Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 22:18   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH
Which over rider & guards are you referring to? Is it on the bumper? I think the guards were on later Beetles & the over riders were only on the American version.Please correct me if I am wrong
Yes, the bumper guards atleast and the over riders regarding them I stand corrected if they came only for American cars as on beetles I am not sure. Experts please help here

Cheers
Old 31st December 2011, 07:39   #122
BHPian

Re: photos of my cars-1

The bumpers on my Beetle are known as Blade Bumpers & originally,they neither have the riders nor guards.
Old 31st December 2011, 10:37   #123
Senior - BHPian

Running board rubber ?

No expert sir, but would there not be any kind of protection to these type bumpers.

The blue is really something. Trust all at home well and safe post cyclone Thane

Cheers

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
The bumpers on my Beetle are known as Blade Bumpers & originally,they neither have the riders nor guards.
Old 31st December 2011, 11:25   #124
BHPian

Over riders really do not protect bumpers.Guards (the extra horizontal member on top of the Bumper) was an addition for USA regulation.Blade bumpers are held & supported by steel brackets & I suppose that is adequate
Old 31st December 2011, 11:54   #125
BANNED

Quote:
Over riders really do not protect bumpers.Guards (the extra horizontal member on top of the Bumper) was an addition for USA regulation.Blade bumpers are held & supported by steel brackets & I suppose that is adequate
Sir, What people meant was the Guards for the bumper.

Few things that i noticed and felt i should let you know.

1) Infact all Economy models of Beetle's came with the over-riders minus the towel rail. That can be added anytime, so nothing to bother about.

2) And the Side step rubber, yes, you get regular Ridged rubbers in the market nowadays, so i think you can get them fitted by your upholstery guy.

3) Sir one more thing i wanted to ask..! Why a Post 67 body chrome trim beading installed..? It should be 1 inch thick.

4) The rear tail lights are very slightly mis-aligned, maybe a little adjustment would do the trick.

Below are the pics for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
photos of my cars-1-dsc00461.jpg  

photos of my cars-1-1964volkswagenbeetle1200_rear.jpg  

photos of my cars-1-vw_running_boards_11382150965.jpg  

Old 31st December 2011, 13:31   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are correct that they are known as blade bumpers ,but they did have the overriders and towel rails till 1968.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Sir, What people meant was the Guards for the bumper.

Few things that i noticed and felt i should let you know.

1) Infact all Economy models of Beetle's came with the over-riders minus the towel rail. That can be added anytime, so nothing to bother about.

2) And the Side step rubber, yes, you get regular Ridged rubbers in the market nowadays, so i think you can get them fitted by your upholstery guy.

3) Sir one more thing i wanted to ask..! Why a Post 67 body chrome trim beading installed..? It should be 1 inch thick.

4) The rear tail lights are very slightly mis-aligned, maybe a little adjustment would do the trick.

Below are the pics for your reference.
There is no version called the Economy model there are only standard versions and deluxe versions. 68 to 73 VW 1200 models(Euroversion) continued with blade bumpers (no overriders,etc).
Also the number plate light seems to be of the later model.It should have been the pope nose type if it is a 63
Also it always better to have the original Genuine VW running board rubber although rare and expensive,it is durable and finish and quality really stands out from the cheap local ridged rubber stuff (used for scooters) which some beetles here have

Last edited by ajay99 : 31st December 2011 at 13:33.
Old 31st December 2011, 14:09   #127
BHPian

Yes we had to do a lot of cost cutting at the end.Hence running boards & number plate lams were not attended to.
Old 31st December 2011, 14:10   #128
BHPian

Yes we had to do a lot of cost cutting at the end.Hence running boards & number plate lams were not attended to.For that matter hub caps also had to be replaced
Old 1st June 2012, 08:29   #129
BHPian

Members of team-bhp.......on another note, Congratulations to C.S Ananth on his son-in-law Vishwanathan Anand's 5th World Chess title.....no mean achievement, has done the country proud. I wish the Govt. would wake up & recognise this great sportsman.
rdcm1985 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 10:08   #130
Senior - BHPian

CONGRATULATIONS to Mr. C.S. Ananth & ofcourse to the most down to earth world champion.

I had an opportunity to meet Anand some years back & can say that I have never met a more humble being in my life.
I was in for a shock when after our brief & very pleasent conversation, the hotel staff told me that he was in fact THE Vishwanathan Anand.
In fact I sincerly wish that our Govt. stays put in her slumber & does not corrupt this fine gentleman.
Congratulations again.

Raab rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 1st June 2012 at 10:10.
Old 1st June 2012, 11:29   #131
BHPian

Dear All,
Thanks very much for your greetings and best wishes.Just to remove any doubts from my fellow bhpians mind.Anand can never,repeat,never, be corrupted by anyone.No need to worry in this regard!!
C.S.ANANTH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 12:15   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcm1985 View Post
Members of team-bhp.......on another note, Congratulations to C.S Ananth on his son-in-law Vishwanathan Anand's 5th World Chess title
Thanks, rdcm1985, for sharing this information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
In fact I sincerly wish that our Govt. stays put in her slumber & does not corrupt this fine gentleman
Haha, you do have a valid point there, although as Mr. Ananth says, Vishy is incorruptible. But our politicians and opinion makers (and this includes the advertisers, media, et all) do make a lot of effort to do so, for their selfish motives.

Quote:
Just to remove any doubts from my fellow bhpians mind.Anand can never,repeat,never, be corrupted by anyone.No need to worry in this regard!!
Congratulations, Mr. Ananth! So, another gem emerges from your amazing family of man and machine! Does the Grandmaster allow his father-in-law to win a game of chess occasionally?! Is Vishy (hope you don't mind my calling him that; we do so lovingly) fond of the old vehicles too? And, any addition to the fleet, or progress since last?

Regards,

P
Old 1st June 2012, 13:29   #133
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to C.S. Ananth and Vishwanathan Anand. We all regard Anand for his incerdible command over the came and humble being.

Never knew he was Son in law of C.S. Ananth. . Thanks rdcm1985 for the info.
Old 1st June 2012, 14:18   #134
BHPian

Thanks once again. Though my son in law and me share similar names (the spelling differs), I have never played chess and my son in law has never restored a car!!
Last addition to my collection is an 1936 Austin Light 12/4. Busy restoring my customers' cars and this Austin is still in queue.
C.S.ANANTH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 16:04   #135
BHPian

Congratulations to you and your family Sir and of course to Viswanathan Anand for this ultimate achievement and imparting a sense of pride among us Indians. Ever since I can remember, I have always heard and read about him as a world class player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcm1985 View Post
Members of team-bhp.......on another note, Congratulations to C.S Ananth on his son-in-law Vishwanathan Anand's 5th World Chess title.....no mean achievement, has done the country proud. I wish the Govt. would wake up & recognise this great sportsman.
Thanks for letting us know that Mr. Ananth's son-in-law is the man himself

Regards
mbz180

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks