Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2023, 17:31   #46
BHPian

Re: Which 1st Automatic Car under 10-lakhs?

Why is AMT a big no at Teambhp? My FIL has a NIOS AMT and I drive it sometimes, I don't understand why it is such a big deal! I have had a chance to drive automatics in other countries for 5 years but I really don't think AMTs are as bad an experience as this community calls it out to be.

I am not sure on reliability aspect of it as the NIOS is relatively new but really I drove it from Mumbai to Bangalore and have driven it in peak traffic in Mumbai and Bangalore and it is not as bad as it is considered here.
Old 22nd December 2023, 17:41   #47
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Which 1st Automatic Car under 10-lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Why is AMT a big no at Teambhp? My FIL has a NIOS AMT and I drive it sometimes, I don't understand why it is such a big deal! I have had a chance to drive automatics in other countries for 5 years but I really don't think AMTs are as bad an experience as this community calls it out to be.

I am not sure on reliability aspect of it as the NIOS is relatively new but really I drove it from Mumbai to Bangalore and have driven it in peak traffic in Mumbai and Bangalore and it is not as bad as it is considered here.
Hyundai has the best AMTs in the market, so the experience wouldn't be too bad, but considering the AMTs on Renault, Suzuki, etc, you can feel the difference, the jerkiness is quite evident in some models. Moreover, in more powerful cars like the XUV300 and Nexon the AMT just dampens the experience, instead of the AMT, a better automatic like TC or DCT will surely provide a better experience in such cars as well.

For example, if you drive the Tata Nexon 1.2 Petrol AMT and DCA (albeit Tata's DCAs aren't the best for performance), you can clearly understand the difference, the head-nod won't be there and it will be much smoother too. For the 50k extra on ex-showroom price in the base to mid variants, I would recommend the DCA over the AMT.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks