Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2006, 23:27   #436
BHPian

Congrates ST!!!
so finally u have done it.

Quote:
Like your enthu and reminds me of the doc's ICE saga which went on for months.
now that was bit sarcastic muni.Little smily could have done better job.
Remember the quote:-"the proof of pudding........."
Why talk about pudding which u have not eaten so far.

It was just that i happen to join the forum even before i bought the car and then i was not able to get the stuff from abroad as planned coz of unavoidable circumstances which i dont wish to state here.But i am happy with the final outcome.I could have got the stuff much earlier but again cant tell u the reasons as i dont want to consume too much t-bhp's server space.

well...talking about saga,its still continuing right here.

Have a look there...
Old 12th December 2006, 00:03   #437
Senior - BHPian

Congrates ST..
Waiting to see more pics and report..

Mugen.
Old 12th December 2006, 00:05   #438
Senior - BHPian

Wish you all the luck for your install Hydra...

Muni, I must salute your patience to read through the entire thread! I would want to do that once few years from now...

You are very right about the money part. I started from 15K and have now very much crossed 10 times of that. Actually I need to sit and calculate that!
I stopped making budget for ICE once I crossed 1 lakh threshold, because every time I will make one only to break it :(

It became more of an addiction lately, I would spend hours and hours browsing net and talking to people about it. I was always passionate about music and with this I was living my passion.

Not that I have tons of money. My car is on finance and I am selling my old car to finance my ICE! I am yet to figure out how to break the news to my wife. As you would have rightly guessed she is not here at present, that is why I could spend 3 days at Auto Fusion!

I guess if she asks me I would tell her the price of one component at a time and hope she does not attempt to add them! Lol

Now regarding the setup: before anyone makes this statement, let me confess that it is not an SQL setup, nor is it an SPL one, least do I care! All I care about is that I like the way it sounds and it is very close to what I had expected it to be. It is money well spent.

You can always get systems which sound close in less money but they do not sound as lush and smooth. Ofcourse with more money you can get even better...

The only thing what now I am worried about is my ears. The dynamism of sound at higher volume is so orgasmically good (to me) that on every good song you want to crank up the volume.
Mind you this is the same me who would not play above 40% of the OE alpine unit! I still remember telling Gunbir that I do not listen to loud music

I guess all good things are bad for health, so is this case where I am getting addicted to high end music.
Old 12th December 2006, 08:04   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Wish you all the luck for your install Hydra...
Thanks, ST! I've got a good installer here, so I guess half the job is done. I'm doing 3-ways, so getting the positioning of the mid & tweeter right is going to be a uhhh... *female canine*! And my fussy nature makes things worse.

Quote:
Now regarding the setup: before anyone makes this statement, let me confess that it is not an SQL setup, nor is it an SPL one, least do I care! All I care about is that I like the way it sounds and it is very close to what I had expected it to be. It is money well spent.
Yes ST. End of the day, this is all that counts. Whatever category your setup falls into, if you like the sound, you've got it where you want it!

Quote:
The only thing what now I am worried about is my ears. The dynamism of sound at higher volume is so orgasmically good (to me) that on every good song you want to crank up the volume.
I'm jealous! Like lbm says, Boom responsibly!
Old 12th December 2006, 10:34   #440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I'm jealous! Like lbm says, Boom responsibly!
when you have speakers that can produce dangerous SPLs without complaining (cleanly) you have to twice as careful. If it is so loud that you cant hear your self speak (in a normal tone) it is too loud.
Old 12th December 2006, 10:50   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
now that was bit sarcastic muni.Little smily could have done better job.
Remember the quote:-"the proof of pudding........."
Why talk about pudding which u have not eaten so far.
well...talking about saga,its still continuing right here.

Have a look there...

Arrey doc baaba.. i like(d) every bit of that journey of yours( which still is going on) and i know that you have added a feather to your cap ( ICE knowledge). I envy your setup because you got some of your stuff real cheap .

Now you are in a position to suggest good setups for newbies. That is what i call as a worthwhile transition.

The pudding part..haha, I am happy about my setup but somehow like to hear different sounding setups. That is the reason why i gave away my 2 channel amp and put a set of JBL coaxials and wanna see how the head unit( to drive the coax) and the JBL amp drives the Sub.

@ST7677

Would like to hear your setup sometime and you have the right kind of approach which is take opinions/suggestions but let your judgement be the deciding factor in taking decisions.
Old 12th December 2006, 11:09   #442
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You are very right about the money part. I started from 15K and have now very much crossed 10 times of that. Actually I need to sit and calculate that!
I stopped making budget for ICE once I crossed 1 lakh threshold, because every time I will make one only to break it :(

It became more of an addiction lately, I would spend hours and hours browsing net and talking to people about it. I was always passionate about music and with this I was living my passion.

Not that I have tons of money. My car is on finance and I am selling my old car to finance my ICE! I am yet to figure out how to break the news to my wife. As you would have rightly guessed she is not here at present, that is why I could spend 3 days at Auto Fusion!.
Welcome to the world of financial infidelity - read more here

I dare say, I am guilty, what I do is disclose in installments
Old 12th December 2006, 16:36   #443
BHPian

Muni,considering that i gulped down 4pegs of JW Black lebel and my wife being away last night i was still able to do not bad job with my post to u.
Old 27th December 2006, 00:48   #444
BHPian

Quote:
I started from 15K and have now very much crossed 10 times of that. Actually I need to sit and calculate that!
Congratulations!!! cheers:

It is a similar story here. The OE system in my 2005 Corolla does not play MP3s. So I ventured into the world of ICE systems two months back with a budget of 10k to add an MP3 CD changer with FM modulator. But as it turns out, I have already spent Rs 1.6lakhs in past two months and the wish list is still big. My wife even complained to me once that I give more importance to my car than her. As you said, at some point it becomes more of an addiction

- Novice
Old 27th December 2006, 09:58   #445
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
My wife even complained to me once that I give more importance to my car than her.
Guys, dont worryabout it. "They" get used to it after a while.
Old 27th December 2006, 10:24   #446
Senior - BHPian

Ask me, I spent 2 hrs last Sunday afternoon, just sitting in the car and listening to some nice music !!!
Of course the car was on. As the sub would Thump the interior lights would go dim and the RPM meter would also dip... I hope this is normal behaviour.

Quote:
Guys, dont worryabout it. "They" get used to it after a while.
No wonder they hate this forum too... lol

I know I still owe the pictures to all of you, just give me few more days, life is in overdrive pace right now...
Old 27th December 2006, 12:18   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know I still owe the pictures to all of you.
YEAH!! My friend, YEAH aaaaand..... here it comes, after 450 posts in your thread...

So we're waiting. Come on come on.
Old 27th December 2006, 13:43   #448
BHPian

congrats man!!!!and as sam bhai said this thread is indeed worthless without the pics.!!!!!!!
dont think about sql and spl.if you are happy and satisfied at the end of the day then these things dont count a lot!!!!!!
Old 27th December 2006, 15:48   #449
Team-BHP Support

Sam, is that considered ONE smiley? :-) did anyone see KB's final install yet?
Old 27th December 2006, 17:13   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Sam, is that considered ONE smiley? :-) did anyone see KB's final install yet?
i think that is a borrowed smiley, hence does not count. has anyone seen KB ?? i guess these special installs never really end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks