Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2018, 13:24   #46
BHPian

Re: Is downgrading to a lower segment an option for my next car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Nothing beats Corrola if you are going the pre-owned route. I still have one from 2003 with over 3 Lac km It will start every single time even if parked for months. You can easily get a Petrol Corrola in this budget.
How about Corrolla's maintenance costs? Does it cost a bomb? I have a few petrol Altis' in my sight too 09 to 11 models with mileage in 50s.

Posting using mobile so please pardon any typos.
Old 17th March 2018, 14:58   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster_chd View Post
How about Corrolla's maintenance costs? Does it cost a bomb? I have a few petrol Altis' in my sight too 09 to 11 models with mileage in 50s.

Posting using mobile so please pardon any typos.
Regular maintenance of corolla and etios should not be much different, but breakdown/ wear & tear parts will be expensive say over an Etios as it's an expensive car.

So, I stand corrected, if you are strictly on a budget, this may become an issue but if you can take a small hit occasionaly, like my Fuel injector went wrong and it costed about 15-20K (this happened after 250 K)
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 21:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Came across an Etios on Olx. It is a May 2011 model driven little over 20000 kms. The owner lives nearby, will be going today to his place to check the car in person.

However, isn't the mileage too less for the age? Are there any specific signs I should be specifically looking for?

He is saying he has two cars and this one is driven sparingly.

The owner wants 4.25 lacs for it saying the car is in top condition.
20000km is quite low for a 7 year old car, though not entirely impossible. My neighbor's 2012 Dzire has done around around 30k km & he also has two cars. Anyways whatever used car you buy please verify that it has been serviced properly, by doing so you will also be sure of its odometer reading. Odometer tampering is quite common all over India, even with cars having full service history. I have first hand experience of a case of Odometer tempering, here is the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post4338242
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 21:28   #49
BHPian

I suggest you also look at a used Ecosport, petrol or diesel. You can easily get one under 6 lakhs.

I say this primarily because it will offer you a good view of the road, something your Bolero was good at. You also will not need to worry about ground clearance with this car.

Last edited by Prathiiik : 17th March 2018 at 21:30.
Prathiiik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 21:36   #50
BHPian

The vehicle seems to be taking a lot of your time. I bought a pre-owned Esteem (from First Choice Gurgaon) after moving the Ikon to Chandigarh. This was in 2008 and I still have the car as my daily drive in Pune. Though I still love to drive the Ikon when home, the feeling of not spending a day every month at the garage is pure bliss.
If you do decide to go the pre-owned way, go in for a car reputed to be reliable.You wouldnt regret it.
dashoin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 19:06   #51
BHPian

I am humbled at the love and care we BHPians shower on fellow BHPians. The thread started with me seeking advice for trading my humble Bolero for a new Tata Tiago. Over the course of posts, senior and distinguished BHPians joined the discussion and gave some valuable information. If not for Team-BHP, there was no other way I would have gained access to so many experts in the real world. Respect.

Coming back to the topic, I read and reread every reply on this thread and all the other threads I could search to enlighten myself on used car route which otherwise I would have never ventured on to. I took some advice, used my wisdom and then let heart do the talking

I went for the 2011 petrol Etios V model I discussed earlier on this thread. With only 20411 kms. on odometer, the car has been driven sparsely. However, after seeing the car in person, reviewing the history, checking with Toyota and most importantly, meeting the owner I knew this is the car I want. The car belongs to a local headmaster (now retired) and has been his daily drive to the school (6 -7 kms. to and fro). I have also been given the complete service history along with the AR Rehman Etios audio CD he got with the car

For 3.8 lacs, the price may seem to be way out of the ballpark but I went for it because I knew I wanted it. The car is in showroom condition, always parked under the roof and driven carefully. I will be sharing the pictures shortly.
jeepster_chd is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 20:56   #52
BHPian

Here are some images I clicked using my phone today afternoon. The car has been with me for almost 2 days now and I have driven it around 60 kms. The experience so far has been good and I hope it will so in the future as well. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Is downgrading to a lower segment an option for my next car?-out.jpeg  

Is downgrading to a lower segment an option for my next car?-dash.jpeg  

Is downgrading to a lower segment an option for my next car?-gk.jpeg  

jeepster_chd is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 10:26   #53
BHPian

Sorry I just saw your thread and ETIOS is a good choice as a second hand buy. Wonderful, spacious car with Toyota reliability and service. Well done.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 19:18   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Sorry I just saw your thread and ETIOS is a good choice as a second hand buy. Wonderful, spacious car with Toyota reliability and service. Well done.

Swami
Thank you! Swami sir. Indeed it is a good car in terms of drivability, practicality and reliability. It has been a little less than a month and almost 1000 kilometers since the car is with me. It drives beautifully, throws no surprises and back bench is a comfortable place to be in.
jeepster_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 12:38   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! Swami sir. Indeed it is a good car in terms of drivability, practicality and reliability. It has been a little less than a month and almost 1000 kilometers since the car is with me. It drives beautifully, throws no surprises and back bench is a comfortable place to be in.
Great to know that you made the choice

Did you sell your Bolero as well, how much did it go for if i may ask
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 15:52   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Great to know that you made the choice

Did you sell your Bolero as well, how much did it go for if i may ask
Thank you! Recently came back from a 1200 km trip across Himachal and J & K. Etios performed exceptionally well - zero niggles, great highway mannerism, very comfortable, lot of storage space on the inside and that 596 ltr boot means you don't have to think twice before packing

Yeah! sold off my Bolero to a local car dealer for little less than 3.5 lac.
jeepster_chd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks