Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car would you buy if you had 5 lakhs to spent?
i10 40 17.32%
Beat 26 11.26%
Figo 71 30.74%
Vista 30 12.99%
Ritz 27 11.69%
Swift 37 16.02%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2010, 11:14   #46
BHPian

Swift Ldi

I would vote for Swift. Though it's dated it has a powerful peppy engine...the diesel version is rock solid poweful fun ride and fuel efficient. Besides it's sporty looks and things you can mod... think about it

Team-BHP Classifieds - SUZUKI SWIFT Hikari W1 GT Style kit - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Team-BHP Classifieds - SUZUKI SWIFT Hikari W1 GT Style kit - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Old 6th June 2010, 17:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 View Post
Thanks vivekgk for the suggestions. I know the Swift is very very good car. Its just that its gotten a bit too old for me. You may call it personal bias if you will.
Not at all, brother. It's an entirely personal choice. It's just that it suits your requirements very well. Of the rest, I'd say Beat, Figo and i10 in that order. Beat is fresh inside and out, while the Figo is new by date of market introduction if not by design. As for the Vista, it certainly is spacious and comfortable, though not very powerful. Do TD the new BS4 version before making a decision. Tata has tweaked the engine and gearbox a bit, and Tata cars only get better with every iteration.

One thing I've got against Ford is that they have already increased the price of their so-called VFM car, just as soon as they've got 10000 sales. It's a worrying trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal99
Btw, I am very close to booking an i20 Era (Showroom price 4.59l). Do tell me if im making a mistake. Or if im missing something. I'd love to hear.
PS:Also if anyone has any experience with Kun/Talwar Hyundai in Hyd? Who's better? Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks again everyone!
I think you should try to get the highest or mid trim variant of whichever car you pick. The base model is no fun. You might think that the chrome trim on the door handles and the two-tone dash is a waste of money, but they do add to the overall feel-good factor. You can never add all the trimmings aftermarket, and it never looks or feels as good as factory fitted stuff.

The uncle who stays next door booked a black Dzire Vxi last year. He had to switch to white Lxi later because of delivery delays (4 months!) and the Indus Motors upgraded the car to Vxi for him, going so far as to change the badging.

But the Xenos PWs stick out and spoil the interior, the central locking is troublesome, the stereo looks aftermarket, and there's no tacho. Somehow, the car just doesn't feel as good as the real Vxi. It's stuff like the silver paint wheels behind the wheelcaps (black on the Vxi) and the missing black stickering on the door pillars. You never think that one would miss these things, but he does.

So make sure exactly what you are missing out on in the base model before taking a decision. Don't just look at the brochure. Sit in the model you're booking for a bit. Walk around it. Compare it to the full trim version. And then decide if it's worth it.
Old 6th June 2010, 19:10   #48
BHPian

Sorry. Hit the Submit button instead of Preview and then power went out, so couldn't edit.

Anyway, with the base i20 Era, you don't seem to be missing out on much. You could get an i10 Magna for about 15K less ex-showroom, but the Era seems to have all the good bits, except for stereo, and face it, its always better to add your own ICE. You get front PW, manual AC + rear vents and all the good bits except for CL. You'll need an MDF parcel tray for good speakers and remote locking can be fitted outside for not too much extra. So, good choice. Hope to see you on the 'I booked my car thread'!

Last edited by vivekgk : 6th June 2010 at 19:12.
Old 7th June 2010, 00:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Anyway, with the base i20 Era, you don't seem to be missing out on much. You could get an i10 Magna for about 15K less ex-showroom, but the Era seems to have all the good bits, except for stereo, and face it, its always better to add your own ICE. You get front PW, manual AC + rear vents and all the good bits except for CL. You'll need an MDF parcel tray for good speakers and remote locking can be fitted outside for not too much extra. So, good choice. Hope to see you on the 'I booked my car thread'!
Exactly what i was thinking. The only things that actually mattered to me in terms of differences were the rear power windows and the stereo and that 'oh so beautiful' steering wheel that comes only with the Sportz and Asta. The decision of i20 over the other cars was more of a heart over head decision, but selecting a variant has been head over heart i guess.
Come to think of it ill hardly ever have rear passengers. Hence rear power windows option kinda became null and void. I mean i was ready for it if it was the figo then why crib now, my head says.
As far as stereo goes, youve said it already. I would any day prefer an aftermarket stereo over the stock one. I think i'll go for a 2 din here. Era comes with the speakers even though i wish they didnt so i could just add some good ones. I dont know how good the stock ones are but im pretty sure it cant be as good as the aftermarket options.
I wouldve paid that extra bit for that steering wheel alone but then its not even available in the Magna. I'd have to shell out nearly a lakh more for the Sportz variant for that but couldnt, since my budget is already stretched far beyond recognition. and the new BS4 Magna doesnt come with the ABS option any more. Hence i thought 50k more for the stereo and rear power windows alone was not worth it when i can easily get both for a fraction of that even though i dont need the rear power windows.
Old 7th June 2010, 00:41   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for Swift. Clearly the most fun to drive car amongst the cars listed here. Figo Petrol is underpowered.
Old 7th June 2010, 00:44   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Voted for Swift. Clearly the most fun to drive car amongst the cars listed here. Figo Petrol is underpowered.
Oh yeah i agree. I test drove the Figo petrol and it was sluggish, mostly so on the second gear from what ive noticed. It does fine on level roads but on slopes i could really feel the need for more power.
Old 8th June 2010, 20:27   #52
BHPian

UPDATE: Booked an i20. (I know its not there in the list of cars i started this thread for )
But thanks every one of you for all your suggestions and advice. Much appreciated. Details in the "I booked my car" thread.

Also some observations from the poll. Had a total of 112 voters so far.

At this point Figo is leading the poll by a big margin and seems unchallenged by anyone else.
Figo - 32.14% (36 votes)

i10 is a far second,
i10 - 18.75% (21 votes)

Swift has come up third,
Swift - 15.18% (17 votes)

Vista and Ritz fighting strong for fourth place,
Vista - 13.39% (15 votes)
Ritz 13.39% (15 votes)

and Beat seems a bit lonely back there,
Beat - 7.14% (8 votes)

Seems like Ford has got it right this time with the Figo. Seems quite popular.

Last edited by liquidmetal99 : 8th June 2010 at 20:37.
Old 9th June 2010, 13:33   #53
BHPian

I think, a few quick votes, without reading the posts, made the Figo an unchallanged winner since many might have voted thinking that the Figo TDCI is being considered here.

I am guessing, that if the option in the poll read "Petrol Figo", the results would have been different. This is also evident from the posts. Leaving the poll aside, could you please give us the statistics from the posts. I dont think that the Figo will come out as a winner, in that way.

Oh, almost forgot to mention ! Congratulations for booking the "Uber Cool". Gift us some good pictures and a good ownership thread when time comes.

- Cheers!

Last edited by SilkDrive : 9th June 2010 at 13:36.
Old 10th June 2010, 02:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 View Post
I wouldve paid that extra bit for that steering wheel alone but then its not even available in the Magna. I'd have to shell out nearly a lakh more for the Sportz variant for that but couldnt, since my budget is already stretched far beyond recognition. and the new BS4 Magna doesnt come with the ABS option any more. Hence i thought 50k more for the stereo and rear power windows alone was not worth it when i can easily get both for a fraction of that even though i dont need the rear power windows.
Well, you can always add a Momo steering. Better than stock any day. And if you feel you really miss the rear power windows, Autocop to the rescue! Even if you're cleaned out now, you'll be back to schedule (somewhat) in about a couple of months. You can add the good stuff then. Think of each addition as an opportunity to show it off in a thread!
Old 10th June 2010, 22:09   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Well, you can always add a Momo steering. Better than stock any day. And if you feel you really miss the rear power windows, Autocop to the rescue! Even if you're cleaned out now, you'll be back to schedule (somewhat) in about a couple of months. You can add the good stuff then. Think of each addition as an opportunity to show it off in a thread!
Momo steering for an i20? that'd be a little too ambitious eh. and yeah i heard about the aftermarket autocop and xenos power windows that my dealer was suggesting. But i dont think i'll be needing one since ill rarely have any rear passengers. Anyways not just that ive also heard the aftermarket ones can be quite boxy and ugly looking too. Any prior experiences with these anywhere? But then im also curious to know whether these things allow you to control it from the drivers seat or would it just be a standalone rear power windows? And Im eagerly waiting for the day i'll get back to that normal state so i can start thinking of all the good stuff then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
I think, a few quick votes, without reading the posts, made the Figo an unchallanged winner since many might have voted thinking that the Figo TDCI is being considered here.
Oh, almost forgot to mention ! Congratulations for booking the "Uber Cool". Gift us some good pictures and a good ownership thread when time comes.
- Cheers!
Thanks SilkDrive and ill definitely get some pics once i get my hands on it. And yes now that youve put it like that i doubt if that was the case with Figo. Lets hope not.

Last edited by liquidmetal99 : 10th June 2010 at 22:13.
Old 31st December 2010, 02:05   #56
BHPian

Re: i10, Beat, Figo or Vista - whats your pick?

hi, sorry for restarting a dead post but couldnt find a better place to ask this -

Ive been researching quite a bit on this forum for a hatch, our running is less than 500km per month but have shortlisted these cars -
next gen i10 asta, figo titanium tdci and vw polo 1.2 highline.

I know our type of running doesnt require diesel but the figo tdci fits just within the budget, love the i10 for its features (I consider it more VFM than figo ) but heard it has feel-less handling. And as figo is fitting in the budget (pretty close to the i10), I cant see any harm in buying a diesel, and you never know, our monthly usage may just increase after buying a diesel, not sure thou.

Thanks, need some advice
Old 31st December 2010, 11:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal9321 View Post
hi, sorry for restarting a dead post but couldnt find a better place to ask this -

Ive been researching quite a bit on this forum for a hatch, our running is less than 500km per month but have shortlisted these cars -
next gen i10 asta, figo titanium tdci and vw polo 1.2 highline.

I know our type of running doesnt require diesel but the figo tdci fits just within the budget, love the i10 for its features (I consider it more VFM than figo ) but heard it has feel-less handling. And as figo is fitting in the budget (pretty close to the i10), I cant see any harm in buying a diesel, and you never know, our monthly usage may just increase after buying a diesel, not sure thou.

Thanks, need some advice
Indeed a familiar situation. The Figo Titanium Diesel is just about Rs. 6 lacs on-road. Compared to that the Punto Emotion Pack Petrol is around 6.4 lacs (yes it has more features).
A diesel car with safety features at 6 lacs - I don't see other options.
Old 6th January 2011, 03:20   #58
BHPian

Congrats on booking the i20.
I am a Vista Petrol user (12k kms completed) and I can vouch for that car. So much so, that I am planning to buy a QDJ soon. The comfort level is unparalled.
Though most people complain it is sluggish, i find if you keep it in the power band (1800 rpm+) it is pretty good to drive. I get a consistent FE of 14+ in the city with AC.
Old 6th January 2011, 04:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

For me it is very close to i10 and Figo. Maybe Figo will win for looks alone.
Old 6th January 2011, 05:02   #60
BHPian

Voted for the figo. In the city , driving is generally sedate and hence a bit of an anaemic engine should not be held against a wonderful package.The ritz would be a close second ( just tipped for looks)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks