Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 23:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

That looks fantastic Amol! So when do I get an exclusive peek at the two beauties??
Old 26th February 2008, 00:07   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
I can see a Fiat Super Select standing in one of the photographs. I was informed that Fiats are not allowed, otherwise I would have brought my MRY3112. Anyways, no point in doing post mortem. Just a request. Please provide correct information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
WHAT THE HELL..everyone told us that FIATS were not allowed..DAMN gogi bhai u should have informed na yar..
We were informed by Nitin Dossa himself that he will not allow Indian Fiat 1100s. The fact remains that 2 Indian built cars was entered. You can take it up with Nitin Dossa himself. We told you what he told us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
If fiats were not allowed, how did gogi manage to get his car in??
Gogi's car is an import, and a unique bodystyle compared to Indian built 1100s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
How can these cars be classified as classics? Didn't know the rules could be bent.
The rules clearly state the last category as "recent classics", meaning 1961 onwards. There is no cut off date, but entry is strictly at the VCCCIs descretion. I leave that to you to decipher.
Old 26th February 2008, 00:17   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The rules clearly state the last category as "recent classics", meaning 1961 onwards. There is no cut off date, but entry is strictly at the VCCCIs descretion. I leave that to you to decipher.
So basically it's a case of if they like it, it enters otherwise get out right??
Old 26th February 2008, 00:22   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
So basically it's a case of if they like it, it enters otherwise get out right??
Kind of. I have to sympathise with them here. If you want to accept current genreation exotic imports, they have to allow any current run-of-the-mill Mercedes sedan by that logic. You have to curtail the entries, plus want of parking space.
Old 26th February 2008, 11:11   #50
BHPian

Karl, my friend had planned to enter his Red & White super select. He had filled his form 6 months back and was following up with them regularly, first excuse he got was he had not attached the car photos, then after a month after getting no responce from then he called up again only to be told you have to send the chassis no print, again after doing that no response from them, giving them a call after one month, the reply he got was your form is lost, he just lost interest and said to hell with it.
Old 26th February 2008, 15:17   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Karl, my friend had planned to enter his Red & White super select. He had filled his form 6 months back and was following up with them regularly, first excuse he got was he had not attached the car photos, then after a month after getting no responce from then he called up again only to be told you have to send the chassis no print, again after doing that no response from them, giving them a call after one month, the reply he got was your form is lost, he just lost interest and said to hell with it.
Now that is just plain BULL. I have never attatched a photo, or a chassis print of the car in the past. If his form was lost, it is their duty to supply him with a fresh entry. He should very strongly take up this issue with the organisers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Would request someone who attended the Haig rally to post pictures of the vintage cars that came that day. Thanks

ps for some reason am not able to view pics on the santaji site
You can see those pics here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...cundrabad.html
Old 26th February 2008, 15:27   #52
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that is just plain BULL. I have never attatched a photo, or a chassis print of the car in the past. If his form was lost, it is their duty to supply him with a fresh entry. He should very strongly take up this issue with the organisers.

You can see those pics here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...cundrabad.html
Was referring to the Bombay rally
Old 26th February 2008, 16:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
WHAT THE HELL..everyone told us that FIATS were not allowed..DAMN gogi bhai u should have informed na yar..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
If fiats were not allowed, how did gogi manage to get his car in??
Sorry guys its not my fault.
I sent my entry a few days before the rally and got an acceptance, maybe because my car was an import. But there were three other fiats also, a super select and two 1957 Dukkars.
Please take up the issue with Mr. Dossa strongly. As it is, he keeps on saying that he gets no feed back from the people.
Sorry Cyrus, i had no idea you were not allowed to participate or were informed of otherwise. Even Feroze (Krissh) uncle said that he thought fiats were not allowed (but why not? If an ambassador can be allowed, then why not a Fiat?)
I feel if one wants the job done best, then one should do it themselves. In the future one should call and ask directly, this keeps miscommunication off and one has only oneself to blame.

The Other Fiats

1) The very clean Off-White Super Select standing next to my Special

2) The Metallic Blue (Wrong Shade) 57 with wrong colour shade, interiors, and exterior pattis. To top it all the side lights were also placed wrongly. All in all a bad restoration job. But the car looked clean otherwise

A very very clean and immaculate 57. The cleanest I have so far seen. Mint to the core

Quote:
Now that is just plain BULL. I have never

attatched a photo, or a chassis print of the car in the past. If his form was lost, it is their duty to supply him with a fresh entry. He should very strongly take up this issue with the organisers.
I agree with Karl. If this is really the case one can really take VCCVI's case.
Old 26th February 2008, 16:53   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Karl you can hear it directly from the owner the next time you meet him at the Fiat rally and even Digamber will confirm it if you want. Now its upto the owner if he wants to take up the issue with Mr Dossa.
Old 26th February 2008, 17:00   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Heres a few that I really liked.

Superb Buick Skylark. Note the thoughtfully detailed numberplate, in typical yankee style.

This Amby was a really superb example, with tremendous attention to detail, and all the original hard to find bits.

2 cars shared the Concours if I remember right, the Mercedes K type, and this imposing Caddy V8. The Caddy was recently painted in Pune, and earlier was a regular at the Calcutta Statesman rallies, with a strange regn bearing LW at the end. What does that mean? (See pic)

The other car in the limelight was the famed K type Mercedes of Vijay Mallya. The car was in terrific virgin condition earlier (you would have seen pics of it elsewhere on the forum), and has recently been redone, which is a shame according to me. There was no need to mess with the charming well aged paint and upholstry, and that dash pattern just looks tacky. The excess stainless steel and whitewalls dont help either. Attached is an earlier pic of the dash.

This 170V Mercedes err...added colour to the event.

Sleek Hudson Pacemaker, also featured earlier on the forum.

Some neat Fords, including a dicky seat roadster and Model T

Flashy fifty nine Bel Air, with Scoobys Impala peeking in.

Old 26th February 2008, 17:08   #56
Senior - BHPian

Some more car pics

One of the the cleanest Mercedes Pontons I have seen, owned by The Mole. I think it is also the oldest on the road in India. Correct me if im wrong Amol. Beautiful and immaculate restoration job.

a suggestion Amol, I think white walls would largely enhance the look of the otherwise superb car

The Ponton alongside a Dodge Custom which featured in the film "Om Shanti Om"

Another beauty from the Amol Nayak stables, a 1961 Rover

A Morris

The Centurian Wolsley - a 100 year old car

An immaculate and very very rare Hudson Pacemaker (the same car in Steeroids Avtar though I think steer might have had the Hornet as both look the same

A Mint 1961 Chevrolet Impala owned by Scooby from the forum

Another superbly restored Chevy, a 1959 Belair

Another American, A Buick Skylark convertible

The rear of the 59 Chevies, nicknamed the "Cat's Eye lens

A tale of two Chevies

Old 26th February 2008, 17:19   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of nice Citroens, and an immaculate Dodge Kingsway

A well styled Alfa Romeo, with what looks like an Alfa plate at the rear stating "Left Hand Driving"!

An eye catching 57 Fiat 1100, but not original in many respects, parked near Gogis Special.

A handful of superb Rovers, including the Mole's.

Old 26th February 2008, 17:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

OYE, Gogi, When did you Snap them!!?? great pics, The chevys look better in actuals though!
Old 26th February 2008, 17:43   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

This little Suzuki was a pleasant surprise. It was unbelievably tiny, yet Im sure it must be pretty potent.

This Wolseley completes a 100 years this year.

This battered Aston comes every year, and every year something more is falling off it. This year it was the side vent trim (visible in pic) and later the rear bumper.

A distant uncle of mine, Minoo Fitter, and his 1960 Vespa 150 that he bought brand new for a princely Rs 2550. The scoot is in still in such good shape that he can start it with his hand!

Old 26th February 2008, 17:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Classic and thought of GTO so this ones for you Mate
MAybe you could teach this guy a thing or two about restoring it

An immaculate Ford MB Jeep

The so called Mercedes 600K

Just for you Karl..what else, A Fiat

A superb Ford-T

The clean and fantastically restored Ambassador Mk-I

The clean and Mint 57 Fiat

An Austin Sprite surrounded by a posse of VW Beetles

Part Pics of a Suzuki SC100 Whizzkid and an Aston Martin DBS which needs immediate attention

Some more cars

Last edited by V-16 : 26th February 2008 at 18:01. Reason: Adding more pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks