Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2010, 12:50   #961
BHPian

The Fortunate???

Hi Fellas, the details of our booking. It's been done by my cousin in Chennai since Dada and I couldn't make it. Here goes:

Make: Toyota
Model: Fortuner 3.0D
Variant: Full Options (Guess there is just one variant)
Fuel: Diesel
Booking date: 17-July-2010
Color: Super White
Expected delivery date: 1st Week of March, 2011
Dealer: Lanson Toyota, Chennai
Freebies: No idea, I just got the tints free when I got the Qualis from them in 2004.
Discounts: Nothing I have heard of so far.

I only hope I get the vehicle faultless and as promised. I am ready to get the rest done myself.

Cheers
Champion!
Old 18th July 2010, 14:49   #962
Senior - BHPian

Finally the good news people! Yesterday I was informed by the showroom that my car has arrived at their stock yard and asked me to complete the payment formalities

I shall be going in for a test drive tomorrow at the showroom followed by a pre-delivery inspection at their stockyard. And payment(s) after that again in the showroom. Wish me luck guys and thanks for the comprehensive pre-delivery inspection article, it will be really useful tomorrow.

I plan to get the car on 29th July (Ganesh chaturthi) and I will put up a new thread as soon as I get my hands on the car
Old 19th July 2010, 08:10   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Finally the good news people! Yesterday I was informed by the showroom that my car has arrived at their stock yard and asked me to complete the payment formalities
I shall be going in for a test drive tomorrow at the showroom followed by a pre-delivery inspection at their stockyard. And payment(s) after that again in the showroom. Wish me luck guys and thanks for the comprehensive pre-delivery inspection article, it will be really useful tomorrow.
I plan to get the car on 29th July (Ganesh chaturthi) and I will put up a new thread as soon as I get my hands on the car
All the Best for the new car. BTW which model did you opt for? Also a bit strange that you are TDing after completing the payment formalities. Should it not be the other way round.
Also FYI Ganesh Chaturthi is on 11th Sept and not on 29th July.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:11   #964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
Model: Fortuner 3.0D
Variant: Full Options (Guess there is just one variant)
Color: Super White
Expected delivery date: 1st Week of March, 2011
Dealer: Lanson Toyota, Chennai
Freebies: No idea, I just got the tints free when I got the Qualis from them in 2004.
Did I read it correctly? 8 months waiting period?. Did you pay the full amount or is it just a nominal booking amount?

If yes? Is "any" vehicle worth waiting for that long?

IMHO, looking at how fast automotive industry is growing in India, we may have a few other options as well. Whew !
Old 19th July 2010, 13:27   #965
BHPian

Booked a Fiat Linea 1.4 Petrol Emotion+ without ever taking a test drive on 10th July at KHT Motors, Bangalore

Color : Minimal Grey or Silver as the world knows it.
Expected Delivery : 25th July
OTR : 8.84L, after free insurance, extended warranty and corporate discount of 15,000
Freebies promised: Floor mats (Fiat), Mud flaps, sun film (most probably garware - I will negotiate for 3m at the time of delivery).
I had faced numerous issues with KHT Motors but after reaching out to senior Fiat officials it's now going smooth.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:47   #966
BHPian

Quote:
I was recently in one of Maruti's dealership in Surat and the waiting period for Eeco there was 400 days. I still don't believe it but that's what the salesman had to tell me!!
Old 19th July 2010, 16:20   #967
BHPian

Booked an i20 CRDI 6 Speed "Sportz" and later upgraded to "Asta" for having better safety features: All wheel disc brakes, ABS with EBD and Dual Airbags.

Delivery got delayed as I changed the variant midway from Sportz to Asta

Dealer has promised the delivery before 25th of August 2010.

Color: Crystal White
OTR: 7.5L Approx
Waiting Period: 45 days Approx.
Old 20th July 2010, 00:09   #968
BHPian

make: ford
model: fiesta
variant:1.6s
Dealer:
lathangi Ford, Bangalore
fuel: petrol
booking Date: 03/07/2010
expected Delivery Date: about Four Weeks From Booking
freebies: mats, 3m Sun Film And Puncture Repair Kit
discount: rs 25,000/-
Old 20th July 2010, 07:51   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
make: ford
model: fiesta
variant:1.6s
Dealer: lathangi Ford, Bangalore
fuel: petrol
booking Date: 03/07/2010
expected Delivery Date: about Four Weeks From Booking
freebies: mats, 3m Sun Film And Puncture Repair Kit
discount: rs 25,000/-
Congrats Red Devil and welcome to the Fiesta family. What colour have you booked. I pray it is a Sea Grey coz the colour simply rocks. What was the OTR cost and the insurance cost. I am sure you will be soon posting your TD and booking experience.
Old 20th July 2010, 10:30   #970
BHPian

Quite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Did I read it correctly? 8 months waiting period?. Did you pay the full amount or is it just a nominal booking amount?

IMHO, looking at how fast automotive industry is growing in India, we may have a few other options as well. Whew !
You heard that quite right mobike008, guess the "Maruti days" are repeating themselves even after liberalisation of the economy. Unfortunately for me, if I wish to have a vehicle which is trouble-free, Diesel devouring, Brand trustworthy, Service reliable,etc., I can't think of anything else than Toyota. And so long us customers like me are there, the demand will be there. However, I am not willing to splurge a premium to jump the queue and hence the agreed wait.

Btw, I have paid INR 1L as deposit and have opted for the White.

Champion
Old 20th July 2010, 15:44   #971
BHPian

Guys, I received my car's VIN Number on Monday and was happy to know that it is a July, 2010 manufactured vehicle. This month is very special for our family as 23rd is my Mother's Birthdate and on this date itself we got our first car home back in 2000.
The Sales Manager told me that I shall get my car on or around 26th July. Is this delay okay considering that the car would be coming from Chennai to Gurgaon,Haryana ?
I tweaked my deal a bit again and finally, this is what it is-

Quote:
Make : Ford
Model : Fiesta
Variant : 1.6S (Sports)
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 19th Jun 2010
Color : Sea Grey
Expected Delivery Date : End of July, 2010
Dealer & City : Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon
Freebies :
1. First Year Insurance worth Rs. 23000 (By Ford)
2. Corporate Discount- Rs. 15000
2. Ford Essential Kit (Genuine Ford Floor Mats- Black)
3. Genuine Ford Dicky Mat
4. Ford Approved Gear Lock
5. Underbody Rust Treatment by 3M
Others: Scuff Plates for a special price of Rs. 750 instead of 1250.
Final Price including everything- Rs. 7,34,750
LOL! The ex-showroom Price is Rs. 7,33,000

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 20th July 2010 at 15:45.
Old 20th July 2010, 19:28   #972
BHPian

Hi guys! Here's the details of the booking my dad made :

Model: Fortuner 3.0D MT
Variant: Only one variant available currently
Color: Black Mica
Expected delivery date: My dad was saying we might get it in a month or so. I have no idea how that's going to happen.
Dealer: Nippon Toyota, Thiruvananthapuram
Freebies: No idea
Old 21st July 2010, 17:39   #973
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Booked a Fiat Linea 1.4 Petrol Emotion+ without ever taking a test drive on 10th July at KHT Motors, Bangalore
Never ever book a car without driving it yourself first. Don't go by my reviews, nor by anyone else's. Each individual has his own preferences, and how comfortable you are in the driving seat is something only a long test-drive can reveal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Booked an i20 CRDI 6 Speed "Sportz" and later upgraded to "Asta" for having better safety features: All wheel disc brakes, ABS with EBD and Dual Airbags.
Good move

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Model: Fortuner 3.0D MT
Man, its raining Fortuners on the forum! Well, it is my favorite 20 lakh SUV so I'm looking forward to your report already
Old 21st July 2010, 17:53   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
First car to be bought using my own money. In-fact, make it two cars booked on 1 day. One for me, one for my better half.

My Wife's Vehicle
Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : 1.4 Automatic Asta
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 26th Jun 2010
Color : Crystal White
Expected Delivery Date : 1st week of August 2010
Dealer & City : Oja Hyundai, Guwahati
Freebies :
Underbody Anti-rust treatment, mud flaps, floor carpets
Others : Reverse Sensor to be installed at the dealership. Autocop @ 3700/-. Sun Film to be done but not decided on which one. 5 year extended warranty @ 15xxx/-

The Apple of my eye
Make : Tata Motors
Model : Safari
Variant : 2.2 VTT DICOR 4x4 VX
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 26th Jun 2010
Color : Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date : 1st week of August 2010
Dealer & City : Modrina Auto Enterprise, Shillong
Freebies :
None
Others :
Sun Film to be done but not decided on which one.
An update. Presenting the apple of my Father-in-Law's Eye.
Make : Tata Motors
Model : Safari
Variant : 2.2 VTT DICOR 4x2 VX
Booking Date : 19th Jul 2010
Color : Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date : 1st of September 2010 together with my Safari.
Dealer & City : Modrina Auto Enterprise, Shillong
Freebies :
None
Old 21st July 2010, 21:37   #975
Senior - BHPian

MJD'd

I have been MJD'd today. I got a casual thought of buying a diesel hatch/sedan some time in 6-12 months. This thought came to me yesterday evening at 4PM. I started doing some research on what could be the best bet. I startled across the Palio. I was believing that Palios are already stopped. Many websites still showed the Stile and same with Fiat India website. My eyes lighted up, heart started pumping more. Checked the ex-showroom price in their website. It was 4.84 lac for Bangalore. I felt content, just for the reason that the Stile is still available. Quickly called their call center. Lady told yes, Palios are still available but not sure. Please contact a dealer. She said ex-showroom price was 3.89. I was baffled! I told her, please check properly, it cant be. We had a small argument and she was bent upon saying the price she quoted was correct. I still felt it was JOKE! For sure, she dint know about the dropped price, neither did I.

I thought let me check with some dealer. I called a couple of dealers who were surprised to get a call about Palio and sounded like as if I was asking them for a new Padmini. They got some executives call back. One dealer said 4.6lac and another said 4.5lac. Again, I asked them not to be joking with me. They confirmed that was the price and included insurance and extended warranty. I was all smiles and was jumping joy.

Today morning, I rushed to Prerana motors in Rajajinagar, Bangalore. The salesman showed least interest in me and my friend. He wasnt knowledgeable and we got really pissed and walked away. We went to Prerana motors on Lalbagh road, Bangalore. Here it was altogether a different experience. The initial sales guy was sounding new and as soon as he got to know its a Palio enquiry, he promptly handed over the situation to the Sales head. It was a great experience with him. His name was Vijay Ragvalu. We had long discussions about Palio, Punto and Fiat in general. He re-checked the price and quoted 4.49lac on road. Without any hesitation, I booked the car. Opted for Fiat Palio Stile 1.3 SDX, Furnace red color. They set expectations that the car would be delivered in October. I dont know if one fine day some one will call me and say no more Palio's, take your money back. I hope I dont get that dredded call.

Make : FIAT
Model : Palio Stile 1.3 SDX
Variant : SDX (Top-end)
Booking Date : 21st Jul 2010
Color : Furnace Red
Expected Delivery Date : October 2010
Dealer & City : Prerana Motors, Lalbagh Road, Bangalore
Freebies : None. Price was already dropped by Fiat by over a lakh.

Thought came, researched, finalized, BOOKED! All in under 16 hours. What do you guys think about the decision I made?

Last edited by funkykar : 21st July 2010 at 21:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks