Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2023, 01:35   #76
BHPian

Re: Question about 2016 Ecosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish_Diesel View Post
Many thanks SamfromIndia. My exact confusion was about the kms it clocked. Since its already 78K I am little worried on how many more it can run. Since you already confirmed that even at 1Lakh its still doing good, I am fine and can keep it peacefully for some more years. Thanks again
Honestly 1L Km is nothing for Ecosport. Bhpian Samaresh from Kolkata have done Howrah Bridge (Kolkata) to London Bridge on this car without any issues and his car have crossed 2.5L+ I think.

https://www.facebook.com/samaresh.das1

Ideal car in the 15-23 lakh range?-2.jpg

Ideal car in the 15-23 lakh range?-1.jpg

Ideal car in the 15-23 lakh range?-3.jpg

So many other Bhpians like Abhi 1512 have already crossed 1.5L and still going strong

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5440016
Old 28th April 2023, 10:44   #77
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Question about 2016 Ecosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Honestly 1L Km is nothing for Ecosport. Bhpian Samaresh from Kolkata have done Howrah Bridge (Kolkata) to London Bridge on this car without any issues and his car have crossed 2.5L+ I think.

https://www.facebook.com/samaresh.das1

Attachment 2444803

Attachment 2444802

Attachment 2444804

So many other Bhpians like Abhi 1512 have already crossed 1.5L and still going strong

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5440016
Woww Sam. Thanks for the motivational threads and it really helped me to get my confidence back. Many thanks. You are the best.
Krish_Diesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 05:23   #78
BANNED

SUV/MUV or Sedan under 25 lakhs

Hello Fellow BHPians !

I am writing this post on behalf of my uncle who currently owns a Honda City S Variant Diesel Manual bought new in 2014, After being a reliable companion for 9 years without any issues whatsoever, he feels the need for an upgrade. He had initially set a budget of 20 lakhs on-road Kerala but is willing to go up to 25 lakhs on-road for the right car. His usage scenario is 50-50 between City and Highway and he would hardly clock 8000 km a year. He is retired and most of the time only 3 people would travel in the car, including a super senior citizen.

However, they do have a couple of trips every month where there would be requirement of a 6/7 people to travel in the car, till now, they had to adjust with either not using his car or using two cars. Now he is in a dilemma whether he should continue with a sedan or go for an SUV or a 6/7-seater MUV.?

He has decided that his next purchase would definitely be an automatic, at the minimum he can go for a clutch less manual or IMT. He is not too fond of EVs at the moment due to their limited range and the state of charging infrastructure.

He is a sedate driver, and prefers the car to have decent mileage, at least in double digits, single digit mileage is a strict no, having driven the Honda City Diesel which is very frugal.

So, with these requirements in mind, I would like to know the opinion of the forum which car would best suit his needs. Feel free to recommend. All opinions are truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
yedukrishnan199 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 06:38   #79
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: SUV/MUV or Sedan under 25 lakhs

If you are content with sedans, the best options would be Hyundai Verna, Skoda Slavia/VW Virtus or another Honda City. The top-of-the-line Hyundai Verna SX(O) DCT costs around 21.5 lakhs on-road Kerala and is quite a feature rich car. Hyundai is known to be much more reliable than the VAG twins and has a much better sales and service network too. If you are looking for a Hybrid which will be very fuel efficient, then the Honda City V Hybrid at 23 lakhs on-road could be a good option too.

As far as SUVs and MUVs are concerned, there are a plethora of options to choose from ranging from the Seltos to XUV700 in case of SUVs and Ertiga to Innova in case of MUVs, so its a wide range of options. In my opinion, if you need a fully loaded 5-seater SUV, then the Seltos and Creta are your best options, in case of MPV, Then the Kia Carens is a good buy.

In case of 6/7 seater SUV, it gets a bit complicated as your options are limited to base spec Scorpio-N, Hyundai Alcazar and Tata Safari.

The Innova Hycross CVT variants are also falling within your budget and may be considered, you could also wait for the new Maruti Invicto which is said to be debuting soon.

Hope it Helps!
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 07:37   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

If your uncle is open to pre-owned options and prefers a large comfortable sedan, I highly recommend previous gen Camry Hybrid (2018+) model. Here is one in Kochi:

Toyota Camry 2018 Hybrid https://www.olx.in/ad/1729034507

One need not rule it out due to fear of potential problems typically associated with used cars. Camry Hybrid is very reliable and is typically purchased by sensible buyers who look after their cars well. Just make sure it’s a 1st owner car with pristine interiors and take it to the Toyota dealer for thorough inspection and service history.
androdev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 09:01   #81
BHPian

I would suggest Kia Carens. Diesel models have iMT now. Turbo petrol also has options that fit your requirements.
ImranHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 09:23   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
If you are content with sedans, the best options would be Hyundai Verna, Skoda Slavia/VW Virtus or another Honda City. The top-of-the-line Hyundai Verna SX(O) DCT costs around 21.5 lakhs on-road Kerala and is quite a feature rich car. Hyundai is known to be much more reliable than the VAG twins and has a much better sales and service network too. If you are looking for a Hybrid which will be very fuel efficient, then the Honda City V Hybrid at 23 lakhs on-road could be a good option too.

As far as SUVs and MUVs are concerned, there are a plethora of options to choose from ranging from the Seltos to XUV700 in case of SUVs and Ertiga to Innova in case of MUVs, so its a wide range of options. In my opinion, if you need a fully loaded 5-seater SUV, then the Seltos and Creta are your best options, in case of MPV, Then the Kia Carens is a good buy.

In case of 6/7 seater SUV, it gets a bit complicated as your options are limited to base spec Scorpio-N, Hyundai Alcazar and Tata Safari.

The Innova Hycross CVT variants are also falling within your budget and may be considered, you could also wait for the new Maruti Invicto which is said to be debuting soon.

Hope it Helps!
It certainly does help and now I have a list to trim down upon! Anyways, the bigger dilemma is whether going for a 7-seater is worth it from a price perspective, from a use-case scenario it's probably just twice a month, moreover, comparing the Creta and Alcazar the price difference between similar models comes to 3 lakh on-road, whereas in case of Harrier and Safari as well as Hector and Hector Plus. the difference is just 1 lakh on-road. so it seems as if the Alcazar is a bit premium priced, so is it worth spending the extra 3 lakhs for the Alcazar over the Creta? whereas others charge just an extra 1 lakh for the 7-seater over the 5-seater.

This is just my thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
If your uncle is open to pre-owned options and prefers a large comfortable sedan, I highly recommend previous gen Camry Hybrid (2018+) model. Here is one in Kochi:

Toyota Camry 2018 Hybrid https://www.olx.in/ad/1729034507

One need not rule it out due to fear of potential problems typically associated with used cars. Camry Hybrid is very reliable and is typically purchased by sensible buyers who look after their cars well. Just make sure it’s a 1st owner car with pristine interiors and take it to the Toyota dealer for thorough inspection and service history.
He is not that welcoming to pre-owned models, and feels it is a bigger risk, but I have been trying to convince him on this matter that he could get good pre-owned examples too.

Thanks for the reply and I will definitely try and check out this model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
I would suggest Kia Carens. Diesel models have iMT now. Turbo petrol also has options that fit your requirements.
Yes, the Kia Carens, it definitely is a car worth considering, but since even the top-spec model with 6-speed Diesel AT and 7-speed Petrol DCT are both within our budget, we might as well consider that instead of going for the iMT. Thanks a lot for your reply!
Old 17th June 2023, 09:50   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post

However, they do have a couple of trips every month where there would be requirement of a 6/7 people to travel in the car, till now, they had to adjust with either not using his car or using two cars. Now he is in a dilemma whether he should continue with a sedan or go for an SUV or a 6/7-seater MUV.?
Perfect candidate for XL6. Ask him to test drive the automatic please. XL6 is an incredibly easy vehicle to drive, get in and out of and is well equipped. Kia Carens is another vehicle to check out which has similar attributes.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 10:12   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Perfect candidate for XL6. Ask him to test drive the automatic please. XL6 is an incredibly easy vehicle to drive, get in and out of and is well equipped. Kia Carens is another vehicle to check out which has similar attributes.
Thank you for your recommendation, but isn't the XL6 basically an Ertiga with Captain seats in the middle row? It costs around 2 lakhs more than an Ertiga, but is it worth it in terms of features.? I will definitely consider it and thanks a lot for your recommendation.
Old 17th June 2023, 12:04   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post
Thank you for your recommendation, but isn't the XL6 basically an Ertiga with Captain seats in the middle row? It costs around 2 lakhs more than an Ertiga, but is it worth it in terms of features.? I will definitely consider it and thanks a lot for your recommendation.
Consider XL6 as a bit taller ZXi + variant of Ertiga.

XL6 is more premium in terms of interiors , seating, styling and some additional features, I find the seats to be more accomodating and comfortable in XL6 and ofcourse the ease of driving with AT is something that seniors will appreciate a lot along with the ease of getting in and out.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 12:15   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Consider XL6 as a bit taller ZXi + variant of Ertiga.

XL6 is more premium in terms of interiors , seating, styling and some additional features, I find the seats to be more accomodating and comfortable in XL6 and ofcourse the ease of driving with AT is something that seniors will appreciate a lot along with the ease of getting in and out.
Thanks for the reply, definitely feels like a more premium product, moreover, considering its from Nexa, I guess it should be too. Will definitely check it out in person this week. Considering your insights, do you have any recommendations for 5 seaters below 25 lakhs?
Old 19th June 2023, 11:57   #87
BANNED

Re: Ideal car in the 15-23 lakh range?

Same question. Best car under 22-25 lakhs. Currently, only XUV700 screams worth it out of the lot.

Priorities -
1) 5-star safety
2) Easy ownership/Peace of mind
3) Fun to drive / feature-rich
Old 19th June 2023, 12:44   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampinfinity View Post
Same question. Best car under 22-25 lakhs. Currently, only XUV700 screams worth it out of the lot.

Priorities -
1) 5-star safety
2) Easy ownership/Peace of mind
3) Fun to drive / feature-rich
Hello,
I think Honda City Hybrid is the best option if you are okay with Sedans. Features, reliability, best-ever city & highway average, etc. Do take the test drive and decide after that.
Old 20th June 2023, 06:58   #89
BANNED

Hello, BHPians!

Firstly, we would like to thank you all for your valuable suggestions and insights, As a continuation to our question earlier on what car to consider under 25 lakhs, We have been wondering whether we should skip being adamant about an automatic and get a Jeep Compass Sport, it is being offered with plenty of discounts and feels like a nice car to have, we haven't test driven it yet though!

Moreover, we have decided that SUVs are the way to go, and feel that going after mileage isn't the best option either considering our low yearly running when driving a car is supposed to bring a smile to your face, so with these updated requirements in mind, we have made a shortlist of few cars we are considering!

1. Facelift Kia Seltos DCT/ Diesel AT
With upgrades such as ADAS, A panoramic sunroof, and a powerful turbo petrol engine, I feel it is a good choice

2. Jeep Compass Sport
Huge discounts are available, bringing it into my budget, so is it worth a shot?

3. Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder/ MS Grand Vitara Hybrid
The Hybrids feel like a worthy investment, with good mileage and features on offer.

4. Mahindra XUV700
Only the lower variants fall in our budget, but is it still worth it?

5. MG Hector
It looks like a tech fest, but is it good to drive?

6. Tata Harrier/Safari
Looks built to last, but has Tata sorted out the initial niggles?

7. Hyundai Alcazar/Creta
Is the Alcazar a premium Creta and is it worth the investment?

Are there any other cars worth checking out, we would love to know the insights of owners of these cars on how they perform and your likes and dislikes about them. We will be having test drives of all these in the next couple of days and will keep you updated.

Thanks!
Old 20th June 2023, 08:47   #90
BHPian

Low mileage- Sedate Driver - Senior Citizen Driver:-

Kia Seltos - Doubtful safety structure but still worth a try otherwise basis the looks, features, performance ride and handling. But for a sedate driver and senior citizen driving on highways I would not recommend.

Jeep Compass - Doubtful manufacturer position. Also for this low running diesel is not recommended.

Toyota Hyryder - It will take a decade to recover the extra initial cost of hybrid upon considering the low mileage. Mild hybrid can be considered.

XUV 700 - why should a senior citizen not enjoy the comforts of long feature list which is absent in the lower variants

Hector - is worth consideration based on your requirements

Harrier - Are we still talking about initial niggles. Every other car has niggles. Is still matured as a car. But a diesel I would not recommend for your needs.

Alcazar - A good car but questionable safety and hence would not recommend for highways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks