Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2023, 16:26   #31
BHPian

Re: WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketvu View Post
The Kwid takes slopes quite well when in motion. However, stop and start on slopes can be challenging due to the absence of manual gears

We just drove to Lonavala and back in the Kwid without any issues in the ghats. However, the steep entrance to our hotel was a challenge when I was forced to stop in the middle due to a vehicle coming from front. It took some time for the car to adjust and start moving but after that it was all ok.

Also, one thing I feel good about the Kwid is that you dont feel the gear shifts that much compared to a lot of other AMT's
Seems great! In the latest version, they have added hill assist along with TPMS and a few more features.So I guess it must be good in hills.
Old 13th July 2023, 17:39   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Exactly, that's what I am thinking. Regarding the Triber, do they offer a reliable and efficient (AMT) option, unlike the one found in the Kwid?
I am not so sure, but my guess is that since both are Renaults, they might share the same AMT, however, tune might be different. In case you are looking forward to buying a Triber, do PM me. I have a friend abroad who has ownership experience with a Triber. In a nutshell, he told me that it was spacious for its price and its definitely VFM.

In case you are considering used car market, here are some of my observations:

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...t=0&dc=0&rk=22

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...t=0&dc=0&rk=60

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...=0&dc=0&rk=119
mgastor2022grey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 18:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgastor2022grey View Post
I am not so sure, but my guess is that since both are Renaults, they might share the same AMT, however, tune might be different. In case you are looking forward to buying a Triber, do PM me. I have a friend abroad who has ownership experience with a Triber. In a nutshell, he told me that it was spacious for its price and its definitely VFM.

In case you are considering used car market, here are some of my observations:

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...t=0&dc=0&rk=22

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...t=0&dc=0&rk=60

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...=0&dc=0&rk=119
Thank you for your suggestion. I will definitely look into the Triber and schedule a test drive. If I'm interested, I will inform you accordingly.

I checked the links you provided, but it seems that all the vehicles are from different states. Registering them in Chennai might incur additional expenses. However, I appreciate the links and will also explore options in nearby locations. Additionally, I am checking at Spinny.
Old 13th July 2023, 18:17   #34
BANNED

Quote:
I checked the links you provided, but it seems that all the vehicles are from different states. Registering them in Chennai might incur additional expenses.
These are some good cars in Chennai. Sorry, did not know that you were in Chennai! I should have looked into the location tab

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...k=45&isP=false

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...=104&isP=false

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...=118&isP=false

Hope this is useful!
mgastor2022grey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 18:17   #35
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Wagon R is a good car, but I am not quite enamored with it, especially when comparing it to the other three options in its segment. Although it seems to be the best choice overall, the appearance is not something that captures my interest.

I am considering expanding my budget and concurrently exploring the used car market.

Exactly, that's what I am thinking. Regarding the Triber, do they offer a reliable and efficient (AMT) option, unlike the one found in the Kwid?
Expanding your budget or going for the used car market is definitely the more sensible choice for getting a better-equipped non-AMT car.

The Renault Triber AMT, Kiger AMT, and Kwid AMT use similar engines and transmissions with different states of tune, the Kwid produces 67 bhp of power and 91nm of torque, whereas the Kiger and Triber produce 71 bhp of power and 96 nm of torque all mated to an AMT. The Kiger also has a Turbo petrol engine option mated to a CVT which is also found in the Magnite.

So, in my opinion. the Triber AMT wouldn't be a great car at least as far as the engine and transmission are concerned. However, space and practicality is top notch for the price.

Quote:
Yes, the Ignis is now on my radar. It features a 1.2 VVT engine, and I am not particularly impressed with the K10 or K12 engines. I will definitely look into the Ignis further. Thank you!!
The Ignis is a car worth recommending for its 1.2-liter 4-cylinder engine and overall packaging, however, do take a test drive, as it is still an AMT, it gets a better engine and the head-nod seems to be lesser than in the 1.0 3-Cylinder K-Series engine AMT cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The VAG32 View Post
True,There are no good options for me within the budget
I've decided to extend a bit more and consider the new exter smart auto or punch AMT what's your take on this?
Thanks in advance
The Exter is definitely a compelling package with a great feature list and one of the smoothest AMTs in the segment, it is ideally a Grand i10 Nios underneath with the same engine and gearbox and similar interiors, however its boxy silhouette, SUV stance, ground clearance, space, features, and packaging make it a compelling buy.

The Punch is also a great alternative with 5-star safety, something Hyundai can't match as of now. It is a compelling package as well and has been a best-seller ever since its launch.

Do test drive both back to back and in my opinion, you can't go wrong with either.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 18:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgastor2022grey View Post
These are some good cars in Chennai. Sorry, did not know that you were in Chennai! I should have looked into the location tab

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...k=45&isP=false

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...=104&isP=false

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...=118&isP=false

Hope this is useful!
Thank you! The used market is indeed an adventure, and luck plays a crucial role in finding the right vehicle. Speaking of luck, I don't have one. If there were 10,000 balloons arranged closely together and I had to shoot at them with my eyes closed, I can guarantee you not a single balloon would be hit. Luck doesn't seem to be my strong suit! So, needless to say, I'm a bit apprehensive, but hey, let's see what fate has in store for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
The Ignis is a car worth recommending for its 1.2-liter 4-cylinder engine and overall packaging, however, do take a test drive, as it is still an AMT, it gets a better engine and the head-nod seems to be lesser than in the 1.0 3-Cylinder K-Series engine AMT cars.

Do test drive both back to back and in my opinion, you can't go wrong with either.
I haven't had the chance to test drive the Ignis yet, but I did try out the Baleno with an AMT, which has a similar engine. It was absolutely fantastic! I loved the smooth gear shifts, and surprisingly, I didn't experience much head nod at all. It was a perfect experience. However, to afford the Baleno, I might need to increase my budget. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a lucky find in the used car market. If not, I might just have to go for something along those lines.

WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-img_7264.png

Last edited by raptor_diwan : 13th July 2023 at 18:54.
raptor_diwan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 18:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great! If you don't mind, could you please share a few comments about the Ignis? Is it AT which you own? Did you experience any head nod during shifts? I understand that some level of head nod is expected, but I would like to know if it is mild or hard. I recently test drove the Baleno Alpha AT, and the shifting was perfect. It appears that the Ignis and Baleno share the same engine.
My Ignis is an MT so can't comment on Ignis AMT, however my other car is an AMT (Tigor).

If I summarize my experience with AMT, well the head nods or jerkyness is part of the experience, but its not something that bothers me on road. Infact, driven sedatly, the head nods are not perceptable, and even when you drive hard, you'll notice head nods if you are looking for it. Trust me, when I am behind the wheels of the Tigor AMT, head nods are my last concern. However the engine tuning itself in the Tigor AMT 2017 not optimized, with City mode being tuned too conservatively and Sport mode too aggressively (in an unpleasent way), and that is my biggest concern with the vehicle, not the AMT gearbox as such.

Best for you is to test drive the AMT vehicle you have shortlisted extensively and you will be the best judge.
DCEite is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 19:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
the head nods or jerkyness is part of the experience, but its not something that bothers me on road. Infact, driven sedatly, the head nods are not perceptable, and even when you drive hard, you'll notice head nods if you are looking for it. Trust me, when I am behind the wheels of the Tigor AMT, head nods are my last concern.
Best for you is to test drive the AMT vehicle you have shortlisted extensively and you will be the best judge.
Right. It seems like I've been overthinking things a bit too much about head nod. I had already planned for a second test drive. I'll reassess things. Thank you for your valuable suggestions.
Old 13th July 2023, 23:12   #39
BHPian

Agree with Bijims points here, the priority can be like this:
1. Getting an used CVT/TC automatic hatch
2. If not then preferring a 1.2L 4 cyl over a 1L 3 cyl

Reason for point 2: K10 engine of Maruti is a gem when it was driven in a manual car. Getting the newer 1.0L AMTs from Maruti's are more towards fuel economy than comfort. If we drive a 2020 Celerio AMT against 2022 Celerio AMT we can easily feel the differences, the AMT unit will be always eager to upshift even when we are under 1.8K rpm and due to this even if we press the gas pedal a little quick it will suddenly downshift to gain more torque. Ultimately the number of gear changes will be more in the newer version of 1.0L AMT units from Maruti. So if going for Maruti I would prefer K12 than K10.

You can test WagonR 1.2 vs Celerio 1.0 AMT back to back.

I own a Swift AMT bought in 2022 which was better than Celerio and I did Stage 1 remap with TOT. The remap helped to gain little more torque which helps in reducing the number of gear shifts to some more extent.
ByKaizen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 10:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByKaizen View Post
Agree with Bijims points here, the priority can be like this:
1. Getting an used CVT/TC automatic hatch
2. If not then preferring a 1.2L 4 cyl over a 1L 3 cyl

You can test WagonR 1.2 vs Celerio 1.0 AMT back to back.

I own a Swift AMT bought in 2022 which was better than Celerio and I did Stage 1 remap with TOT. The remap helped to gain little more torque which helps in reducing the number of gear shifts to some more extent.
Thank you! I am actively searching for used cars with CVT or TC transmissions within the budget of 7 lakhs. I will provide an update soon on any findings.

The Swift is indeed a good car, but I'm surprised to see that the price has increased significantly. In 2020, the AMT variant was expected to be around 7 lakhs, but it is currently touching almost 9 lakhs.
Old 14th July 2023, 11:50   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to buy a second car for city rides, mainly with an automatic transmission. My budget is 5 Lakhs, and I have checked the used car market, but I am not satisfied with the way they have been maintained. Now, I am slightly extending my budget to 6 Lakhs and planning to buy any one of these cars new with an automatic transmission.

I am confused between these three options. Personally, I am not happy with the way the Celerio and Alto look. They don't suit my body shape, and I feel they might appear too small when I sit in them. The Kwid looks light and good, while the WagonR is not aesthetically pleasing, but I believe it offers more interior space.

Is the Kwid more spacious than the WagonR? Can the Kwid provide better mileage than the WagonR? The WagonR AGS claims to have a mileage of 25, but even if it's 18, it's acceptable to me.
We had same requirement as yours for city car as Hector on cramped city roads and parking was not easy to drive and Punto being manual, my wife was not able to drive as she was new to driving.

We also didn’t like low slung seating in mini / micro hatchbacks hence our choices were limited to cars similar to earlier so called tall boy designs like Wagon R, Spresso and Ignis.

This car was primarily to be driven by my wife so I let her test drive all three. She ruled out Wagon R as she didn’t like it in general though mechanically it was the sound option.

While she loved the looks of Ignis, between Spresso and Ignis, she was comfortable driving Spresso given the height and upright seating it offered and she could see bonnet for better judgement being new driver. It was also super compact from outside while spacious from inside (myself and son are 5’11”+) however it’s ride was on firmer side. Since it’s meant to be for short rides in city, we were ok.

We opted for top model with AMT which came with Hill hold, ABS, Air bags, Apple / Android car play, steering mounted controls etc.

This was last year in October, we got it through Ackodrive approx 6.55 OTR in Pune.

Her daily commute is 12-15 Kms in bumper to bumper city traffic and due to its super compact size, she is very comfortable driving the car. Mileage is 15 kmpl tank to tank in city. We never took her to highway.

We have driven it for 5000 kms approximately till now, key points are:-
1. Super easy to drive in traffic, it’s small footprint and AMT helps. It’s biggest plus.
2. No issues with AMT as of today.
3. As we all know Maruti after sales is fuss free. Two services are done and have been quick.
4. Ride is on the firmer side however not major irritant. Tyre change will help once existing one worn out.
5. It’s pocket rocket. I have done peddle to metal in it once, it shoots. However it’s not meant for it but this nature of engine gives ability to be a quick city runabout vehicle.
6. It doesn’t have front central armrest which we miss, however lot of options available in non-oem accessories.

Posting few pics, we got couple of accessories including alloy wheels etc

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-img_2956.jpeg  

WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-img_2957.jpeg  

WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-img_2958.jpeg  

FiatDiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 12:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Now, I am slightly extending my budget to 6 Lakhs and planning to buy any one of these cars new with an automatic transmission.

I am confused between these three options. Personally, I am not happy with the way the Celerio and Alto look.
With Celerio and Wagon R, for AGS models you are looking at on road prices above 7 Lakhs. Out of Alto K10 and Kwid I would recommend to go with Alto, eventhough the Kwid has more space inside and looks much better from outside. The driving experience in is not great in kwid, the car is very jerky in first two gears and I'm afraid it will be much more pronounced in the AMT model. Also Kwid lacks a manual mode.
Joe367 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 12:16   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatDiesel View Post
We opted for top model with AMT which came with Hill hold, ABS, Air bags, Apple / Android car play, steering mounted controls etc.

Posting few pics, we got couple of accessories including alloy wheels etc

Hope this helps.
True, it has many useful features. Thank you for providing the information. Your car looks stunning. I had the opportunity to see it in person, but I must say, your car looks great—the color and wheels look fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe367 View Post
The driving experience in is not great in kwid, the car is very jerky in first two gears Also Kwid lacks a manual mode.
Exactly, I found this aspect to be highly noticeable, and I shared this feedback with the SA during the test drive. I didn't experience this in Maruti cars, but the Kwid is packed with features, and its appealing look is definitely a plus point. Thank you for your suggestion.
raptor_diwan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 10:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Expanding your budget or going for the used car market is definitely the more sensible choice for getting a better-equipped non-AMT car.
Can you share your suggestion on this? Is it worth going for a Nissan? I am drawn to the design of this car and I'm also a fan of CVT transmission. What are your thoughts?

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...t=25&dc=0&rk=2
Old 15th July 2023, 11:21   #45
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Can you share your suggestion on this? Is it worth going for a Nissan? I am drawn to the design of this car and I'm also a fan of CVT transmission. What are your thoughts?

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...t=25&dc=0&rk=2
A Nissan Micra XV CVT 2018 Model with 28000 km on the odo should be a good buy if you can get it for anywhere between 4.5 lakhs to 5 lakhs. My cousin owned the same car, albeit a 2017 model, and it's quite a dependable car.

Considering Nissan doesn't have good resale value and the car is discontinued, the value on the next sale will be significantly lower. Besides this issue, the car would be a good purchase, do check out the interiors, exteriors, engine, service history, insurance history, part replacement, and details of any major repairs thoroughly before going ahead and you should be fine.

This https://www.olx.in/item/nissan-micra...iid-1736687712 looks to be the same car and the price quoted is 4.95 lakhs but here it is shown as an XL variant if so you should negotiate it for something between 4.25 lakhs and 4.75 lakhs.

On further inquiry I have found that the seller has not been able to sell this car for a whole 7 months, he has been trying to sell it from January 19th, 2023 onwards, so be careful as there might be issues with the car.

If you have further inquiries feel free to DM me.

Last edited by bijims : 15th July 2023 at 11:32.
bijims is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks