Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2023, 12:28   #46
BANNED

Re: WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Is it an automatic transmission? How does it perform in traffic? If it is AT, do you experience any head nod moments during shifts?
No, mine is MT. Back then AT was not available. No issues in traffic at all. The car was mainly driven in Delhi-NCR traffic and worked perfectly with good mileage. I am sure the latest Grand i10 Nios will work fine too. Considering your budget Grand i10 Nios Sports will be a good option.
aseem23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 12:37   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
A Nissan Micra XV CVT 2018 Model with 28000 km on the odo should be a good buy if you can get it for anywhere between 4.5 lakhs to 5 lakhs. My cousin owned the same car, albeit a 2017 model, and it's quite a dependable car.

Considering Nissan doesn't have good resale value and the car is discontinued, the value on the next sale will be significantly lower. Besides this issue, the car would be a good purchase, do check out the interiors, exteriors, engine, service history, insurance history, part replacement, and details of any major repairs thoroughly before going ahead and you should be fine.

This https://www.olx.in/item/nissan-micra...iid-1736687712 looks to be the same car and the price quoted is 4.95 lakhs but here it is shown as an XL variant if so you should negotiate it for something between 4.25 lakhs and 4.75 lakhs.

On further inquiry I have found that the seller has not been able to sell this car for a whole 7 months, he has been trying to sell it from January 19th, 2023 onwards, so be careful as there might be issues with the car.

If you have further inquiries feel free to DM me.
Wow, that's great! Link is useful. Thanks, man! I will verify this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post
No, mine is MT. Back then AT was not available. No issues in traffic at all. The car was mainly driven in Delhi-NCR traffic and worked perfectly with good mileage. I am sure the latest Grand i10 Nios will work fine too. Considering your budget Grand i10 Nios Sports will be a good option.
sounds good! Thank you for your feedback.
Old 15th July 2023, 15:53   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Wow, that's great! Link is useful. Thanks, man! I will verify this.
Hey man, don't want to contain your spirits, but I would not like to buy a micra, that is actually more than 3 years old. Reasons are:

1) It is an outdated product, and has no support now.
2) Interiors are very shoddy, and has rough edges.
3) Ride quality is not commendable, there will be lots of unsettlement in the cabin.
4) Not safe, even for city drives.

You should only go for the micra if you 'need' that CVT. Otherwise, please skip it.
mgastor2022grey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 21:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgastor2022grey View Post
Hey man, don't want to contain your spirits, but I would not like to buy a micra, that is actually more than 3 years old. :
You should only go for the micra if you 'need' that CVT. Otherwise, please skip it.
Thanks, buddy! I checked, but I didn't receive a proper response to even inspect the vehicle directly. Additionally, I didn't receive answers to a few questions, so I decided to reject it.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 22:51   #50
BHPian

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for all your inputs. After months of searching, facing dislikes, and various stories of people trying to cheat me during the purchase (which I'll cover in a different post), I finally bought a S-presso VXI+ AGS from True Value. It impressed me during the test drive, and it's well-maintained.

It's a 2019 version registered in 2020, with 40k KM on it. It was maintained by a lady doctor, and the condition is perfect. I love it, and I'm already having fun within the city.

The only experience I couldn't find on either Team-BHP or any platform is how the AMT actually feels in a hill station. So, planning a quick hill ride soon and will update. Here are a few pictures of my new car.

WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-1.jpg

WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-2.jpg

WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-3.jpg

WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-4.jpg

WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-5.jpg

WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-6.jpg

WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-7.jpg

There are a few scratches on the side of the car. The front bonnet and trunk have been completely repainted by Maruti True Value free of cost. However, I'll have to take care of the scratches on the side myself, either through insurance or by seeking services outside.

I don't have any plans to repaint it at the moment, as it will primarily be used for city rides, and scratches are inevitable. The existing scratches are not very noticeable unless observed closely.

Impressions:

Transmission was generally smooth, except in heavy traffic where I felt a slight jerk, though not as much as the Kwid. The transmission is smooth overall, and I drive with a light foot, so I haven't experienced much head nodding. However, there were a few instances when I pressed the vehicle for quick acceleration, and it downshifted with a slight delay. I'll need some time to get used to it. ( Gotta be careful during overtakes )

Odor:

The car came with these leather-type seats, thanks to the previous owner. Thinking of ditching them, though. Not a big fan of seat covers. Plus, there's this smell I'm not vibing with; it's giving me a bit of a dizzy spell. Planning to yank off those seat covers soon. Fingers crossed the original seats are okay.

Missing Armrest:

There is no comfortable place to rest my hand on either side. The right side too high near the window, and the side armrest is too low to rest my hand properly on the steering wheel. I need to figure out a solution for this.

AC:

The air conditioning is excellent. Even though I haven't used it beyond the first point (perhaps due to winter), the AC is powerful and quickly blocks my nose.

Size:

I love the compact size of the car. I'm basically driving it like an auto, slipping through gaps like a breeze.

Mileage:

So far, I'm getting 15 km per liter or above within city limits. I'm a light-foot driver, haven't pushed past 70 km/h yet, but I've clocked over 300 km. Not bad on the mileage front.

Lack of Storage:

There is literally no designated space to keep my mobile phone. I'm currently using a cloth in the cup holder to keep my phone. It would have been better if there was a designated space for mobile storage. Fortunately, there is an infotainment system with CarPlay, although it requires a wired connection.

Right now, no big road trips planned, but I'm thinking of taking the car to the hills just once to see how it handles there. Never driven an AMT in hilly areas, so it's a bit of an experiment for me.

Before getting this car, I tried finding info on how AMTs perform in hills online, but came up empty. So, I'm just going to test it out myself.

Just ordered a Zed Black tint sunshade side cover to close off the rear side. No one's gonna be chilling in the back, just a two-seater vibe.

Got to deal with a slacking wiper blade; it's not doing its job right. Time for a switch. And the horn's not winning any awards, so that's on the change list too. Little tweaks here and there to keep the ride smooth.

Also, considering putting some legal tint on the windows. Not really keen on repainting or going all out with a wrap; feels like too much for a daily beater car.

Thinking of adding a TPMS for a heads-up on tire pressure. The key needs a fix, central locking's being a bit stubborn,While I can unlock the car with the central locking, the locking function isn't working properly. I'll have to check this issue during the next service.

Also, I need to replace the mat and plan on a full interior shampoo cleaning to get rid of any odors.

That's the current rundown. Any suggestions on what else I should be looking into or considering for an upgrade or replacement?
raptor_diwan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 21:44   #51
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for all your inputs. After months of searching, facing dislikes, and various stories of people trying to cheat me during the purchase (which I'll cover in a different post), I finally bought a S-presso VXI+ AGS from True Value. It impressed me during the test drive, and it's well-maintained.
Great choice, the S-presso is one of the best entry-level cars you can get in this budget with excellent ground clearance, long suspension travel to absorb bumps, enough space, light controls, good visibility, and the best Dealer network in the country, with all of these I am sure you will have many great miles and memories with it!
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 10:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:

The only experience I couldn't find on either Team-BHP or any platform is how the AMT actually feels in a hill station. So, planning a quick hill ride soon and will update. Here are a few pictures of my new car.
I have driven my Wagon R 1.2 AMT in northern hills of Himachal and Uttarakhand and can say that people with light foot will need to change their driving style to conquer the hills. Unless you keep the throttle response high the car will behave very erratic and keep on upshifting and downshifting. I use the manual mode most of the time and it's advised to use it while driving uphill.
Maverick Avi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 11:08   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
I have driven my Wagon R 1.2 AMT in northern hills of Himachal and Uttarakhand and can say that people with light foot will need to change their driving style to conquer the hills. Unless you keep the throttle response high the car will behave very erratic and keep on upshifting and downshifting. I use the manual mode most of the time and it's advised to use it while driving uphill.
Thank you for the tips. I'll check it out. I'm still getting used to using manual mode; so far, I've never used manual mode in AMT. It's confusing for me. I used to drive a Datsun Redi Go AMT in the city, which has front -1 and back as a +1, and in Maruti, it is opposite. However, I've never driven the Datsun in the hills. I'll give it a shot, as you suggested in hills.
Old 26th November 2023, 11:45   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
- I pressed the vehicle for quick acceleration, and it downshifted with a slight delay
- Never driven an AMT in hilly areas, so it's a bit of an experiment for me
I've driven a Celerio, a WagonR and an Ignis - all AGS. If one drives in the AGS mode, one must accept that the shifts will be like the Volvo i-Shift - extreme patience required. The manual mode will be the way to drive

Quote:
- Fingers crossed the original seats are okay.
- AC is powerful and quickly blocks my nose
- seats would be fine; unless the seat covers were the bucket fit type (in which case there would be 2 pierce marks for fastening the covers to the seats)
- ACs on these cars are quite powerful. Either run the blower at low speed or turn the temperature knob up to midway through the blue band

Quote:
- Just ordered a Zed Black tint sunshade side cover to close off the rear side
- Got to deal with a slacking wiper blade; it's not doing its job right. Time for a switch
- The key needs a fix, central locking's being a bit stubborn,While I can unlock the car with the central locking, the locking function isn't working properly. I'll have to check this issue during the next service.
- just a forewarning - with the rear windows sunshades, you might lose some rear visibility from inside via the IRVM and rear windows ; had this problem in my Corolla in Chennai and then threw the sunshades away
- wiper blades - please get MGP ones ASAP
- Key - if the barrel isn't operating in the lock mode, please use some low viscous oil on the key blade and it will work. If it is the button on a remote, no idea.
vigsom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 12:15   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I've driven a Celerio, a WagonR and an Ignis - all AGS. If one drives in the AGS mode, one must accept that the shifts will be like the Volvo i-Shift - extreme patience required. The manual mode will be the way to drive
Yeah, that's true. I've picked it up now. I used to get stressed driving Manual cars in the city, but now I feel more relaxed. I'm not too worried about stressing the engine either. I'm really enjoying AGS now. AGS is my new zen master; it's probably teaching me the art of patience!

Quote:
- ACs on these cars are quite powerful. Either run the blower at low speed or turn the temperature knob up to midway through the blue band
Yeah, now I use it that way sometimes. I'll just turn it off for a few minutes and then turn it back on.

Quote:
- just a forewarning - with the rear windows sunshades, you might lose some rear visibility from inside via the IRVM and rear windows ; had this problem in my Corolla in Chennai and then threw the sunshades away
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll see how it goes. I have the same in the Magnite, and so far, I haven't noticed any visibility issues. I'll check how it goes for this car.

Thank you
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 00:43   #56
BHPian

Hey there raptor_diwan, you've spent your money on the right product. For the traffic that everyone endures in Chennai, this car is perfect. Its compact, light, frugal and most importantly no woes of you controlling clutch.

Quote:

Transmission was generally smooth, except in heavy traffic where I felt a slight jerk The transmission is smooth overall, and I drive with a light foot, so I haven't experienced much head nodding. However, there were a few instances when I pressed the vehicle for quick acceleration,
My only experience with Maruti's AMT was with a Swift. Personally, i had a good experience with the gearbox. It takes its sweet time to perform actions under demand, but honestly not a dealbreaker in city conditions, in my opinion.
subie_socal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 13:23   #57
BHPian

Congrats raptor! I had driven this car in its manual format in 2019 when I was out in the market for my first car/bike, apart from the Amaze Diesel CVT until Covid put a full stop to my plans. I feel this is the best VFM proposition if not for the AMT, though it seems okay for the city.

Quote:
Also, I need to replace the mat and plan on a full interior shampoo cleaning to get rid of any odors.
That, and the keyfob issues must have been resolved at delivery stage itself, along with a exterior detailing and service if it was due. Would have a new car experience.
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 19:51   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subie_socal View Post
Hey there raptor_diwan, you've spent your money on the right product. For the traffic that everyone endures in Chennai, this car is perfect. Its compact, light, frugal and most importantly no woes of you controlling clutch.

My only experience with Maruti's AMT was with a Swift. Personally, i had a good experience with the gearbox. It takes its sweet time to perform actions under demand, but honestly not a dealbreaker in city conditions, in my opinion.
Thank you very much, @subie. It's true, the AMT is not a deal breaker in city conditions. It's much better than driving a manual in traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Congrats raptor! I had driven this car in its manual format in 2019 when I was out in the market for my first car/bike, apart from the Amaze Diesel CVT until Covid put a full stop to my plans. I feel this is the best VFM proposition if not for the AMT, though it seems okay for the city.
Thank you so much. The AMT for city driving is working well, and honestly, I find it quite impressive. I'm really growing fond of it. Recently, I completed a 1000 KM journey, covering both highways and hill stations, and I must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience.
Old 30th November 2023, 10:32   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the tips. I'll check it out. I'm still getting used to using manual mode; so far, I've never used manual mode in AMT. It's confusing for me. I used to drive a Datsun Redi Go AMT in the city, which has front -1 and back as a +1, and in Maruti, it is opposite. However, I've never driven the Datsun in the hills. I'll give it a shot, as you suggested in hills.
Dear raptor_diwan,
Great choice considering your requirements of city driving. I have Spresso AGS MT K10B March 2022. I had a confusion whether to go for AMT or MT. I initally wanted AMT just for fun ( as I had driven only MT cars until then) but had some reservations about AMT problems like jerkiness, clutch problems , overtaking problems and particularly about how AMT would behave in hill roads or inclines. Delay in AMT deliveries made my selection easy and now I don't regret going for MT as I normally drive in highways only including ghat roads many times. As a car it is perfect for my requirements as ours is 2 member family but travelled with 3 people with 4 bags including flight cabin suitcase without any problems. I didn't go for any add-ons but only basic like seat covers, rear camera, dash camera, rain visors etc.. . Driven the car from Srisailam to Pondicherry nonstop(650 km with only lunch break) without any problems. If driven around 80km/h , mileage can be upto 23km also. In case of ghat road driving
one can always select manual mode in these situations( main purpose of giving manual mode is for these situations only to hold in a particular gear). Since hill hold assist is not available in older models need to use hand brake for stop- start situation on inclines to avoid rolling back.
Regarding the AMT manual mode difference in Redi-Go and Spresso , I think both have + and - in the same way.
Pictures for referece
WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-marutispresso15.jpg
Spresso
WagonR vs Kwid vs Celerio vs Alto as a 2nd car of the house-datsun-redigo-3.jpg
Redi-Go
I may be wrong as I have not driven both..

There is a tread already on this :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...iving-amt.html (Hill-driving in an AMT)

Last edited by kvsneela : 30th November 2023 at 10:48.
kvsneela is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 11:03   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsneela View Post
Dear raptor_diwan,
Great choice considering your requirements of city driving. I have Spresso AGS MT K10B March 2022. I had a confusion whether to go for AMT or MT. I initally wanted AMT just for fun ( as I had driven only MT cars until then) but had some reservations about AMT problems like jerkiness, clutch problems , overtaking problems and particularly about how AMT would behave in hill roads or inclines. Delay in AMT deliveries made my selection easy and now I don't regret going for MT as I normally drive in highways only including ghat roads many times. As a car it is perfect for my requirements as ours is 2 member family but travelled with 3 people with 4 bags including flight cabin suitcase without any problems. I didn't go for any add-ons but only basic like seat covers, rear camera, dash camera, rain visors etc.. . Driven the car from Srisailam to Pondicherry nonstop(650 km with only lunch break) without any problems. If driven around 80km/h , mileage can be upto 23km also. In case of ghat road driving
Thank you so much. Yeah, I too had those doubts while buying, but the traffic in Chennai made me opt for a budget automatic car. The only option available was an AMT transmission, but I really love it. I recently completed a drive in a hill station, and I have to say I am in love with AMT. It shifted perfectly in the hills, and the engine braking was clean, overtaking and downshifting was easy with just extra force on acceleator made it downshift. I feel like the manual mode in AMT is not even necessary. All we need to know is how to control the accelerator. Now, I am well versed with it. I can downshift the gear by pressing the accelerator too much and also control the upshift.

Regarding the Datsun Redi-Go, it took me a while to understand, but I had it for a short time.

By the way, just one question: Is the steering wheel hard in the S-Presso? In my car, it is very hard, causing me pain in my shoulder and chest. In my other car, the Nissan Magnite, the steering is slick, and there won't be any pain. However, this one is so hard. No sure if this is how it is or is there some problem in my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks