Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2024, 19:23   #121
BHPian

Re: Why so many Automatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
They have accepted defeat with the iMT strategy and re-introduced the diesel manual.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...12-lakh-430401

Agree for a diesel- manual in the 4.3m segment, there are only Korean options with TATA and Mahindra offering diesel manual in the sub 4m segment and 4.6-4.7m segment.
In this segment Tata will bring Curvv with the diesel-manual. But the Koreans have an advantage of Automatic. Tata only has an AMT with the diesel that too in the Nexon. Hope they bring a proper AT to the 1.5 diesel engine soon.

Last edited by ergon_9700 : 24th February 2024 at 19:23. Reason: Small correction
Old 4th March 2024, 11:52   #122
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)
Re: Why so many Automatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
They have accepted defeat with the iMT strategy and re-introduced the diesel manual.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...12-lakh-430401

Agree for a diesel- manual in the 4.3m segment, there are only Korean options with TATA and Mahindra offering diesel manual in the sub 4m segment and 4.6-4.7m segment.
I visited KIA again and sought out their senior sales manager, when i quizzed him about being turned away with a flat, we do not have diesel manual he replied "saar, we know there is diesel manual 1.5 manual but we at this showroom have not ordered or delivered even a single unit in 2024, that's why we said what we said earlier"..... if this kind of response is a pointer to govern my future relationship with KIA, I don't know if I should be considering a seltos. In a like to like comparison, Both base models of Creta and Seltos 1.5 diesel manual don't really have much difference except that Creta have few bells & whistles over seltos but seltos offer a firmer ride that I prefer. Other than that, I really don't see much to distinguish between two Brands at base variants and I don't have any favorite either. I know that I will take the first cheapest base variant from either. Not sure which one to finalise

One thing painfully emerged during visits to various brands that Koreans have really sorted out the game between them and across the segment in terms of fit, finish, varieties offered and left Tatas/mahindras behind. Esp Tata cars with their queer design ques and bling factor made it clear what to avoid. Neon green interior Door Handles anyone?

Last edited by HereticHermit : 4th March 2024 at 11:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks