Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 18:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed View Post
One small example of what Muthukumar Uncle (Powertwin) can do to your Motorcycle!!!!!!!!!!!
I am very fascinated by Muthu Sir's thread purely because I see the level of research and indepth understanding he puts behind every piece in his collection, and he is always ready to share his knowledge (very generously) with anyone who goes to him seeking it. He deserves all the attention that his collection is getting. Hope to see may more additions to his collection.
Old 20th March 2011, 14:06   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I am very fascinated by Muthu . Hope to see may more additions to his collection.
Amol Ji,
You mean to add your " ROBY" in that addition list??
Old 22nd March 2011, 11:32   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Amol Ji,
You mean to add your " ROBY" in that addition list??
Well do you want me to add it to your collection

On a serious note I have already sent the Raleigh to Pune for restoration, Robby will follow her and she will be out of your way soon, till then I am sure she's happy with all the gleaming beauties in your collection the likes of which she may never see again. Not to forget the beautiful weather in Coimbatore
Old 21st March 2013, 20:23   #94
BHPian

Ah!! finally my MATCHLESS G3L Army -1941- done

Many left their Mark in Battle.. Me Own one & now it is restored -MATCHLESS G3L-1941

The Matchless G3/L was a motorcycle developed for use by the British Army during the Second World War,
So what?
The G3/L became one of the most popular motorcycles used during the war, as it was the [first to replace the unforgiving "girder" front forks with a new technology, "Teledraulic" suspension

The real innovation of the G3/L was the "Teledraulic" forks, which were the first telescopic design with oil damping – an idea that was to become the standard for almost all future motorcycles

It all started from my end like this>>>

Though I have few other Brit war derived machines, few restored & a couple waiting for their turn
Working on this project was so easy, as most of the vital parts was present, when she came to me :-)
Any way due to some obvious reasons, the project was kept low !!
No regrets - now she has turned up to be a fine example - few instruments are yet to be fixed after service.

Even during the Norton 16H restoration project, had this>>> Military motorcycles usually had fittings in dull chrome, to keep tell-tale reflections to a minimum.
Dull chrome gives a grey non reflective finish, which is often used on engine parts and dials, and wherever non-reflectivity is desirable

Initially, the regular Chrome plating was carried out on many parts such as "Kicker", gear shifter, Levers, Lids etc, but was done to the fasteners as in 16H.
But my quest to get the " DULL CHROME" was screwing my head - hence when the assembly was half way through. Again it was completely stripped down after finding a real passionate Electro plating Person who obliged me>>

Ah!! Now after getting it done, again things were re assembled

Now here is my 1941 Matchless G3L Army >>>
[]

Ah!! Now two military machines - 1955 WillysCJ3B & G3L
Now some Photoshop fun >>
Cheers!!
KMK

Last edited by karlosdeville : 23rd March 2013 at 15:22. Reason: Removing font tags
powertwin is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 19:17   #95
BHPian

Wonderful restoration, Powertwin. The bike has come out very well.
Love the colour and the typical military side racks.
I have a similar AJS 16M with a Teledraulic front and rigid rear.
Dussey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 17:27   #96
BHPian

My YEZDI 350 Twin just restored...

Though this YEZDI 350 was a produce of M/S Ideal Jawa (India) ltd, It shared
the 350 cc Parallel Twin ( of course 2 stroke) of 353 Jawa / Czechoslovakia

..This bike was picked & restored >>>

powertwin is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 19:01   #97
Senior - BHPian

Great looking bike, did the original also have yellow detailing?
Old 30th September 2013, 14:51   #98
Senior - BHPian

Re: My YEZDI 350 Twin just restored...

Quote:
Though this YEZDI 350 was a produce of M/S Ideal Jawa (India) ltd, It shared
the 350 cc Parallel Twin ( of course 2 stroke) of 353 Jawa / Czechoslovakia
Lovely this is beautiful. She is a looker, did this color scheme originally came with the bike. I know only of black with red decals??

One of my friend has plonked this twin engine to the Yezdi Jawa 250, what an awesome combination. By the way I was told that when Jawa factory closed down, they were having lot of spare twin engines (which never moved and were lying just like that). A friend of mine just bought 2 of these and some some spares for prosterity of his bike, which is balck with red decals.

I would like to visit you place if you agree, I want to relive the past .
Old 30th September 2013, 16:13   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Lovely this is beautiful. She is a looker, did this color scheme originally came with the bike. I know only of black with red decals??
As far as I can remember, the Yezdi 350 came in two colours - Black & White. Both with the red decals. A friend had the white n red combo. Lovely exhaust note the Yezdi 350 used to have - different from the Yamdoot's (that I had), but quite raspy nonetheless, fed by a single carb if I remember right.
Prabal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 22:18   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
As far as I can remember, the Yezdi 350 came in two colours - Black & White. Both with the red decals. A friend had the white n red combo. Lovely exhaust note the Yezdi 350 used to have - different from the Yamdoot's (that I had), but quite raspy nonetheless, fed by a single carb if I remember right.
I have a pic of the Y-350 in white and red.

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-y350.jpg
josejoseph is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 00:56   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Great looking bike, did the original also have yellow detailing?
Thanks for the compliments!! <> About Yellow detailing:- Mr.Prabhal Bannerjee has the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post

One of my friend has plonked this twin engine to the Yezdi Jawa 250, what an awesome combination. By the way I was told that when Jawa factory closed down, they were having lot of spare twin engines (which never moved and were lying just like that). A friend of mine just bought 2 of these and some some spares for posterity of his bike, which is black with red decals.

I would like to visit you place if you agree, I want to relive the past .
Thanks Manish !!...Actually Initially when Yezdi 350 twin was launched it came in TWO color Schemes ( Black with RED decals & Francois White & Red decals)....later last batch & those pushed out of the Factory after Shutting the doors came with a Complete New Criss cross pattern stickers on BRICK red, Black & Metallic Elephant Grey !!
Actually mine was in Brick Red & that type of sticker... Now I choose my Own Color ( Porcelain WHITE & the decals as seen now )
<<<I would like to visit you place if you agree>>...Ah!! you are welcome , pleasure is mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
...ha!! THE BOSS IS ALWAYS RIGHT !! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
I have a pic of the Y-350 in white and red.

Attachment 1146032
Nice bikes there !!..Is those BLACK ones on the Forks are Rubber gaiters or Fork Dust covers painted Black ?
Just Curious to know whether your Y350 runs on Original ignition System or the CDI way?
BTW...Mine is complete stock Ignition system....pure Bliss it is !! :-)
powertwin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 01:42   #102
BHPian

Thanks Manish !!...Actually Initially when Yezdi 350 twin was launched it came in TWO color Schemes ( Black with RED decals & Francois White & Red decals)....later last batch & those pushed out of the Factory after Shutting the doors came with a Complete New Criss cross pattern stickers on BRICK red, Black & Metallic Elephant Grey !!
Actually mine was in Brick Red & that type of sticker.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-580807_281341085317403_1188497767_n.jpg  

powertwin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:12   #103
Senior - BHPian

What was the price of a yezdi 350when new and how did it compare to a yamdoot?
Old 2nd October 2013, 10:30   #104
BHPian

Quote:
What was the price of a yezdi 350 when new and how did it compare to a yamdoot?
Well As claimed by Debonair Magazine () , 1987 December
The Price of YEZDI 350 was 21700/= INR...& price of Rajdoot RD 350 was 25850/= INR...

Want to know the current TREND?

A decent " Y350" ...3/4 th Heaven & RD 350 ..a Full Heaven

Cheers!!
powertwin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 00:11   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the compliments!! <> About Yellow detailing:- Mr.Prabhal Bannerjee has the answer

...ha!! THE BOSS IS ALWAYS RIGHT !! :-)
That's too kind of you, Mr. Kumar! I almost feel like Rajanikanth now (delusional of course ). However, I'd forgotten to add previously that I really like the creative yellow decal that you have introduced. In fact, I like it a lot more than the red decal-on-white that the Yezdi 350 original came in - especially the gradient tonal effect that has been given by you of the yellow.
I'm dying to hear the exhaust note of a Yezdi 350 again (The Fury 175 being another one that I'm reminiscing about as I type). I'll request my friend, who's on TBHP too, to chip in with his memories of his Yezdi 350 from the past.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 4th October 2013 at 10:04. Reason: Fixing quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks