says!!

Last edited by Stanher : 29th September 2012 at 20:06.
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:30   #3532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal

Good to see you participating here, Shivraj.

Harit, he's a young enthusiast, who got into the hobby going against his family's advice, and now they're enthusiastic too! He could benefit much from your experience.

Sorry about the OT post, folks. But I was really impressed with young Shivraj's enthu wrt vintage and classic automobiles, and by the gusto with which he attended the Zapps' evening in Delhi. He's built up a small collection already.

Back to Fords, Morrises and Rovers...
Prabal,
Thank you for the introduction and the kind words...

@Harit - apologies i mistook them for the same 17 inch ones on the model B Ford. Forgot about the 19 inch ones that made an appearance for a couple of years
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:29   #3533
Senior - BHPian

another of the fake ads
http://newdelhi.olx.in/a-1939-vintag...-iid-442716286
Old 4th October 2012, 00:11   #3534
Distinguished - BHPian

A rather nice Triumph Herald 1200 convertible, a good chance for someone to own a genuine Herald convertible and an imported one, provided they can brave the price:

http://newdelhi.olx.in/triumph-heral...-iid-428135611
Old 9th October 2012, 17:11   #3535
BHPian

The latest Auto India has two superb Vintage cars for sale, a DeSoto and a Ford convertible. It sure will cost a bomb...
Old 10th October 2012, 07:59   #3536
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
The latest Auto India has two superb Vintage cars for sale, a DeSoto and a Ford convertible. It sure will cost a bomb...
Alas, you forgot to mention the 1967 Fiat that is advertised for sale in the same page .

The Desoto came from Andhra to Bangalore in the 1970's and was at one time owned by a senior KVCCC member who sold on. This car changed a few hands and was intially restored by the Late James in Seshadripuram. The current owner has had this car for some time.

The Ford came from Chennai in the 1990's also to a KVCCC member who sold on to another KVCCC member. The 2nd member sold on to the current owner.

Both the cars are in excellent condition and drive well.

Last edited by KPS : 10th October 2012 at 08:07. Reason: added lines
Old 10th October 2012, 10:47   #3537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Alas, you forgot to mention the 1967 Fiat that is advertised for sale in the same page .

The Desoto came from Andhra to Bangalore in the 1970's and was at one time owned by a senior KVCCC member who sold on. This car changed a few hands and was intially restored by the Late James in Seshadripuram. The current owner has had this car for some time.

The Ford came from Chennai in the 1990's also to a KVCCC member who sold on to another KVCCC member. The 2nd member sold on to the current owner.

Both the cars are in excellent condition and drive well.
I forgot about the Fiat when i saw these two beauties
Thanks in part to you, I reconnected with Ramesh and my Fiat is now in very good shape. Im sure you are aware now James' assistant Ramesh has opened shop right opposite James' old place. Hope he can hold on. This type of work doesn't look too remunerative...
Old 10th October 2012, 12:29   #3538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I forgot about the Fiat when i saw these two beauties
Thanks in part to you, I reconnected with Ramesh and my Fiat is now in very good shape. Im sure you are aware now James' assistant Ramesh has opened shop right opposite James' old place. Hope he can hold on. This type of work doesn't look too remunerative...
I am yet to read that Auto INDIA but a friend said that there is a fiat delite for sale at an Astronomical price!!!
Old 11th October 2012, 09:56   #3539
BHPian

I saw the ad today about the fiat. Hes quoting 3L for it. I think it is owned by the Editor of AutoInida or one of its main guys as his name keeps cropping up in Articles/write-ups etc. This is the car
http://www.google.co.in/imgres?q=fia...,r:10,s:0,i:99
Old 11th October 2012, 19:54   #3540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I saw the ad today about the fiat. Hes quoting 3L for it. I think it is owned by the Editor of AutoInida or one of its main guys as his name keeps cropping up in Articles/write-ups etc. This is the car
LOL...unbelievable! This car actually belongs to Mr. Behram Dhabhar, one of our very respected senior team bhpians, who's very knowledgeable on Fiats. His son Cyrus (who was also on team bhp earlier) works for Auto-India and it may be his name you've seen.

I'm not sure if it really is his car for sale though, as he never wanted to sell any of his Fiats!

Here's a thread on this car, they restored it extensively:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...iat-1100d.html

Last edited by Stanher : 11th October 2012 at 19:55.
Stanher is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks