Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2015, 14:45   #226
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Based on your listening experience, you can always buy the model on eBay or Snapdeal any time. Sometimes, dealers / installers give you a better price than online stores.
Any dealer that you would like to suggest? As you had mentioned earlier that availability of Stock Size speaker can be an issue. I stay near Mysore Road side of BLR
Old 12th January 2015, 15:44   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Any dealer that you would like to suggest? As you had mentioned earlier that availability of Stock Size speaker can be an issue. I stay near Mysore Road side of BLR
Alas, no one near where you are. You should either go to Koramangala (Auto Fusion, Top Gear or Sachin's Auto Shop), or Cambridge Layout (near Ulsoor; EVO opposite Ranka Apartments).
Old 15th January 2015, 11:54   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Alas, no one near where you are. You should either go to Koramangala (Auto Fusion, Top Gear or Sachin's Auto Shop), or Cambridge Layout (near Ulsoor; EVO opposite Ranka Apartments).
Anything on JC Road Side ?
Old 16th January 2015, 10:35   #229
Senior - BHPian

ICE for the Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Anything on JC Road Side ?
Not JC Road but Mission Road / Lalbagh Road maybe, but the installers lack finesse. You get a few spare parts leftover after installation, so you have to stand and supervise.
Old 21st January 2015, 13:55   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Not JC Road but Mission Road / Lalbagh Road maybe, but the installers lack finesse. You get a few spare parts leftover after installation, so you have to stand and supervise.
What is your feedback on Boston (Premium Sound Solutions) Boston: REF - 150F / PRO - 50C. Both are of size 5.25" and availability in BLR ?
Old 21st January 2015, 14:33   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is your feedback on Boston (Premium Sound Solutions) Boston: REF - 150F / PRO - 50C. Both are of size 5.25" and availability in BLR ?
Nice, neutral sounding. PRO has slightly accentuated mids. Availability you need to check with dealers.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 14:20   #232
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell what's coming in the Terrano Groove Edition? They say its Rockford Fosgate speakers but are they 5.25" direct fits?
Old 11th June 2015, 16:30   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Can someone tell what's coming in the Terrano Groove Edition? They say its Rockford Fosgate speakers but are they 5.25" direct fits?
If they are OE fitted, wouldn't they be direct fits?
Old 19th June 2015, 11:40   #234
BHPian

Hi everyone , getting the delivery of my duster 110 rxl today. Wanted to upgrade the speakers to front component speakers and coaxial real speakers. I would like to stick to the stock size.

Wanted to know if this would improve the overall sound quality. In terms of voice clarity which would be better between jbl and infinity( I have not checked for any particular model yet ) .

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th June 2015 at 11:58. Reason: Space before full stop/period not needed. :)
Old 20th June 2015, 09:52   #235

Hello everyone. I got my Duster RXL a week ago and trying to figure out a few things

1. The JBL 509c does not seem to avialable anywhere in Gurgaon or online. what would be best bet for front and rear speakers if i would like low treble, decent bass, clear sound with some depth. Allways found JBL to be as per my taste.

2. I cant seem to change folders on the stock non touch HU. am i missing something ?

3. The OEM Fit caska HU with Navigation and 7" display running on Windows 6.0 CE is on offer for 35K, is it worth it ? Cant seem to find any reviews for it. Thoughts and comments on this specially from anyone who is using it in terms of Pro's and Con's would be really great.
Old 22nd June 2015, 15:12   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raibat View Post
... 1. ... what would be best bet for front and rear speakers if i would like low treble, decent bass, clear sound with some depth. ...
Infinity Prime. Components in front, coax for rear.

Quote:
... 2. I cant seem to change folders on the stock non touch HU. am i missing something ? ...
Which HU? Check the pendrive - the HU is probably not able to read the directory tree beyond a point

Quote:
... 3. The OEM Fit caska HU with Navigation and 7" display running on Windows 6.0 CE is on offer for 35K, is it worth it ? Cant seem to find any reviews for it. Thoughts and comments on this specially from anyone who is using it in terms of Pro's and Con's would be really great.
Not worth it - the greatest con is bad sound, and suspect reliability with suspect availability of local A.S.S.

Almost all the touch screen HUs with navigation from Kenwood, Pioneer, Blaupunkt etc. cost the same - and are miles ahead of the CASKA. Beware of the term "OEM Fit" - it only means the bezel that adapts the HU to the dashboard opening. This is usually available off-the-shelf for a couple of 100.

An alternative is to buy non-navigation touchscreen HUs from Pio, Kenwood etc. (cost 18-22K) and buy the MMI navigation box separately. Make sure the model supports the external navigation box.
Old 22nd June 2015, 16:28   #237

@ DerAlte

I can't seem to find Infinity or JBL anywhere. I have gone through about 15 dealers yesterday and i just found one guy who had 1 pair of Infinity Kappa 50.11 Components (Old stock) Quoted 8K for it. Apparently there is some supply issue from Harman

The guy however refused to install it, as per him the Stock non touch HU that comes with the Duster will not drive these speakers unless i add an AMP and change the HU since the Stock HU does not have RCA out.

I don't want to change the HU unless it is a necessity.

The rear coax, I was considering Polk audio DB521
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:21   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Infinity Kappa 50.11 Components (Old stock) Quoted 8K for it.
Yes the Kappa series seems to be poorly distributed. But Infinity is just one brand, try Morel, Focal, Boston, DLS, or Polk and see if you can get something you like from these brands.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:45   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... The guy however refused to install it, as per him the Stock non touch HU that comes with the Duster will not drive these speakers unless i add an AMP and change the HU since the Stock HU does not have RCA out. ...
LOL the Kappa's so called "2 ohms" (2.7-2.9 ohms actually) impedance must have scared the daylights out of him to say that. Actually nothing will happen if you use the Kappas - they are really good.

The main issue is availability of 5.25" components. See if you get components in this size in other brands, as Navin suggested. AUDITION BEFORE YOU BUY - you will definitely not like the sound signature of some of them.
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:35   #240

Quote:
. AUDITION BEFORE YOU BUY .
Auditioning is proving to be a very difficult task. I did get to hear a Hertz which was installed on the dealers own duster with the Caka HU, did not like them much. The sound did not seem to have much character without the sub he had which i disabled for the audition.

The speakers i found are the Hertz, Polk, the Kappa and also a JBL ( the guy who could source the JBL was a real shoddy guy, i dont think i can trust him with the install. he could not even confirm which model 508c or 509c )

So as i understand, i can safetly install any components from a technical point of view, the amp would be recomended to bring out its true potnetial but not a prerequisite. Can i assume i would get about 60% of the speakers true potentiual without amps or less ?

Which speakers, really at a loss here since i cannot audition > Please recomend between Kappa, Polk and JBL. Like i said before, treble on the low side, decent bass, clear sound with some depth and without an amp in the setup at this stage.

Just as a point of refrence about my sound prefrence, I have a Santro with a JVC HU, stock size JBL coax front, amped JBL 6x9 rear and a JBL 600w tube, the amp is a shady one, Pro Sound 4 channel but it does the job, front offcourse needs some work since i cant hear anything from the front speakers. I gues this would not really be considered a good sound stage considering what i have understood after going through this tread at length.

Overall i like the sound in the car if that gives some clue as to my taste.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks