Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2006, 20:41   #391
Senior - BHPian

Ah you are right Sam!

I just want my music to be clear and resonably loud.

No competitions, no show offs here.
But as Navin pointed out going low means you will need those excursions, even without the dBs.

NAVIN,
I am already in talk with couple of installers and should be through with it in next 2-3 weeks.

Waiting to see all of it together.

Last edited by ST7677 : 27th November 2006 at 20:49.
Old 27th November 2006, 21:55   #392
Team-BHP Support

I would really talk to anwar and deepak asrani since you are in bangy.
Old 28th November 2006, 01:44   #393
BANNED

Kudos, Sam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The kind of amplifiers, audio generation etc that cause the subwoofer in a car to drive at max ex, are ridiculous to the point of being funny. It may and probably happen at an spl competition and that's another story. It's a question of mine is bigger than yours. That's a competition, but I assure you that even the competitiors do not listen to loud sine wave generations after the show.
Good point made. Will write it down for future reference.
Quote:
You talk of SQL, but at the same time want to know if the physical structure of your rear speaker will "withstand" the woofer. If you drive your subwoofer to the point where your rear speakers distort and get physically damaged, in effect you are planning a full SPL setup, for an SPL competition.
This is what makes me curious too. Why worry about all that metal bending, reflexing etc... when you're again and again mentioning SQ??
Will you by any chance use this for a show off or a competition? After meeting you and spending some time with you, I doubt so!!
Quote:
You see what I mean? There is nothing clear in this thread after 390 posts. I cannot understand if you want some mad aas SPL, or want to listen to some quality music. I think you want loud and clear music right? Then do not worry too much about excursions and distortions.
That explains a lot.
Quote:
Baaki bacha Brahma vs IDmax, it's a pointless discusssion, you have already purchased the much respected Brahma woofer and I am dying to hear what it will sound like.
and ditto here too.

Overall, there was a lot to take note from Sam's last post.
(I am warning you guys, this hairy tatoo tree is talking too much sense these days)!!!

BTW, get in touch with an installer as soon as possible. Dont worry about them ripping you apart. You have spent some serious bucks for the equipment dude. What good it can be, if not installed properly? So, dont try to save a few hundreds/thousands there. Go for the best you can afford.

And please dont forget to write a decent report with before, while & after install pics with some nice captions to boost! (Or you can leave the captions for Sam and Gunnu to fill in).

Last edited by speedzak : 28th November 2006 at 01:51.
Old 28th November 2006, 01:50   #394
Senior - BHPian

St,

You can get Reliance Synthetic Fibre Fill for 90Rs Per Kg locally. It has made the difference in Punch in my system.

What is your full and final setup ?
And plz post the pics as soon you got it installed.

Mugen.
Old 28th November 2006, 02:01   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
St,

You can get Reliance Synthetic Fibre Fill for 90Rs Per Kg locally. It has made the difference in Punch in my system.

What is your full and final setup ?
And plz post the pics as soon you got it installed.

Mugen.
And if you can't, get Reliance synthetic fibre fill pillows. They should be available in plenty!
Old 28th November 2006, 02:16   #396
BANNED

Arrey@@
Yeh pillow willow!!! Kya ho rehla hai???

Almost every good installer uses Polyfills these days dudes. Just make sure it's real Polyfills and not just any piece of cotton.
Old 28th November 2006, 08:11   #397
Senior - BHPian

Zak, the Reliance Pillows use some kinda (good quality) polyfill called Recron, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 28th November 2006, 09:51   #398
Team-BHP Support

Yes what Reliance uses is Polyfil (under a different brand). Many car installers get Polyfil in large bags and at lower prices (about rs. 40-50 per kg) but if you cant source this just get a couple of reliance pillows I believe they cost about rs. 150 each and use their contents.
Old 28th November 2006, 14:39   #399
Senior - BHPian

ST

Maybe my post wasnt clear... I never compared the Brahma to the iDMax... or any other subwoofer for that matter. I simply pointed out that you may be expecting something different from what this sub delivers. Which is not to say this sub doesnt do what its supposed to. In fact it does it very well. I would categorize this sub as a great SPL sub. SPL doesnt mean is has to be all over the place and has to sound horrible (though some do). Good SPL subs like this one sound clean while putting out big numbers. But dont mistake it for an SQ sub. SQ subs are a very different lot.

The iDMax is not comparable to a Brahma. Why? cuz the iDMax is an SQ sub that also does SPL. And the Brahma is an SPL sub that also does SQ. To compare to a third brand, the iDMax sounds more like a JL W6 while the Brahma sounds more like a JL W7. Now if both the W6 and W7 sounded alike, why would JL bother with manufacturing two different priced / marketed / packaged products.

And, I agree with Sam. I have met you, we have spoken at length over this, and I'm still confused as to what you really want.

Some advice... Dont buy into this whole "Internet Gyan" thing. An example: A lot of what you have read/written about the iDMax is untrue. I'm dont blame you cuz I know these rumours do the rounds. The iDMax is an efficient sub that doesnt really need anything over 600~700w. Knowing how loud it gets with even 400w, I cant imagine the need to give it a 1000w. A lot of people bought the iDMax thinking it is an SPL sub. It isnt! Some of these are the people who gave it 2000w in free air and blew it up just for fun. To me, all this is just dumb. Their opinions should mean nothing. But on the Internet, you would think they know what they're doing. And thats how positive/negative hype is born.

End of the day... like Zak said, get into the real world, give things a listen before you pay up. I emphasise this because you have yet not decided on your speakers. And for me, thats the most critical part of a setup.So go out and get busy auditioning.

And, installation is very very important. I dont know why people think that an installer should charge the same amount for installing a Rs 30K system and a Rs 150K system. Your system will need a lot more work, and the direct "hands on" involvement of a good installer. A good installer with years of experience will not get his hands dirty for 5k. He will just delegate the work to his team. Remember, you get what you pay for, there are no free lunches, yada yada yada...

Looking forward to seeing your install pics and your review.
Old 28th November 2006, 15:42   #400
Senior - BHPian

Ah you are right Sam!

I just want my music to be clear and resonably loud.

No competitions, no show offs here.
Old 30th November 2006, 22:58   #401
Senior - BHPian

High excursion typically requires long voice coils and hence lead to higher inductance.

Higher inductance = slower Transient response = slower sub

But due to XBL technology, Brahma achieves high excursion with smaller voice coil and hence has a low indictance = Faster woofer = good SQ

The latest (4th) generation Brahma 15" sub has inductance of 0.22mH per coil, which I think is very good!
Old 1st December 2006, 12:43   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
High excursion typically requires long voice coils and hence lead to higher inductance.
Higher inductance = slower Transient response = slower sub
But due to XBL technology, Brahma achieves high excursion with smaller voice coil and hence has a low indictance = Faster woofer = good SQ
The latest (4th) generation Brahma 15" sub has inductance of 0.22mH per coil, which I think is very good!
ST, You're not getting it... thats what I'm saying... the Brahma has very good SQ, for an SPL driver. That said, you shouldnt care what I think. The Brahma is supposed to be a great sub and I'm sure you will have countless hours of enjoyable music in your car with your setup. Isnt that what eventually counts? The truth of the pudding is in the eating... So get installing already
Old 1st December 2006, 13:52   #403
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gunbir,
You suggested to wire the amp (LRx 4.300) in 2 channel configuration to get 210W x 2 channel (@ 4 ohms) with appropriate gain settings.
But unfortunately the manual does not visually depict how to wire speakers for such configuration. (It only shows - Front+Rear+Sub and Front + Sub)

Can you please suggest how to wire the speakers / post a pic on that.
Old 1st December 2006, 14:15   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Can you please suggest how to wire the speakers / post a pic on that.
I can, and I want to. But the fact that your Audison product is parallel imported, un-warrantied and un-supported by us, doesnt allow me to... Conflict of interest etc... Sorry friend, you're on your own with this. I'm sure you will be able to figure it out on your own.
Old 1st December 2006, 14:19   #405
Senior - BHPian

Never mind, I will figure it out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks