Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2023, 12:00   #31
BHPian

Re: Which 1st Automatic Car under 10-lakhs?

Many thanks guys for flooding this thread with your valuable replies! Highly appreciate you'll taking out time to respond.

Please excuse me for not replying to you'll individually; however, I shall post a summary of the progress so far.

Below are the cars checked out & TD'd as on today.

1. Hyundai i10 Nios - No TD. They just happened to check the car at one of the dealers and weren't quite impressed. The look and feel of the Nios is a bit mellowed down compared to the earlier version , which I completely agree. They just checked this car since it was within the range.

2. Hyundai i20 - . No TD. While at it, had a close look at the i20 as well. They felt the car is okay, but the top variants are on the pricier side. The best-selling 'Sportz' variant is skimmed on a lot of features and makes it look bare-bones. Having said that, it is still in the contention.
- The discounts are not great either, hardly 10-20k tops!

3. Maruti Swift - No TD. Obvious choice for a newbie, off-late. But yeah, this one's a no brainer. The only issue is that the 'next-gen' Swift is just around the corner and is rumored to launch in Q1 / Q2 next year.
- This certainly would have been on the TOP priority if they didn't want the car by 20th Jan. I myself would have suggested to hold the purchase till the launch of the new car.
- Having said that, the new Swift isn't radically different from the current one and it looks more like a 'facelift' than a new-gen. Not to mention that the interior bits will be all parts sharing game from the Baleno, Fronx and the likes.
- The only important bit here is the new engine , especially the hybrid. But than , for a novice it is better to bet on a proven 4-cylinder 1.2 NA than a newly launched 3-cylinder Hybrid. I don't feel the new engine will have any better performance than the current 1.2 L.
- Hence, the Swift is out. Also, the discounts offered are barely 20-30k.

4. Maruti Baleno - Checked out the Alpha MT and had a longish TD. My cousin & his spouse were quite impressed with the particular model with the kit being offered and also the look of it. Sure, Maruti has given a fab facelift to Baleno and the Alpha model looks the part!
- They were surprised by the amount of legroom it offered at the rear in comparison to the Swift. Sure, the car is set low, and ingress / egress is not that great, but once you are seated; you are in a reasonable comfortable. The front seats especially are very supportive.
- The TD too was good and there's nothing that we don't know about this engine. The ride felt a bit firm though; however, the TD vehicle wasn't in its top shade and could see signs of abuse. Possibly that could be the reason.
- To further sweeten the experience, the discounts offered are to the tune of 40k (including accessories).
- They aren't fixated on any colour per se, but Silver is what they have mutually preferred. Again, not firm.
- I think the Zeta variant is the pick of the lot which is 95% of the Alpha model and is priced nearly a lakh cheaper. It sure is a VFM variant. The only 'essential' feature are the LED foglamps, which I presume can be added aftermarket.

5. Maruti Fronx - This to me is a just a Baleno of 'stills'. Priced at steep 1.25 L premium over the equivalent 1.2 L Baleno models.
- Delta+ MT is the variant, which is priced around the Baleno Alpha, but misses out on significant features.
- TD too was nothing different from that of the Baleno. Gives you a pseudo-SUV feel , which is decent. We felt the suspension to be a bit mature than the Baleno and it sort of drives better than the Baleno.
- The TD vehicle was an AMT. The usual quirks of AMT were seen and my cousin wasn't quite impressed with it. Sure, for a light footed driving it makes nearly no difference; but once you come hard on the pedal, that's when the things start to get a little boring.
- Fronx being relatively new and fast selling the discounts were very minimal. A maximum of 10k discounts on available stock. No accessories even.
- The higher variants with the 1.0 L turbo engine are beyond the budget and hence Delta+ is the max that fits the bill. But again, the feature kit is barely anything.

6. Honda Amaze - Based on the recommendations, suggested my cousin to check this one out too. I didn't accompany them though.
- They were thoroughly impressed with the CVT gearbox and the drive. They mentioned that though the smooth shifting is good, they didn't feel it to be as engaging to drive as the Baleno.
- The design too didn't quite impress them as the car is more suited for someone from higher age bracket (no offence meant to anyone. Looks are purely subjective matter).
- Inspite of a good 50k discount on the VX, the variant comes a shade below 11 L. The lower model 'S' is under 10 L but misses out on some key features and looks very 'basic'. Possibly the Baleno Alpha variant has spoiled things here.
- Tried negotiating further with the dealer on the VX, but he didn't budge. They have only ONE silver VX in stock. Next is coming in 2024.

7. Tata Punch - THIS was on the top-most priority for my cousin when they started hunting for a car. Hence, they visited the Tata dealer and needless to say, all their excitement went down the drains!
- Absolutely pathetic experience at Durga Motors , Porvorim. They were just made to sit there without a proper assignment of the SA's as if they've come for window shopping. The SA later too didn't give two hoots to their enquiry and just gave them a regular quote putting in all the possible add-ons. He also mentioned that there are NO DISCOUNTS on the Punch, whereas it's all over the news that there's flat cash discount of 10k on the Punch!
- He didn't even bother to offer a TD to them.
- My cousin was like - "If this is the state when we go to purchase their cars, what would it be for the service, etc.? Well, me knowing how TATA is with their sales and service, I completely understood their sentiments and suggested to back-out. They anyway weren't keen anymore. And god forbid if they come across the usual niggles associated with their cars, they'll be let hanging by the service centre.
- Moreover, Punch doesn't return any good FE either. My friend claims an average of 12 - 13kmpl.

I would like to make a special mention here of the NEXA dealer. What a fab experience we had. The whole feeling of buying a new car just gets amplified when you visit their showroom. I'm amazed at how Maruti Suzuki manages all of this with so many showrooms, car models, dealers in their portfolio.
The SA's / staff greet you so well, offer snack / beverages on arrival , answer all the queries with the same enthu, no limit for the TD's, etc. Simply commendable!
The dealer here is Sai Service NEXA, Porvorim.

Trust me, if TATA's do even 50% of what MS NEXA is doing, they can surely win a whole bunch of new customers.

Another important thing is that my cousin and his spouse are OK with a MT and aren't quite keen on the automatics. My cousin felt the MT's drive better and more enjoyable than the auto's. So that solves majority of the confusion.
Further, like I said, the usage will barely top 1000 kms a month and most ok it will be highway driving; hence, there isn't quite a need for an automatic. And since his spouse is okay with a manual, that's done!

So, finally, it boils down to the below cars in the given order (for now).
1. Maruti Baleno , possibly Zeta
2. Maruti Fronx - Delta+
3. Hyundai i20 Sportz , TD pending.

They should be able to finalize and book a car by the end of this week, positively.

Let me know what you guys think. Like I said, nothing is finalized yet but we're speeding up as we're already in mid-December and the existing stocks a selling fast.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 13th December 2023 at 12:13.
ashvek3141 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 15:57   #32

Slightly off-topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
My friend is planning to buy an Amaze S manual. On road price on websites are 9.2L (Hyderabad)

He's been offered it for 8.85L on road (with extended warranty + 9inch touchscreen with Android auto, Apple car play and reverse camera + some small accessories (other than basic accessories))
Will that touchscreen display replace the tiny stock LCD screen? I think they will provide a separate screen that will hang beneath the IRVM. Please confirm this if you can. Thank you.
bigolp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 10:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolp View Post
Don't you think the Amaze overshadows its (sedan and non-sedan) competitors (priced below 10 lakhs)
cabin feels small as the car accommodates bonnet, cabin and boot box with in 4 meters which leaves a compromised space for the cabin which is the most usable part.

I20 / Balena seats are more premium & comfortable and feels wider than Amaze
Asoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 12:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Trust me, if TATA's do even 50% of what MS NEXA is doing, they can surely win a whole bunch of new customers.

2. Maruti Fronx - Delta+
Couldn't agree more on TATA experience. Making good cars is one thing and selling them is another. There is a stark difference between TATA and others (Suzuki and Hyundai) when it comes to after sales as well. Not sure what is stopping TATA in improving these aspects after decades of experience in this industry. Somehow they are missing on these aspects persistently.

Also, congratulation on your choices. Both Baleno and Fronx will be a good fit.
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 13:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
2. Maruti Fronx - Delta+
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
Also, congratulation on your choices. Both Baleno and Fronx will be a good fit.
Quick update:

Finalized on the Baleno MT , Zeta or Alpha is being discussed. But going by what Zeta offers v/s Alpha, the extra spend of 1 L doesn't quite make sense.
Colour would be Silver and they have 2 Zeta's & Alpha's each, in stock.

Since the requirement of an automatic is out, Amaze CVT , i20 IVT are out too. Also, there aren't great reviews on the FE of the i20 1.2 NA MT, plus the Sportz variant skims on a lot of features vis-a-vis Baleno for the same price.

Current offers on the Baleno are:
1. 25,000/- Cash discount
2. 15,000/- Accessories. I'm pushing for more to accommodate everything that would be required (seat covers, floor mats, boot mat, mud flaps, etc.)
3. I'm also negotiating to accommodate the 2 years extended warranty worth 13k as FOC. Let's see if it materializes.

Full payment will be done in this month itself; however, my SA told me that the car will be registered on 2nd Jan 2024 to stamp the 'Year 2024' in the RC WITHOUT AFFECTING THE PRICES. Idk how that works, but that's been committed by the SA.
Post this, the car will be kept in their stock yard only and will be delivered on 20th Jan.

Once again, many thanks to you'll for pitching in and helping me pick a car for my cousin. They're already very excited for this.
lad to be a part of this community.

Cheers!
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 15:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update:

Finalized on the Baleno MT , Zeta or Alpha is being discussed.

Full payment will be done in this month itself; however, my SA told me that the car will be registered on 2nd Jan 2024 to stamp the 'Year 2024' in the RC WITHOUT AFFECTING THE PRICES. Idk how that works, but that's been committed by the SA.
Congratulations on finalizing the car!

Regarding the year in RC, it has both Registration Date & Manufacturing Date mentioned. So ideally it does not make sense if the car is registered in December or in Jan.
Knightrider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 17:43   #37
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Current offers on the Baleno are:
2. 15,000/- Accessories. I'm pushing for more to accommodate everything that would be required (seat covers, floor mats, boot mat, mud flaps, etc.)
3. I'm also negotiating to accommodate the 2 years extended warranty worth 13k as FOC. Let's see if it materializes.

Post this, the car will be kept in their stock yard only and will be delivered on 20th Jan.

Once again, many thanks to you'll for pitching in and helping me pick a car for my cousin. They're already very excited for this.
lad to be a part of this community.

Cheers!
Excellent choice going for the Baleno, and considering the MT, its the best option out there overall in terms of features and price,

I see that Sai Service NEXA Porvorim is the dealership nearby you, and as far as I have enquired Sai Service is offering discounts to the tune of 52k on the Baleno Manual, which differs from dealer to dealer, some are offering 52k straight as cash discount, others as a mix of cash discount and accessories, do haggle with them for more discounts, as I recently contacted their dealership in Kerala and easily got 62k worth discounts from them, (officially they are offering 52k). I have attached an image of the offer the SA sent me over WhatsApp.
Attached Thumbnails
Which 1st Automatic Car under 10-lakhs?-baleno-offers.jpg  

bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 17:59   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Excellent choice going for the Baleno, and considering the MT, its the best option out there overall in terms of features and price,

I see that Sai Service NEXA Porvorim is the dealership nearby you, and as far as I have enquired Sai Service is offering discounts to the tune of 52k on the Baleno Manual, which differs from dealer to dealer, some are offering 52k straight as cash discount, others as a mix of cash discount and accessories, do haggle with them for more discounts, as I recently contacted their dealership in Kerala and easily got 62k worth discounts from them, (officially they are offering 52k). I have attached an image of the offer the SA sent me over WhatsApp.
Thanks bijims!

Yes, Sai Service NEXA is the dealer I'm in talks with (through a friend) and by far they give the best discounts from the other two dealer here.

They gave my other cousin a good deal for the Ignis in October.

For now they've given the following deal.

2. 25,000/- Accessories, as per below list -
a. Seat covers
b. 3D Floor mats
c. Boot mat
d. Mud flaps
e. Body cover
f. Steering cover
g. Alpha model's LED Fog lamps (These alone costs 7,000/- as per Boodmo)

3. They would also match the Insurance quote.

Extended warranty of 13k is what I will have to pay though.

Actually, the image quote of 52k discounts includes around 20k of exchange bonus and 4k Corporate bonus (which in our case is pointless) as well.

So in our case, net-net it should come to around 50k of savings; which is pretty decent IMHO, w/o exchange or corporate bonus.

And yes, it's Baleno Zeta MT in Silver shade.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 14th December 2023 at 18:03.
Old 14th December 2023, 18:26   #39
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Thanks bijims!

Yes, Sai Service NEXA is the dealer I'm in talks with (through a friend) and by far they give the best discounts from the other two dealer here.

They gave my other cousin a good deal for the Ignis in October.

For now they've given the following deal.

2. 25,000/- Accessories, as per below list -
a. Seat covers
b. 3D Floor mats
c. Boot mat
d. Mud flaps
e. Body cover
f. Steering cover

Extended warranty of 13k is what I will have to pay though.

Actually, the image quote of 52k discounts includes around 20k of exchange bonus and 4k Corporate bonus (which in our case is pointless) as well.

So in our case, net-net it should come to around 50k of savings; which is pretty decent IMHO, w/o exchange or corporate bonus.

Great discounts you got there, the following is the breakup of the discounts my friend was able to get from a dealer in Kochi, Kerala for the Zeta MT which he has booked and is due for delivery before Christmas, I have been able to get a maximum of 62k benefits for my cousin for his Baleno, which is due for delivery next week. He is getting the Alpha AT. Anyway great time to shop for cars, and Maruti is offering some serious discounts too, and boy the Jimny with a whopping 3 lakh of discount is too good to be true!
Attached Thumbnails
Which 1st Automatic Car under 10-lakhs?-baleno-price.jpg  

bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 23:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Since MT option is being finalized, here’s a wild card option-

Skoda Slavia / Kushaq : base variants will be shade above your budget. Some discounts are also probable. This will be a proper 1 segment up experience and will be more enjoyable in longer run.
Old 14th December 2023, 23:26   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Since MT option is being finalized, here’s a wild card option-

Skoda Slavia / Kushaq : base variants will be shade above your budget. Some discounts are also probable. This will be a proper 1 segment up experience and will be more enjoyable in longer run.
Well, the baseline of this cars start at 13.59 L and like I mentioned they’re already on a stretched budget, they wouldn’t want to go beyond the absolute 10 L mark!

To be very honest, they started from the humble Wagon R / Celerio and finally ended up on the Baleno!
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 12:06   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the baseline of this cars start at 13.59 L and like I mentioned they’re already on a stretched budget, they wouldn’t want to go beyond the absolute 10 L mark!
Since its their first car, may be they have this feeling of restricting the budget. We had been through a similar situation while buying our 1st car. But now, I feel - should have gone for higher segment with better safety & engine. The way car prices are rising & EV transition, upgrading is much more expensive later.

Kushaq Active is 12.64 in on road in Goa as per CarDekho. Discount upto 1 lakh may be possible, reducing the price to 11.64. In EMI terms it will be a few thousands more. But in case no loan is being taken, then it makes more sense to go for a Baleno.

Just suggest them driving a manual Kushaq before signing the dotted line. You'll surely miss out on some features & but drive quality, safety will be much better. Ciaz Delta / MG Astor Base / Brezza are some more similar options from higher segment if you're wary of Skoda.
Attached Thumbnails
Which 1st Automatic Car under 10-lakhs?-screenshot-20231215-11.44.19-am.png  

sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 10:21   #43

Quote:

25,000/- Accessories, as per below list -
a. Seat covers
b. 3D Floor mats
c. Boot mat
d. Mud flaps
e. Body cover
f. Steering cover

Congrats to your cousin!

What type of seat cover and boot mat did they give? Do you know their prices? Also, what was your insurance quote?
Old 20th December 2023, 19:02   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Below are the requirements laid out in no particular order -

1. Body style - Hatch / Sedan / SUV is irrelevant. As long as it is adequately comfortable. They are a family of 4 (Couple + Parents).

2. Fuel - Petrol, as the running will barely touch 1000 kms a month. No EV's.

3. Transmission - Big question. They were keen on getting an automatic car as it'll be convenient for his spouse to learn and drive too; however, in this price segment there are only AMT's which are barely any good. Also, long-term reliability is a question mark. Hence, I suggested on the MT. Request your kind inputs here. They're open to both MT or AMT.

4. Good Mileage

5. Decent safety kit

6. Others - Since, it'll be their 1st car and they are absolute novice; ease for serviceability, good reliability and the works.

Requesting your kind inputs as they need to finalize in a week or two due to the stock limitations for this month.

Mods: Kindly merge if there is any suitable thread.
I would personally suggest only two cars.
Tata Altroz XZ+ DCA
Honda Amaze ZX CVT
Honda for reliability of their engines. Tata for their rugged and tough cars. By the way I personally have Altroz XZ+ DCA. Do share your buying experience and ownership review as well. Happy miles.
Warm Regards,
Sathiya Narayanan
Old 21st December 2023, 01:55   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssathiyanarayan View Post
I would personally suggest only two cars.
Tata Altroz XZ+ DCA
Honda Amaze ZX CVT
Honda for reliability of their engines. Tata for their rugged and tough cars. By the way I personally have Altroz XZ+ DCA. Do share your buying experience and ownership review as well. Happy miles.
Warm Regards,
Sathiya Narayanan
He has already shared his buying and TD experience in posts #31, #35 and #38.

Note to the admins: The title showing up every time a piece of text is hyperlinked is as ugly as it can get. Is there a cure to this?

Mod note: Fixed as requested . The party trick is that in the URL link, if you just delete any one character, the entire text of the hyperlinked post does not show up. Hope that makes sense. You could give it a try in the next attempt.

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st December 2023 at 03:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks