Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 19:19   #16
BHPian

cars plying on the BWSL

I am eager to see the photos of this rally with cars plying on the BW Sea link road ,does anybody have it and please if you can share it here on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
At last the "2010 Annual Vintage Car Fiesta" is finally scheduled for 27th and 28th of February 2010.

No further details at this point of time.
But, we surely have enough notice to get our beauties ready and shining for this wonderful event that we anxiously look forward to, year after year.
Old 12th April 2010, 20:10   #17
BHPian

2010 Vintage Car Fiesta Prize Distribution and Dinner at CCI

And here are few pics of Mr. Nitin Dossa with a Celebrity who surprised us with his presence. Let the pics do the talking.

Report & Pics: April 2010 VCCCI Rally Mumbai-image4118.jpg

Report & Pics: April 2010 VCCCI Rally Mumbai-image4121.jpg

Report & Pics: April 2010 VCCCI Rally Mumbai-image4122.jpg
Old 12th April 2010, 22:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, any details of who won the prizes ??
Old 12th April 2010, 23:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great pics Karliji and Rony!! Informative write up Karlji. Sorry couldnt enter as i had dont want my cars to get baked, including me. I preferred to get baked in the Alibaug OTR. Was to tempted to have the CJ3B get its first blood of OTR. I also knew i could count on yours and Rony's pics and narratives and feel as if i was there.

Missed this one but will be there for the next one with new stock hopefully
Old 13th April 2010, 11:08   #20
Team-BHP Support

Great report Karl and Rony.

Rony's Fiat is immaculate. Congratulations on this one. Never thought you could outdo yourself.
Old 13th April 2010, 11:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great pics Karliji and Rony!! Informative write up Karlji. Sorry couldnt enter as i had dont want my cars to get baked, including me. I preferred to get baked in the Alibaug OTR. Was to tempted to have the CJ3B get its first blood of OTR. I also knew i could count on yours and Rony's pics and narratives and feel as if i was there.

Missed this one but will be there for the next one with new stock hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Great report Karl and Rony.

Rony's Fiat is immaculate. Congratulations on this one. Never thought you could outdo yourself.
@Gogi and Kiran: Thanks for the appreciation.
You guys were surely missed at the event.

Gogi, I myself am one who overprotects his cars from heat, dust and outdoor abuse but I participated to give the FIAT a chance to mingle for once with other Vintages after a long spell of hibernation.
And, as you can see, we made the BESHT of it!
Old 13th April 2010, 15:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
I participated to give the FIAT a chance to mingle for once with other Vintages
You are right we were in our own category of Non-classics, with an ambassador and a modified Omni for company. Even a 1998 BMW was listed in the classics but none of the Fiats Even the 1959 Fiat 600 was not spared from such blatant discrimination. Shame!

Last edited by the mole : 13th April 2010 at 15:25.
Old 13th April 2010, 16:05   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Great pics and real nice cars.

That 47/48 Olds cabrio is a rare car, not many to be seen around anywhere these days. It must be a straight eight ?

Any further info on this car or interior / engine pics ?

shall post detailed pictures in a while
Attached Thumbnails
Report & Pics: April 2010 VCCCI Rally Mumbai-x.jpg  

Old 13th April 2010, 17:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
You are right we were in our own category of Non-classics, with an ambassador and a modified Omni for company. Even a 1998 BMW was listed in the classics but none of the Fiats Even the 1959 Fiat 600 was not spared from such blatant discrimination. Shame!
This i failed to understand too. Tried raising the point to Mr.Dossa but he ignored it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
shall post detailed pictures in a while
I had asked you this question before Extreme Power in the Offroading thread but you did not reply even to my Pm. You said the car from "our" Garage. So are you Working with the Owner or are related or are known closly to him to call his cars yours too (our), cause i still can's place you. I know the owner and my brother visits him too. The E type was also there of the Owner.
Old 13th April 2010, 20:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Any History on MH-01-H-something The white Mercedes 170V Roadster, what was its previous registration. The owners name was registered as Baccarose perfumes.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Any History on MH-01-H-something The white Mercedes 170V Roadster, what was its previous registration. The owners name was registered as Baccarose perfumes.
The owner is some "Mr. Kelkar" an NRI living in London for most part of the year. His driver had come with the car.
Old 14th April 2010, 13:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
The owner is some "Mr. Kelkar" an NRI living in London for most part of the year. His driver had come with the car.
This car was lying in a by lane between seaface road and Worli naka. Restored by the same folks who also did a green one.

There were two white roadsters in Mumbai, both white in colour and both Gujrat registered. One was lying for years on the road opposite the Russian consulate, belonging to that antique shop. I feel that this is the one. She was earlier lying in Cuffe Parade. The second car was off Nepean Sea Road and still there though she has shifted buildings.

Mumbai should be having a total of atleast 4 170V roadsters, excluding the car which went to Delhi.

Cheers harit
Old 14th April 2010, 14:14   #28
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Gorgeous turnout of cars. So many cars now seem to be restored to such high standards in finish. Amazing.

Love Mallya's Rolls. Such a stately Ghost. Looks like a Barker body. I wonder who the previous owner was, being APX. Could someone find out please? Was it Jatprol or Dawood Jung?
Old 14th April 2010, 14:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Mumbai should be having a total of atleast 4 170V roadsters, excluding the car which went to Delhi.

Cheers harit
For some reason atleast as far as the interiors and trim goes, the white 170V has no originality left. Thats the reason I was curious of how the car had managed to reach such a state. the restoration looked very superficial. IMHO
Old 14th April 2010, 15:51   #30
BHPian

Wonderful looking gathering and great coverage by Karl & Rony

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks