Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2017, 10:37   #61
BHPian

Re: Queries regarding a used VW Passat

Well after lots of thought and battle inside my Mind and Heart, it looks like Jetta is scoring above Passat. I've loved the 2.0 Lt engine of Jetta, and adding a tuning box or remap ( that will be a separate confusion which needs to be addressed once rthe car is delivered) will probably make me happy everytime I drive it. Then the fuel efficiency factor also is in favor of Jetta. Considering both Jetta and Passat would be of similar vintage and price in used car segment I believe Jetta will be little easier to maintain.
The pros and cons mentioned by members made me think that it's OK to compromise on features and space rather than the comprising on the drive factor.
So the hunt for Jetta is on at the same time hunt to find a buyer for Civic also gets the momentum.
Will keep posted on how things unfold.
Old 27th October 2019, 16:14   #62

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a used Passat 2013 MT without sunroof with 40k on ODO. can you guys advice me on the price and issues that i may face. this is the version without sunroof.
Old 27th October 2019, 18:06   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsport View Post
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a used Passat 2013 MT without sunroof with 40k on ODO. can you guys advice me on the price and issues that i may face. this is the version without sunroof.
No idea on price.

Check all electrics especially handbrake which is electrical
Check the clutch
Engine is similar to the Jetta and pretty reliable
Old 31st October 2019, 00:41   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
No idea on price.

Check all electrics especially handbrake which is electrical
Check the clutch
Engine is similar to the Jetta and pretty reliable
Thanks Ajmat, will surely take it to a VW ASS to do the complete check.

I was a bit clueless regarding the price....i am getting a range of almost Rs.4 to 6 lakhs which is like a wide gap...just not able to pin it down.

Mod note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st October 2019 at 00:56. Reason: See note in post.
Old 7th February 2023, 19:22   #65
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have my eyes on a 2019 Passat Highline which has done 91k. I am not sure if it is the connect variant but it has the big infotainment so I assume it must be connect. The plan is to replace my Rapid 2020 onyx diesel MT which has done around 45k KM with the Passat.

1) What should be the right price for the vehicle considering the discounts that it received in 2019? (I am based at Coimbatore, TN)

2) How is the reliability of the car over all? (in terms of the gear box, suspension and other electronics)

3) I plan to keep the car for about 5-6 years so is it recommended to buy a high mileage car? I do about 15k KM a year.
Old 12th January 2024, 18:46   #66

Hi everyone,

Raonak this side, a newbie BHPian currently living in Mumbai reaching out on the dilemma whether to buy a used Passat (2019 model 1st owner with approx. 40K km on ODO) or leave it.

At present, I drive a 2010 Jetta (1.6 Trendline Petrol) and in past have owned 2016 Jetta DSG so very familiar with VW and the high maintainence costs. Over last few months have started feeling an itch to upgrade due to 2010 Jetta being in it's 14th year. The mk5 Jetta is a beautiful beast and well maintained so definitely no issues as such however the old school feeling has started to kick in hence the thought of a 2nd car.

Recently came across an advert of 2019 Passat looks well maintained with 40K on ODO. Spoke with the dealer it's a Highline variant manufactured in 2018, registrated in Feb 2019 and is under extended warranty for just another 2 years.

As much I would love to just buy the Passat without any second thoughts (of course after checking the service history and getting inspected by VW) my delimma is:

(1) restrictions to Diesel cars in Delhi (may relocate if switched jobs)
(2) declining air quality in Mumbai therefore have a bad feeling we may see similar rules as Delhi being applied soon (hope I'm wrong)
(3) maybe better option is to wait few months and stretch my budget to 25-30L to buy a 2021/2022 superb.

On financial side for Passat would have to shell out roughly 18L including re-registeration so definitely the price seems quite fair.

Would appreciate your suggestions to help with the deliemma whether is it worth to upgrade to Passat plus praying for at least 5 years of beautiful experience or stretch my budget to 25-30L to buy a 2021/2022 Superb instead?

Thanks in advance...��
Ron1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 20:24   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1234 View Post
Hi everyone,

Raonak this side, a newbie BHPian currently living in Mumbai reaching out on the dilemma whether to buy a used Passat (2019 model 1st owner with approx. 40K km on ODO) or leave it.

At present, I drive a 2010 Jetta (1.6 Trendline Petrol) and in past have owned 2016 Jetta DSG so very familiar with VW and the high maintainence costs. Over last few months have started feeling an itch to upgrade due to 2010 Jetta being in it's 14th year. The mk5 Jetta is a beautiful beast and well maintained so definitely no issues as such however the old school feeling has started to kick in hence the thought of a 2nd car.

Recently came across an advert of 2019 Passat looks well maintained with 40K on ODO. Spoke with the dealer it's a Highline variant manufactured in 2018, registrated in Feb 2019 and is under extended warranty for just another 2 years.

As much I would love to just buy the Passat without any second thoughts (of course after checking the service history and getting inspected by VW) my delimma is:

(1) restrictions to Diesel cars in Delhi (may relocate if switched jobs)
(2) declining air quality in Mumbai therefore have a bad feeling we may see similar rules as Delhi being applied soon (hope I'm wrong)
(3) maybe better option is to wait few months and stretch my budget to 25-30L to buy a 2021/2022 superb.

On financial side for Passat would have to shell out roughly 18L including re-registeration so definitely the price seems quite fair.

Would appreciate your suggestions to help with the deliemma whether is it worth to upgrade to Passat plus praying for at least 5 years of beautiful experience or stretch my budget to 25-30L to buy a 2021/2022 Superb instead?
Hi Ron, welcome to Team-BHP. The place for all things automotive.

Let me introduce myself first, I'm Supernova (gamertag), also better known as nova.

Onto the matter at hand. Considering that you might relocate, you should consider the Superb, but if you can extend your budget till 25-30L then you can also consider the Virtus/Slavia twins.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers bud!

Last edited by Aditya : 12th January 2024 at 22:20. Reason: Punctuation
Old 12th January 2024, 20:51   #68

Hi Nova,

Thank you for the quick suggestion. Appreciate it.

I did consider the Virtus/Slavia and took test drive of Virtus GT and Slavia 1.5 DSG when they were newly launched however owing 2 Jetta's the interior quality just made me sad.

On Virtus I slightly pushed the roof liner upwards and alas saw a gap between roof liner and front interior lights. Can't explain in words how disappointed I was.

That experience coupled with the niggles Virtus/Slavia owners are experiencing doesn't give me the confidence to spend 20L.

As much as I agree with you, my reasons for even considering to buy the Passat are:
(1) childhood dream car back in the day
(2) the interiors just bring a smile on the face.

Again thanks for the suggestion I'll try to hold myself off though this is one of those rare times where your adult version takes a back seat and the child within is out, lol.
Old 12th January 2024, 21:24   #69
BHPian

If your heart is set on the Passat, you should get it.

If you are open to similar options, check the Petrol 1.8 Octavia as well. That would fit in your budget, and you wouldn’t need to worry about the Diesel ban. You can go step further and pick up a VRS as well. Though they are hard to find.
Old 12th January 2024, 21:52   #70

Hi Omar,

Thanks for your suggestion. I definitely plan to visit the dealer on Sunday to check out the car and take a test drive. However decision to buy or not will probably decide after the test drive.

Octavia is a great car just having already owned Jetta would prefer an upgrade. Budget wise I'm okay till 30L therefore only considered Superb as an alternative.
Ron1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks