Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2008, 12:26   #61
BHPian

@ vebmetal I stuck them with Fevikwik -they have not come off in the past 2 months!

Infact I stuck a 2sided foam sticker(3M) on the angled mount, and then rubbed over it to make it soiled, then applied FeviQuik and stuck it on the A-Pillar! it stays rock solid!!
Old 10th March 2008, 12:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionSwords View Post
This is a angled mount tweeterpod for the Illusion Electra Tweeters:
I feel it would have looked way better had the tweeters been flush mounted. The wires really spoil the whole look.
Old 10th March 2008, 12:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
@Amit - I doubt if we can get the Illusions here @ Chennai?
I enquired a whole lot of Shops @ GP Road, NewCollege, Vadapalani etc., but could not find the illusions at all! I went to Technokrat/Hi-Tech Car jewels as the name goes too, but he was not aware of Illusion Audio at all! wonder how you managed to see a demo!
No Illsuions in chennai . Now that's something that I did not expect.

Quote:
He was not having a demo for any Compos for that matter, NO JBL Demo, NO Polk Demo, all that he has for demo is "OVALS" and that is what all men in Chennai know about!

"machha, Ovals pottukoda, adhu Soopera irukkum! Sooper bass da adhu!!"

Wow man that is the taste of Chennai! huh I guess cheap bass is for idiotic Auto Fellas - and would like to see Chennai guys grow to a great Listening Taste!
Oh man, you are right Chennai people need to grow up as far as ICE are concerned. And these install shops mostly have a few HU's and even few speakers (only ovals) and getting a demo of speakers of our choice is not at all possible.
Almost everyone I know does not even know the model of their speakers/Hu's. They just go by brands and the suggestions of the "Great" dealers of chennai.
Old 10th March 2008, 12:38   #64
BHPian

Yep - wires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
I feel it would have looked way better had the tweeters been flush mounted. The wires really spoil the whole look.
yeah man, been thinking about it!
I'm going to BlueRaven next week sometime! I would find out if some sort of a Fibreglass stuff can be fitted up there! custom made!
Old 10th March 2008, 12:46   #65
BHPian

Understatement -that is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
No Illsuions in chennai . Now that's something that I did not expect.

Oh man, you are right Chennai people need to grow up as far as ICE are concerned. And these install shops mostly have a few HU's and even few speakers (only ovals) and getting a demo of speakers of our choice is not at all possible.
Almost everyone I know does not even know the model of their speakers/Hu's. They just go by brands and the suggestions of the "Great" dealers of chennai.
"Great Dealers" - lol man

I agree to a large extent, but dude, it is only the buyers i would love to blame first!

if only we buyers were a little aware, and asked for better stuff, and never agree to compromise on the install and workmanship, we all would get a better deal at one point!

Man - what installers man!! dhud!

[not only about installers, think about everything else - Auto drivers, two wheelers, cycles, and those "3wheel cycles pulling water cans] ***tar*s!!] need to be taken off the City limits!
Old 10th March 2008, 13:03   #66
BHPian

Quote:
yeah man, been thinking about it!
I'm going to BlueRaven next week sometime! I would find out if some sort of a Fibreglass stuff can be fitted up there! custom made!
Oh so you are going nitrous's way and getting your work re-done with blueraven

Guess I will have to do the same if i dont find the Illusions in chennai.... head to Bangalore

Last edited by praveen_v : 10th March 2008 at 13:06.
Old 10th March 2008, 13:49   #67
BHPian

Aah, not really!
Im not redoing anything with my IllusionICEing! lol

I'm taking a friend who wants a Cool Install, and not the dirty Chennai wiring!
So Im driving him to BluRaven likely 2morrow with his new Renault Logan!
Hope to get Illusions and a Pioneer 4050 installed as Phase 1

MS
Old 10th March 2008, 18:38   #68
BHPian

@ MillionSwords:

The lady at high-tech has an Innova and its got Illusion comps in it !! (not sure if its hers)
Who did you talk to anyways ? The installer kid ?

They definately have no Polk, but I got JBL comps for my accent just a few months ago from there ! Maybe they dont call them components ??

I don't know any VB.

EDIT: Just gave Hi-Tech a call. Asked them if it was really illusions I listened to, and he blabbered something and said he'll call me back! Hope I didnt listen to a Sony and compare it with illusions. I guess Ill be back to you after all MS. Cant believe Technokrat has never heard of illusions, really shocking as some people reagrd them as one of the best in chennai.

@All Chennai-ites: Do you know of A-N-Y good installers with any knowledge of what he is doing ? Ayone you would recommend ?

Wonder if they even know what damping is !!

Last edited by amitwiz1 : 10th March 2008 at 18:48. Reason: added
Old 11th March 2008, 09:53   #69
Senior - BHPian

Amit, why dont you hook up with Sideways (Farhan)? He uses a guy called Bala and was happy with the way his setup turned out.
Old 14th March 2008, 18:22   #70
BHPian

Hey Ajay Bhai - Thanks a MILLION to you for Illusions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Amit, why dont you hook up with Sideways (Farhan)? He uses a guy called Bala and was happy with the way his setup turned out.

Ajay Bhai,

How are you?
Bala is V.Bala they refer to him as [VB], he talks a lot, but the boys who work on the car are very pathetic and barbaric in handling the car! better not recommend VB/technocrat to any one till there is proper inputs from any BHPians!

I stood for a long time to see how they do the "FITTING" not install!

PS: Another Illusion Done and Rocking in a friend's Renault Logan! I will post about the install done by Satya(BlueRaven) and team!
Old 14th March 2008, 18:54   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionSwords
How are you?
Bala is V.Bala they refer to him as [VB], he talks a lot, but the boys who work on the car are very pathetic and barbaric in handling the car! better not recommend VB/technocrat to any one till there is proper inputs from any BHPians!
Very well, thanks for asking. Hope the same for you.

I have no clue if he's the same guy. Farhan got his system installed from a Bala and he said it turned out quite well. But then I'm sure Farhan ensures that his car gets special treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionSwords
PS: Another Illusion Done and Rocking in a friend's Renault Logan! I will post about the install done by Satya(BlueRaven) and team!
Oh, thats excellent! So 5.25" comps for the front? Do post pics.
Old 14th March 2008, 19:49   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Ajay Bhai,
Great.. what was the setup?? waiting for the pics!!

OT: And my pricelist??
Old 21st March 2008, 15:59   #73
BHPian

hey i called you

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Great.. what was the setup?? waiting for the pics!!

OT: And my pricelist??
praveen I called you, and you did not pick up the call?
Old 21st March 2008, 18:24   #74
BHPian

Quote:
praveen I called you, and you did not pick up the call?
Oh hoy... sorry man.. i didnt know. when??
Old 21st March 2008, 20:33   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
@ MillionSwords:

The lady at high-tech has an Innova and its got Illusion comps in it !! (not sure if its hers)
Who did you talk to anyways ? The installer kid ?

They definately have no Polk, but I got JBL comps for my accent just a few months ago from there ! Maybe they dont call them components ??

I don't know any VB.

EDIT: Just gave Hi-Tech a call. Asked them if it was really illusions I listened to, and he blabbered something and said he'll call me back! Hope I didnt listen to a Sony and compare it with illusions. I guess Ill be back to you after all MS. Cant believe Technokrat has never heard of illusions, really shocking as some people reagrd them as one of the best in chennai.

@All Chennai-ites: Do you know of A-N-Y good installers with any knowledge of what he is doing ? Ayone you would recommend ?

Wonder if they even know what damping is !!
If you are still looking for an Installer in Chennai, let me Know I will give a guys number to you (he knows about what is sound Proofing and sound Proof material - damping according to you). We guys are satisfied with his installs and workmanship.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks