Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Have you considered the New Cayenne?

I believe that will a be a good option.
Avoid the S Class. It just doesn't feel as special as the new 7. Look at the 730Ld if you want a sedan, and the new 2010 Cayenne if you don't mind an SUV. I am not sure of the launch dates though.
If you are willing to wait a bit longer, check out the new Audi A8 which is supposed to be coming out this year.

From what iv heard, the new A8 will not be launching in India until next year. Not sure whether hes willing to wait that long. Anyways if your news is confirmed and if it IS launching this year its great news. Though with a 90 lakh budget cap, he could go into the Audi A8 3.0 TDi territory, not the 4.2 or bigger ones.
Old 23rd June 2010, 19:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Have You Considered the Cayenne? It is one of the Best Handling and Driver Oriented SUV's in the market today ,any day better than the Rangies.
Uh oh.... Range Rover dont handle like boats either and looks exactly a million times better if not more. The interiors are better too in my opinion.
While the Cayenne is all sporty and raw, the Range Rover is sheer class and looks majestic.
Old 23rd June 2010, 19:47   #33
BHPian

I may be going against the grain here DNS, but if ever I were in your shoes (I wish; and congrats to you BTW), my thought process would be as follows:

1) I have 3 other prestige cars (2 mercs and 1 Audi)
2) 4 people in the family
3) Love to drive
4) Want a driver oriented car
5) Have a substantial budget

I wouldnt think too much further and pamper myself with a sports car like an M3, a Z4, a 370Z etc etc. or maybe even a used Porsche.

But thats just me. Ultimately, it is your hard earned money and decision.
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:21   #34
BHPian

The XJ is absolutely beautiful, and with 0-100 in 6 seconds its awesome for a luxury car. Now the thing is do you want a big luxury car that is comfortable, spacious and performance oriented then the XJ or 7 or cayenne (new) is a good bet. But if you want a car thats fast then look for a cls or m5, thats a good compromise between a sedan and a sports car or else look at an all out sports model like z4, sl 350, porche etc
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:46   #35
BHPian

you can rethink on the Jag. i think it has good equipment levels for the price. The cayenne isnt a bad option. considered the ML?
Seems there are more options being suggested on the suv front. whats the harm though if the suv has carlike handling.
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

You must be sick of hearing all these options, but, what about buying the Mitsu Evo? Judging by the news in the Indian Car Scene section, it should be here soon. So here's my recommended (revised) list:

a. Jaguar XFR
b. Mitsubishi Evo (significantly cheaper)
c. Range Rover Diesel
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:07   #37
Senior - BHPian

I am not having that good knowledge of high end cars but if I had that budget I would be thinking of Landcruiser, I guess that would fit the budget.

Off Topic: 90 lakhs according to me is not a budget for a car, it looks like a budget for municipality. Did not know people having this much budget also had doubts on what to buy etc.
Old 24th June 2010, 01:42   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

@Platzda Turbo: I am sorry, but it seems I phrased myself wrong. I was under the impression that it was coming out at the end of this year in India.
My bad.

@DNS: The best bet would be the new 7 Series. She is quite a looker!
Old 24th June 2010, 02:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Off Topic: 90 lakhs according to me is not a budget for a car, it looks like a budget for municipality. Did not know people having this much budget also had doubts on what to buy etc.
Well a budget is a budget, and like all acquisitions - regardless of purchasing power - people like to buy the best in their budget. Hence, this thread.
Old 24th June 2010, 06:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Uh oh.... Range Rover dont handle like boats either and looks exactly a million times better if not more. The interiors are better too in my opinion.
While the Cayenne is all sporty and raw, the Range Rover is sheer class and looks majestic.
The Needs of the Topic starter states that he is looking for something sporty , if he is interested in class then he has the E280 to Travel in.
The Porsche Cayenne is probably one the best handling Suv's available Today which cant be even rivaled by the X5 .
Rangies are rather Bulky and have sloppy handling compared to cayennes.
Buy a Turbo cayenne and you can keep up with almost any car available on road and offroad

Last edited by vinaydas : 24th June 2010 at 06:27.
Old 24th June 2010, 10:45   #41
DNS
BHPian

So.........

Sedans:
1. Merc E (W212)
2. Merc S 320 CDI
3. BMW 5 (F10)
4. BMW 650i is also in the budget.
5. Jag XF, XF-R is outside the budget
6. Audi A6 3.0TDI
7. Audi A8 3.0TDI
8. Volvo S80

SUV's: (Like cornering hard at a 180kmph, so not too hot on the SUV's)
1. Q7 4.2TDI
2. Range Rover (will only get the diesel option in this budget)
3. Cayanne (which does come with a very capable diesel engine)

Have also Checked out:
1. Merc E 250 CDI
2. Merc C 250/220 CDI
3. Merc C 200 CGI (Crazy power. Best in class & by far. What performance)
4. Audi A4 3.0 TDI (Too expencive for an A4)
4. Skoda Superb (All motors)
5. Skoda Laura 1.8TFSI/New 2.0CRDI (Project car)

Am I missing anything.

Im going to sound really ungrateful here, but to meet all requirements, 1 needs a bigger budget. E63 AMG ............ The dream.

Thanks all for the assistance till now.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS View Post
So.........

Sedans:
1. Merc E (W212)
2. Merc S 320 CDI
3. BMW 5 (F10)
4. BMW 650i is also in the budget.
5. Jag XF, XF-R is outside the budget
6. Audi A6 3.0TDI
7. Audi A8 3.0TDI
8. Volvo S80

SUV's: (Like cornering hard at a 180kmph, so not too hot on the SUV's)
1. Q7 4.2TDI
2. Range Rover (will only get the diesel option in this budget)
3. Cayanne (which does come with a very capable diesel engine)

Have also Checked out:
1. Merc E 250 CDI
2. Merc C 250/220 CDI
3. Merc C 200 CGI (Crazy power. Best in class & by far. What performance)
4. Audi A4 3.0 TDI (Too expencive for an A4)
4. Skoda Superb (All motors)
5. Skoda Laura 1.8TFSI/New 2.0CRDI (Project car)

Am I missing anything.

Im going to sound really ungrateful here, but to meet all requirements, 1 needs a bigger budget. E63 AMG ............ The dream.

Thanks all for the assistance till now.

1. Merc E (w212) - ok i know you wouldnt mind another Merc but seriously....2 E classes ????

2. Merc S320 CDI - I have my doubts how much you would "enjoy" driving this one. Dont know much about this car but do know that it is NO enthusiasts car and isnt to keen on cornering hard that you intend to do.

3. BMW 5 (f10) - Bingo. Trump card. Substancially cheaper than the rest. Extremely good buy as you are looking to drive yourself and hardly any car gives you as much driving pleasure as the Beemers. Would go for it if i were you.

4. BMW 650i - In budget yes. But If you are spending so much on a 6 series why not go for an 'M' instead ? With the 650i you are going seriously close to the M3. Both arent family cars anyways so if you are contemplating the 650i surely you could think about the M3 which i think would be a better buy. Also dont know exactly when though the 6 series would be due for a change sometime soon.

5. Jaguar XF - Another good buy. Exclusivity personified. Whats the price tag though ?

6. Audi A6 3.0 TDI - Great Engine. Wouldnt be keen on it though as the styling is really bland and thoroughly outdated with the new A6 coming out next year. (The LEDs look horrendous on the A6)

7. Audi A8 3.0TDI - Another good buy with acres of space and never ending list of gadgetry. It ofcourse wouldnt be as agile and quick as the A4 or A6 3.0 because of the added mass. you will have to wait till next year ( later half) for the new A8

8. Volvo S80 - Again , exclusivity but of a different kind.It wont give you the attention the Jaguar would and not sure how sensible the price tag on this car is. Dealer network also a concern.Hardly ever seen on our streets,hence "exclusive". This car has got it all - All wheel drive , list of features, the petrol engine has 300+ bhp and is probably SAFER than any other car mentioned here with safety technology that not even the Audis,Mercs or Beemers have.

SUVs - Since you are keen on cornering hard, i wouldnt consider the Range Rover. The cayenne would be the best of the SUV lot,followed by the X5 and then the Q7. The Q7 would give you the power of 500 stallions !

Merc E 250 CDI - Wonder why though? when you have that kind of budget, why not opt for the E350 CDI if it has to be a Merc ?

Merc C250/ C220 CDI - Been in the C220 CDI ,ride is so smooth and cushioned. Short on features compared to rivals though.

Merc C200 CGI - Strange you found the power awesome after driving around in the more powerful C's

AUDI A4 3.0 TDI - Expensive YES. But totally worth every penny. I own 1. Incredible power. 1 of the fastest diesel sedans on offer in India. The famed "Quattro" system, tons of features and ofcourse, those LEDs
Rear leg space STRICTLY Average inspite of its comparitively big size on the outside.

Skodas (all) - with such a fantastic budget, i honestly think you should discount all skodas out of the reckoning. Besides, you might have heard about the " oh so fantastic" skoda A.S.S .Hehe.

Your choice is vast and fantastic. Many die to be in the dilemma that you are in ! hehe. Test drive each one again if you are keen to and according to your and your family's needs make the wisest decision. Good luck !

( P.S - still shocked u discounted the 7 as it fits your needs best. Corners like its a 3 series , has never ending space and the featues could keep you occupied for days !also in your budget )
Old 24th June 2010, 12:42   #43
BHPian

Why not consider the SUV's from the three pointed star's stable?
And if you dont care that much about the badge the LC200 is worth a shot.
Old 24th June 2010, 13:05   #44
DNS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Your choice is vast and fantastic. Many die to be in the dilemma that you are in ! hehe. Test drive each one again if you are keen to and according to your and your family's needs make the wisest decision. Good luck !

( P.S - still shocked u discounted the 7 as it fits your needs best. Corners like its a 3 series , has never ending space and the featues could keep you occupied for days !also in your budget )
It looks like you've understood my dilemma. lol.
Old 24th June 2010, 13:15   #45
Team-BHP Support

with regards to the suv's you have put up. the cayenne's diesel is the same as the q7 3.0tdi so the q7 4.2tdi would be a better bet. i think a cayenne s would fit in your budget too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks