Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2011, 10:36   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: India’s First International Concours D’Elegance - Pictures & Report

One thing I want t say is that AX 201 is "THE" Silver Ghost where as all others including the Nizams car, which is cnsiderably more important that any others, is still "a" Silver Ghost.

There is only one car in the world that is THE Silver Ghost and thats AX201.

Nizam's car is THE throne car and also A Silver Ghost. The raised rear seat gves the illusion of a "throne" hense the car picked up the name of Throne Car.

Thats the differnce between these two cars and once again I repeat they are importnat cars on their own merits and there is no yardstick that can be applied to compare them.
Old 31st January 2011, 13:07   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
One thing I want t say is that AX 201 is "THE" Silver Ghost where as all others including the Nizams car, which is cnsiderably more important that any others, is still "a" Silver Ghost.

There is only one car in the world that is THE Silver Ghost and thats AX201.

Nizam's car is THE throne car and also A Silver Ghost. The raised rear seat gves the illusion of a "throne" hense the car picked up the name of Throne Car.

Thats the differnce between these two cars and once again I repeat they are importnat cars on their own merits and there is no yardstick that can be applied to compare them.
I agree with Wasif, "The Silver Ghost" is a very very important car since that is the only car in the world that can actually be called a "Silver Ghost". Others are merely 40/50 hp Rollers. No doubt, the Nizam's car is special, but not more important than the silver Rolls. I for one never even knew that the Nizam had such a Rolls, whereas I doubt if any one who is a car lover has not heard or seen pics or seen in real "The Silver Ghost". I also think that the modification done to the Nizam's Ghost killed the car, and am glad she is being put back to original specs. Again, just my own opinion.

Regards
Prithvi
Old 8th February 2011, 01:50   #183
Senior - BHPian

So the the time for the next Cartier show is coming closer and closer. Are the dates and the Venue fixed? I would be grateful if someone could enlighten me.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:11   #184
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Just learnt from a friend who has shown me pictures of the car when in ownership of previous owners that the 1939 Delahaye 135 M in Jodhpur was originally used by the Maharajah of Akalkot, later bought by Nawab Zahir Yar Jung and eventually to Nawab Ahmed Yar Jung in Hyderabad. It apparently was never owned by Prince Azamjah.

It was apparently a light blue before being painted its present red

Last edited by DKG : 8th February 2011 at 15:12.
Old 8th February 2011, 17:42   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Just learnt from a friend who has shown me pictures of the car when in ownership of previous owners that the 1939 Delahaye 135 M in Jodhpur was originally used by the Maharajah of Akalkot, later bought by Nawab Zahir Yar Jung and eventually to Nawab Ahmed Yar Jung in Hyderabad. It apparently was never owned by Prince Azamjah.

It was apparently a light blue before being painted its present red
please post the pics if possibel orshare privately
Old 27th February 2011, 13:18   #186
BHPian

who all are coming
i shall be reaching on the 9th

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks