Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2023, 11:32   #61
BHPian

Re: WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post

By the way, just one question: Is the steering wheel hard in the S-Presso? In my car, it is very hard, causing me pain in my shoulder and chest. In my other car, the Nissan Magnite, the steering is slick, and there won't be any pain. However, this one is so hard. No sure if this is how it is or is there some problem in my car.
Yes.. EPS in Spresso might be heavy compared to other cars. This is mentioned in review of this site also. But I didnot find it a big issue as one gets used to it as we drive more and more .
kvsneela is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 12:29   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsneela View Post
Yes.. EPS in Spresso might be heavy compared to other cars. This is mentioned in review of this site also. But I didnot find it a big issue as one gets used to it as we drive more and more .
Alright then, I think I should live with it. Also, the steering not getting back to the center point is a common issue in Maruti, not really a problem but just how it is. Anyway, the car is fantastic; it's just the steering that makes it feel a bit hard. Thank you
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 18:38   #63
BHPian

Quote:

By the way, just one question: Is the steering wheel hard in the S-Presso? In my car, it is very hard, causing me pain in my shoulder and chest. In my other car, the Nissan Magnite, the steering is slick, and there won't be any pain. However, this one is so hard. No sure if this is how it is or is there some problem in my car.
S-Presso AMT is a fun to drive car, I always liked it whenever I test drove it in TrueValue for its high seating position and responsiveness. It's sore point is the steering, it's unlike any other car in modern times I suppose. Steering doesn't return back from turns and needs a conscious effort from driver. My wife just very recently got a new one home. So am talking about Oct 2023 models included. We decided to go ahead, as we liked it on every other front otherwise.

Last edited by TheCamShaft : 30th November 2023 at 18:44.
TheCamShaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 18:54   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamShaft View Post
S-Presso AMT is a fun to drive car, I always liked it whenever I test drove it in TrueValue for its high seating position and responsiveness. It's sore point is the steering, it's unlike any other car in modern times I suppose. Steering doesn't return back from turns and needs a conscious effort from driver. My wife just very recently got a new one home. So am talking about Oct 2023 models included. We decided to go ahead, as we liked it on every other front otherwise.
Sigh! The issue still exists in the 2023 version. I hope there's a way to fix it. Apart from that, the car is great for city drives and occasional highway trips.
Old 30th November 2023, 19:25   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Sigh! The issue still exists in the 2023 version. I hope there's a way to fix it. Apart from that, the car is great for city drives and occasional highway trips.
Come to terms with it , change your perspective - Practice to stop thinking of it as an issue anymore , look at it as a 'By Design' behaviour, and you will be fine
Old 30th November 2023, 20:34   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamShaft View Post
Come to terms with it , change your perspective - Practice to stop thinking of it as an issue anymore , look at it as a 'By Design' behaviour, and you will be fine
Haha, I feel like I'm a truck driver, swiftly turning it back. In childhood, I used to admire truck drivers for the effort they put into a simple turn, and now here I am, doing the same – just like those truck drivers.
Old 2nd December 2023, 07:55   #67

Quote:
Even in the entire thread, the Kwid does not seem to have a good reputation. There have been reports of AMT issues and reliability problems on Team-bhp, but I'm not sure about the recent models. On the other hand, the Wagon R seems to be a complete car.

I'm very confused between the Kwid, Spresso, and Wagon R.
I own a 1.0 Kwid AMT. I have clocked 85K Kms over the past 5 years. It is fuss-free, easy going car perfect for city duties.

About the lack of manual mode, it would only take around 500 to 1000 kms before you subconsciously learn to choose the gear by modulating the throttle input.

One other car I own is an Ignis AMT. It has a manual mode. However, I barely use it. Each time, just before an overtake, you press the accelerator a litter harder, and the car drops a gear or two. And dang you push it and you overtake. The moment you release the accelerator, the car takes the opportunity to get a higher cruising gear.

It takes a lot of words to explain the process. But for me, atleast, the process is so natural that I don't even have to think.
hisham2k9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 11:02   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisham2k9 View Post
I own a 1.0 Kwid AMT. I have clocked 85K Kms over the past 5 years. It is fuss-free, easy going car perfect for city duties.

About the lack of manual mode, it would only take around 500 to 1000 kms before you subconsciously learn to choose the gear by modulating the throttle input.

One other car I own is an Ignis AMT. It has a manual mode. However, I barely use it. Each time, just before an overtake, you press the accelerator a litter harder, and the car drops a gear or two. And dang you push it and you overtake. The moment you release the accelerator, the car takes the opportunity to get a higher cruising gear.

It takes a lot of words to explain the process. But for me, atleast, the process is so natural that I don't even have to think.
Absolutely true, I actually mentioned it above in the same context.

Quote:
I recently completed a drive in a hill station, and I have to say I am in love with AMT. It shifted perfectly in the hills, and the engine braking was clean, overtaking and downshifting was easy with just extra force on acceleator made it downshift. I feel like the manual mode in AMT is not even necessary. All we need to know is how to control the accelerator. Now, I am well versed with it. I can downshift the gear by pressing the accelerator too much and also control the upshift.
It could apply similarly to the Kwid. Despite a brief test drive and challenges navigating heavy traffic, I couldn't precisely gauge its performance. Nonetheless, the AMT appears to function well, and the Kwid is an impressive car that held my admiration until the final moments. I ultimately chose against it due to the absence of a manual mode. It's impressive that you've accumulated 85k miles on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks