Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2008, 16:31   #46
BHPian

Why dont you consider the Facelifted New Ikon with Alooys as standard equipment, Its also available in Diesel engine read it in newspaper today..looks good too.
Old 30th November 2008, 14:22   #47

Folks, I am comtemplating buying an Accent Executive over Swift VDi. My usage is around 1000Km/month.

Can the Accent owners give me realistic figures on Accent FE? The sales guy from Advaith in Bangalore claims 12 to 13 on city...

On reading other forums on Team BHP I hear figures from 7 to 13...

Would appreciate some latest inputs from owners.. esp. new owners.. the ones with Executive.

Thanks.

Bishan
Old 1st December 2008, 01:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33d View Post
Folks, I am comtemplating buying an Accent Executive over Swift VDi. My usage is around 1000Km/month.

Can the Accent owners give me realistic figures on Accent FE? The sales guy from Advaith in Bangalore claims 12 to 13 on city...

On reading other forums on Team BHP I hear figures from 7 to 13...

Would appreciate some latest inputs from owners.. esp. new owners.. the ones with Executive.

Thanks.

Bishan
12-13 is very much achievable.
I am getting a consistent 13+ mileage from My car
on highways its like 15-17kmpl.
Old 1st December 2008, 14:40   #49

Hyundai Accent FE City/Highway

Folks, I am contemplating buying an Accent Executive over Swift VDi. My usage is around 1000Km/month.

Can the Accent owners give me realistic figures on Accent FE? The sales guy from Advaith in Bangalore claims 12 to 13 on city.

On reading other forums on Team BHP I hear figures from 7 to 13.

Would appreciate some latest inputs from owners esp. new owners, the ones with Executive. For old users has the mileage reduced or increased?

Thanks a ton.

Bishan

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st December 2008 at 14:50. Reason: Search please
Old 1st December 2008, 16:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Swift VDi is the best bet for that price range. You can easily expect 14 -15 kmpl of Diesel in Blore city traffic with A/c on...
Old 3rd December 2008, 09:55   #51

I checked with my neighbor y'day. His GLE gives 13KMPL in B'lore city traffic after second service.

I hear the Executive version has 95PS as compared to 94PS in GLE and has more torque as well. Would this bring down the overall mileage? I am in final phase of my calculation and almost likely to go with Executive if the figures with Executive remains 13KMPL or more.

May be folks like Lukeskywalker could help here.

Does any one have an idea about recent good deals on Executive? I am being offered 15K cash discount + 7K corp. discount + accessories like mud flaps etc.

Thanks
Old 8th December 2008, 16:42   #52
BHPian

Accent is very good, but there are other options!

I've an Accent, and it is a very nice car. It performs well in city traffic as well as highways. However, I bought the Accent during the time when there were no Palio MJDs and i10s, and I had to choose, just like you, between a Swift DDiS and Accent. I liked the swift, but 'm claustrophobic, and the dark interiors made me take a different decision. Owing to my 'claustrophobia' limitation, Accent seemed to be an excellent choice - given the VFM that one may get after buying the car. I didn't consider Ford coz of the bad after sales service reviews that I got from my friends.

If you are concerned about resale, I tell you, never go for a brand new car. We don't buy cars to sell, do we? If you are very keen on selling your car in the immediate future, always go for a used one! Comparing the resale values of Swift and Accent doesn't make any sense.. What will be the resale value of Swift if Maruti suddenly decides to replace it with another improved model in about 2 years? Hope you understand..

Again, to reiterate, Swift and Accent are very good cars! I know you wanna choose between the aforesaid makes, but I suggest you also consider Palio MJD - I wish Fiat had launched this car when I was contemplating between Swift and Accent!!

I've done 300 kms at a stretch with my parents in the rear seat, and neither me nor my parents felt any fatigue. This wasn't the case when we did a 260km trip on my friends Ford Ikon 1.6!

Believe it or not, with fair usage of AC, I get 11-12.4 kmpl in city traffic and about 16-17.6 kmpl on highways at 95-110 kmph. I've also put up some tips on my blog on how I'm able to get maximum mileage - check that out when you have time.

There are pros and cons of the different models in the market, and I want you to take a wise decision!! After all, it's your money!!

All the best!
Old 18th January 2009, 13:55   #53
BHPian

Have a 4 year old Accent 1.5L . Drive it in Mumbai , Colaba ... even when travelling to the surburbs have never got an avg more than 8.5kmpl. Always with ac on. So i dont know about guys who claim 13kmpl in city. Highway driving gives you 14.5 with ac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33d View Post
Folks, I am contemplating buying an Accent Executive over Swift VDi. My usage is around 1000Km/month.

Can the Accent owners give me realistic figures on Accent FE? The sales guy from Advaith in Bangalore claims 12 to 13 on city.

On reading other forums on Team BHP I hear figures from 7 to 13.

Would appreciate some latest inputs from owners esp. new owners, the ones with Executive. For old users has the mileage reduced or increased?
Bishan

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.[/quote]
Old 11th February 2009, 19:56   #54
BHPian

well,it depends on what are your requirements. my cousin brother faced the same problem while deciding upon his car.finally he decided upon swift vdi.well it depends like what is your daily running,,if its like 100kms per day diesel is a great option,but if you need a boot go for the accent,.accent is a good car,great car,but its an old stablemate and it is going to be retired any day.
Old 26th February 2009, 12:30   #55
BANNED

I went through the same decision making process. I had the Dezire, Accent, Swift, Aveo in mind. I went in for the Accent.

It maybe a generation old, but the fact that it is still being sold, says something about the car. "People like it". It offers very good space, refreshing interiors, good stowage space, value for money, ride quality. What more do you need. Plus it has a 1500 CC engine.
Old 27th February 2009, 13:54   #56
BHPian

For 8-10 Km/ day diesel car is a no no. Go for a Swift Petrol. Accent though a brillian car, ots a long in the tooth product.

But if you are open to other cars i20 will be the perfect car for you.
Old 6th March 2009, 18:03   #57
BANNED

As someone said, the interiors of the Swift is claustro and the black upholstery does not aid to the same.

Thats whay I did not choose the Dezire also, due to space constraints. Otherwise I really love the Swift, esp, if you want good power.

Otherwise, Accent handsdown anyday my friend. You wont regret the decision

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks